Fix the rubber banding

Its unplayable with this constant rubber banding lag. On each dungeon instance there is a lag or rubber banding. If you forced us have constant online connection with your server make sure that it does not bottleneck in single dungeon instance. If your servers or game engine due to poor engineering can’t handle AoZ mobs / calculations / renders think of other “end game activities”. I call bad engineering when your code loads each players full stash. Or provide us with offline mode so we don’t get bottlenecked by our environment. Especially when we have only single life in “end game”.

8 Likes

i have the exact same problem. When i play easy content where mobs are one shoted like WT4 hell tide i have like 60-70 ms and game runs very smoothly and responds nice without any delay but as soon as i enter NMD 80+ where it takes few secs to kill things and all the bleed effect that i have are on my ping goes to around 100 or above but feels like its 300+ and it just suck to play like that. And if i stop fighting it immediately goes to normal 60. Exactly as if game/server cant handle all the calculations.

I dont ever experience something like this in other online games

2 Likes

Respectfully: the community at large does not have the full facts of your rig, internet service provider, connection stability, etc.

-So you rail against the game and how it is the game’s fault while a lot of us don’t have these issues whatsoever.

-What, exactly, do you expect us to do with this?

2 Likes

exactly. i play on both pc and ps5. have not been experiencing any issues with lag or rubberbanding. u.s. east btw

1 Like

Make your all your drivers are updated and you have a good ISP.

Here are the minimum requirements

1 Like

Aside from the Blizz apologists (like Apple geniuses, “well you must have done something wrong, our products are sheer perfection)”, maybe there are other explanations. Maybe Blizz staff is on vacation, so noone there to clean out the servers and the dust buildup causing throttling on their end, which due to the increased load due to people on vacation from college/work.

If this was the case everyone would be experiencing the sane thing. Im not, games been running smooth.

I get smooth gameplay too, but sometimes there is some of the aforementioned issues popping up. You NEVER have these issues? EVER? (perhaps merely posting on this forum doesn’t put much of a load on anything)

I had an issue when AoZ came out. Didnt know an update for my video card game out around the same time. The performance issues were unbearable. It felt like extreme lag/rubberbanding.

When I figured it out and updated my drivers it was smooth again.

The point of my story is it was on my end and not the blizzard servers.

That is not how this works at all. Certain servers, routers, switches, hell even SSDs on the server side could effect some people and not others. Latency doesn’t happen evenly, and the system is likely setup to sacrifice certain players instead of crashing the whole thing. ie it runs instances and instead of all of them having trouble only some do…the game doesn’t run on one server rather thousands.

Patches can fix some things but then the whack-a-mole bugs return in other areas. So w/ all these hotfixes and various other patches (for me, Windows and nvidia drivers), the interaction can result in less than desirable results, and these are often intermittent.

Working as intended. This is one of Activision’s player retention strategies for you to waste your time with

1 Like

I rubber band and stall going between zones on the horse, but not in dungeons that I’ve noticed

100mbit internet (no it’s not great, but this is Aus and gigabit options are(were) $$ when I signed up

SSD, 4070ti and a …. I don’t even remember. 13th gen intel something. The whole thing was only put together this year and I mainly use it for 3d modelling work related things, so not much clutter

I have the exact same issue. What I hate is how some players in this thread are linking minimum requirements and stuff, so they can try to blame the player. I’m currently using an AMD 5950x, 64gb ram and a Radeon 7900 xtx. Its highly unlikely that its my computer that is the issue nor is it my internet connection since I’m usually at a steady 60-70ms ping.

For whatever reason NM dungeons and Aoz result in rubberbanding.

2 Likes

PC is not a problem. I can, and I assume of other players - run latest triple AAA games on high / ultra settings at stable 60 FPS. Internet is not the problem since it is stable 1 gigabit. D4 is not that demanding game on the resources compared to the latest AAA games or at least it should not. Drives are not the issue, since most of us installed latest drivers when the game came out. If we have to recheck drivers each time when “new performance patch” is released don’t you think this looks kind of strange? And if we had to, I think it was mentioned in the patch notes :slight_smile: . Blizzard them self’s explained that some parts of game are not well designed e.g. players stashes. They can’t even easily add new stash space. So either they can’t scale probably due to infrastructure or there is “spaghetti” code or game engine reaches some kind of threshold. Without source code no one can tell, so I always try to give the benefit of the doubt on these cases. Like some people mentioned before in open world its more or less “acceptable” if not a lot of players are around. However when we go into NMD or AoZ ant it takes some time to kill a group of mobs its starts to “rubber band”. You can even see on high tear AoZ most of players gets lags or rubber banding. Its not a exception its a rule.

Since I consider blizzard to be a online AAA game studio - or at least they used to, this behavior for this kind of money is simply unacceptable. To keep it quiet and provide generic “performance fix” description, but this “performance fix” is not noticeable at all and no major issues are being fixed is not the best look in my opinion.

At this moment is feels like D4 is rushed, without any proper PTR. Company is trying to add “more endgame content”, but its not properly tested, released for players with huge bugs e.g. snap shooting, random one shots, allowing to item / paragon / vampiric power swap, and is being fixed in the hot fixes on the fly. e.g. sigil costs - no UI changes at this moment so it still buggy, stupid affixes.

2 Likes

I remember at the start of S2 there was a problem with the latest Nvidia drivers that was causing performance issues with D4.

Changing to the august drivers solved the issue for alot of players.

Not sure how applicable it is to your situation but it is worth a try i guess.

I would not waste my time explaining to those smooth brains how servers work. It is clearly far beyond what they can comprehend.
They just have the good old neanderthal mentality : “well i’m fine so it must be your fault”

3 Likes

i too thought ~50 ms was okay because i played a lot of blizzard games but then i got 4 to 7 ms on poe
(canada east).

looks to me like they need more servers in more places instead of clusters far away from people. bet the US infrastructure isn’t helping.

I am also having constant rubber banding, dosnt matter what pc i play on in my house (5800x3d,3080ti,64g ram wireless and have tried wired, pc2 5600x 6800xt 32g wireless and wired, pc 3 5500 32g 7700xt, laptop 5800h rtx2070). dosnt matter if i am on my internet, my neighbors my brother inlaws in a different city on anyone of those pcs or his (1800x 1080ti 32g) i have tried opening ports etc nothing has helped. fresh install on my main pc and the others with just D4 and still rubber banding. My brother inlaw logs in and its just fine…(iv played with graphics settings and that didnt help my account)

Ping and Packet Loss are separate issues. Also, AMD sucks. No matter what the stats are, I never trust that crap. Only Processors and Cards I have ever experienced major issues with optimization with.

1 Like