Fix Diablo 4, you're a dev now

Itemization

• Allow players to add an additional stat to unique items, this stat is re-rollable
  • Triple the amount of unique items, prioritizing uniques in the general pool rather than the class specific pools
  • Up the drop rate of uber uniques so they’re about 10% as likely to drop as other uniques, but make it so you have to be level 90 for them to drop, that chance raises a bit as you get closer to 100 (maxed at 100), and give a boost to the drop rate in NM 100 dungeons or Uber Lilith
  • Build defining uniques (like those of the druid) no longer exist, but their unique abilities are now legendary glyphs on the paragon board
  • Build defining legendary aspects no longer exist and are placed on the paragon board as legendary glyphs
  • Quadruple the amount of legendary aspects, but they’re much more broad/general, so they contribute to build diversity rather than detracting from it by pigeonholing everyone into certain builds
  • Reduce the amount of gold required to reroll item stats by 50%

Skills

• Buff all underperforming skills on each skill tree, half of them get single target damage enhancements, the other half get AOE damage enhancements
  • Abolish all prereqs in every skill tree
  • Take all skills with cooldowns and reduce their effects, damage, and cooldowns by 66.6% (this means all skills with cooldowns only have 33.3% of their current cooldowns, but their damage and effects are reduced by the same amount, so the DPS is the same, but you no longer have long cooldowns. For skills with utility and/or mobility, their effects are reduced by the same amount, for example, teleport’s distance is reduced by 66.6%). This creates a more active playstyle and reduces dependency on CDR from items
  • Reduce the hard cap of 5 for skills, but give exponentially diminishing returns on hard skill points beyond 5
  • Double the volume of active skills, prioritizing underrepresented skill types. For example, agility and grenade skills for the rogue

End-Game
NOTE: The end game loop is effectively much better already because the item hunt actually exists at this point, but I’d propose further changes:

• Helltides now spawn random boss encounters from any point in the game, yielding a large, noticeable boost to item drop rate and exp. Even Uber Lilith is capable of spawning here. Imagine the difficulty of this encounter, coupled with the boost to item drops (since she can now drop uber uniques). This would be quite rare, but also amazing and exciting. Everyone in the immediate area would flock there, and with the difficult nature of the encounter, you’d have people in the chat (yes, that exists now) asking for help. This would be a huge deal

• Whispering chests only reward legendaries. Once you’re level 70, they only reward ancestral legendaries. The likelihood of getting specific legendary aspects scales inversely with their power

• Dungeons completed for whispering chests default to NM dungeons and you pick the tier before entering the dungeon

• Uber Lilith now drops a unique item that is only capable of being ancestral

PVP specific end-game

• The Fields of Hatred is now an instanced area that matches players based on level brackets
  • The armor debuff one receives from fighting higher level opponents no longer applies to PVP
  • The damage reduction specific to PVP is increased from 92% to somewhere around 96% (requires testing)
  • Rewards purchased with Seeds of Hatred now include paragon experience. The rate should be about 10% slower than NM dungeons
  • Team based arena battles
  • Duels
  • 2v2
  • Official leaderboards

Quality of Life

• Global chat for each shard
  • Shared chat for each zone (shard specific, of course)
  • LFG chat
  • Trading chat
  • PVP chat
  • Fix the stupid horse
  • Stash tabs
  • Legendary aspect inventory tab
  • Gem stash tab

I might end up revising this and adding to it in the future, but this is what I have off the top of my head.

18 Likes
  1. Make is so good gear drops are more common than being eaten by a megalodon.
  2. Make the aspect dungeons drops are random rolls instead of the lowest stats it can be. This way at least you have a good chance to get a decent aspect roll from the dungeon the first time.
  3. Lower the cost of respec.
  4. Fix all the QoL problems - make the town merchants closer together, make our stash closer to the waypoints. Put a stash and blacksmith/jeweler in every town.
  5. Increase mob density in WT1-3.
  6. Fix the resist system
  7. Either zoom out or make monster offscreen NOT SHOOT AND KILL YOU WHEN YOU CAN’T EVEN SEE THEM. It’s like Blizzard originally had a visual distance in mind at the beginning of development then changed it but didn’t change the fact that the monsters off-screen still targets you etc. Either that or it’s optimized for widescreen displays that not everyone has.
  8. Make Nightmare dungeons have more Varity. I’m done collecting animus (sp?), saving prisoners or collecting the stupid musical box (or whatever) just to open a door.
  9. Better item compare and have a keyword filter in your stash to look for gear that you have been saving for quick reference. Also need more stash space of course.
  10. MAKE IT SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO RUN OVER EVERY PILE OF GOLD or MAKE THE PICKUP RADIUS LARGER. I’ve probably lost millions of gold that I’d have to backtrack to pickup instead of advancing forward.
    I can list a bunch more but those are just a few right off the top of my head.
4 Likes

So far the bright ideas are make the game easier.

