Forced grouping for content - No thank you Blizzard

But you still don’t need to talk to anyone. I think it will be a challenge in the end game and it will have different levels, so it shouldn’t be too challenging, as everything in Diablo is relatively easy.

1 Like

You will need them to perform, from what they showed, you cant beat the boss if your partner dies

Its turning an ARPG into a MMO, which is bad for the genre and they will lose players because of it

17 Likes

There will be levels.Do the easiest content.Does anyone die doing normal content??We die facing an enemy 100 levels above ours.I don’t like raids, but I haven’t seen anything special.It seems like a legion event, where equipment is very easy.Logical which on harder levels can be challenging.

1 Like

No, its not.

I dont care about others dying in a legion event, it has never stopped me from completing it

Open world events have NOTHING to do with forced group dungeons

8 Likes

Well - we know at least that another ARPG that is F2P will be getting solo players and probably making even more money :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Exactly my thoughts …

But who said you can’t die? We still don’t know anything.

Worst part is they already have a MMO!! Why are they forcing this on us? If wanted to do this stuff I’d play WoW, and they are locking a lot of stuff behind this, this is so unfair to all solo players. I don’t care if there’s a group finder, the main reason I quit Multiplayer games are randoms and PUGs.

32 Likes

That’s still not a reason for everyone to lose there mind there trying to reach a broader player base with this game

1 Like

Are we still with this denial?

They said you will need coordination to beat the encounters, that you NEED a minimum of two people, etc

Do they need to spell everything to you?

1 Like

I agree with you so much on this. I stopped playing WoW because I was tired of having to find groups. Sure you can pug multiplayer content but it’s a crapshoot whether you’re going to have a good time or not. Sometimes you get good people, sometimes you don’t. And unfortunately in this context “good” has more than one meaning. It’s not just about skill, it’s about attitude. Nothing worse than grouping with someone and being stuck dealing with someone who is a horrible person.

Even when you’re in a guild/clan or have real life friends playing with you, multiplayer content can be problematic. Scheduling is a pain. Skill level differences are a thing. Got a friend who is fine on low content but struggles with anything that pushes higher difficulty? Or maybe you’re that one that struggles with harder content and you just hate being the pity case who is getting carried.

The Diablo games have always been my go-to for fun solo hack and slash entertainment. Something that can be as challenging or easy as I like. Something that I can spend ten minutes on, or three hours - as I see fit. Something that I can easily stop if the phone rings or I need to walk away for a few minutes. Forced multiplayer content ruins that accessibility. Please Blizzard, rethink multiplayer only “dungeons” and allow them to be done solo if we choose.

25 Likes

You still have the option to do the content or dont. Life is full of choices but why buy a online live servicr game if you wanted a solo offline game?

The online components of diablo has always been multiplayer focused.

3 Likes

I’ve had to get over the idea that this will ever be a game with a true SSF mode. Everything done in this game yells multiplayer is better, more efficient especially if you want a build that needs mythics to get up and running.

On the bright side, I can still solo most everything in the game - just need to group up for the new S6 group dungeon and tormented bosses for mythics. Furthermore, the majority of the time, I get good groups and the people aren’t terrible to be around (leeching/leaving, being hateful, etc).

1 Like

The point shouldn’t be if it has to be done or not. The point is it is content made for one group of people. Which is fine if this was an MMO, but it was advertised as an ARPG with optional co-op/multiplayer.

I quit WoW ages ago due to the toxicity of some of the player base. It is why I like ARPGs. Also due to health issues I’m just not as good or fast as I used to be. In the end it is content that should be for everybody, regardless of if they want to do it solo or multiplayer.

20 Likes

Personally hope far more people sit out from buying VoH. Vote with our wallets. I will be. Year plus and same issues continue with poor development choices. Not sure where the time goes.

7 Likes

Diablo has always had 100% of the content being able to be done solo

ALWAYS, EVERY SINGLE DIABLO

And in D4, you can do 100% of the content in groups

Is it really that much to be asked the same for solo? To be able to play 100% of the game solo?

In a time where more and more companies realize that such an option is neccesary, even in MMOs?

This is a MASSIVE mistake from Blizzard, a S3 traps or worse kind of mistake

29 Likes

Yep, im on the same boat. If there is any content in the game i cant solo, i wont buy. simple as that.

13 Likes

But there’s going to be some kind of fun and challenging puzzles to solve! Yay…?

1 Like

Your right in the essence that older diablo games had an offline mode. D4 doesnt and it was not a secret that one wouldnt be offered

But why even buy the base game if you knew it was online only without a ssf mode?

1 Like

Online mode has nothing to do. D3 didnt have offlince mode either

We are talking about solo/group not online/offline

Two completely different things

20 Likes