Lfg system, fix horses, fix helltides back for target farming, revert the open world nerfs that made no sense in the first place, buff NM dungeons back up, revert cdr, add 5 new pinnacle bosses, helltidesl bosses summoned using cinders for a shot at better loot, would say stash tabs and itemization but they would have to do some major fixes from those mess ups and I can probably add a lot more but I’ll stop here

1 Like
  1. Build diversity
  2. more capstone and Echo bosses (at least 1 per 5 levels from 75-100 to start with)
  3. more unique items
  4. increase drop rate of uber uniques
  5. add loot tables to Echo bosses
  6. add Runewords to provide a lower RNG pathway to end game items
  7. allow trading of all items but also add a SSF mode.
  8. more storage space
  9. add social features and a group find
  10. make the spell rank intensity and upgrade of skill animations actually work
  11. allow barb and rogue to hide weapons
  12. consider reducing the number of conditional damage affixes and add other affixes in their place
  13. Expand on class skill trees so they provide actual choices and further push build diversity
  14. BALANCE your game!!
  15. WT4+ lower the drop rate but only drop Ancestral items

Bug fixes and stability issues are a given.

That is enough for now.

4 Likes

Would you spend any resources on preventing botting?

A few humans monitoring for bots would be nice for the most egregious offenders. Best bet would be to add a solo self found mode in addition and not let bots get in the way of trading IMO.

Most people just want to trade with their group and friends and couldn’t care less about people botting I feel.

1 Like

Hire mrllamasc to be a lead developer. He will rebuild the itemization off of the roots of D2. The D3fanboys won’t like it though.

4 Likes

Increase my pay substantially. For no other reason other than to be paid more. I would also spin in an office chair for a bit.

3 Likes

Magic fix as Blizz dev.

1. Apologize for what’s done to sorcs and barbs.
  2. Offer refund to anyone who wants to.
  3. ???
  4. Profit.

All I got from this was, you’re bad an need to get good.

Bots in a Buy2Play game are considerably more easy to deal with than F2P.

In essence, all you have to do it hit them consistently on release. If botters cannot make enough profit to justify buying another copy of the game then they will go elsewhere.

The sad situation is that if the company lets bots through and only does bans in waves allowing them to get enough money then both the company and botters get a win/win. Arenanet did this on GW2 release and likely doubled their sales. It’s why they’re one of my blacklisted companies.

1 Like

Bump, because I think this could be a great thread. Let’s actually toss some ideas in here and keep the thread going to devs can potentially see what the community wants, rather than just reading endless complaints about how the game sucks.

It really sucks, but the fact of the matter is that constructive threads don’t usually get a ton of traction, so let’s all keep contributing here and actively liking each other’s posts we agree with.

3 Likes

I don’t have this broad of a view honestly.

All i want is, Less CC from mobs, Less “On death” explosions, More mobs in the dungeons.

Less “Oh you missed this one path earlier in the dungeon and now you have to run all the way back to the start to enable the objective in order to open the last door”

Make it so when you salvage a unique you get a currency, If i salvage enough useless stuff i can just buy Ring of medeln from a vendor.

“Fix” minions and make them competable with bone spear damage, One suggestion i have for this is make “raise dead” buff stackable but not refreshable, So just infinite stack but the duration can’t be extended, this will give them a lot of dmg.

Make it so mount boost on controller is as fast as boost on keyboard.

Would be nice if you could keep getting some kind of progression after level 100… like paragon points.

Remove dull stats from gear.

Shields are pretty pointless atm… Fix them… somehow ?

2 Likes

U r damn right. Sorc is trash next to all other classes, except Barb (sad to say). Also the stuff Blizz fantasize about - build variety. No way in hell can a casual like me have build variety. The amount of time and effort needed to switch build would be longer than a season.

Seeing as how vehemently u r defending Blizz, u could be a staffer. So please feedback to ur supervisor or whoever could make change happen.

2 Likes

Rework the entire item system.

Add sets.

Add runes and runewords.

Add unique gems

Get rid of aspects, it’s hot trash just like d3.

Rares should not be the most valuable items in the game. They should be mid tier items to help you level

Get rid of soulbound items all together to open up trade.

Add game lobby’s so we can group with people trying to do the same thing (trade games, leveling games, quest games)

4x the amount of uniques.

Stop trying to be a WoW/d3 love child. I thought it was cool at first but it’s seriously horrible. I didn’t buy d4 to play a mmo

Edit : stop trying to “balance” classes. No one cares that a certain class may be a little or a lot stronger than another class. When I realized barbs and Druid’s were broken it didn’t make me want to roll one. Or getting one shotted by barbs in pvp areas, I kept playing my rogue because that’s what’s fun to me.

In d2 there was always a top dog pvp class/bukld but it didn’t mean everyone was rolling one of them.

2 Likes

As much as I agree with the rest of your post, another XP related farm will just shift the problem. Overall, more content to do while leveling, more pinnacle bosses to take down, maybe more mechanically harder (not just powercreep needed) would be better imo. Hopefully more variety will make XP grind for the sake of hitting 100 and killing uber lilith less than a chore.

General Improvements:

1. Other dungeon events besides Last Stand spawn more frequently in Dungeons and Nightmare Dungeons. The Last Stand dungeon even will now show up more rarely.

General Bug Fixes:

1. Mount pathing is improved and you no longer get stuck on small bushes and fences. Instead you path around them.
  2. Resistances are fixed and work properly.

Gameplay Improvements:

1. The amount of Barricades that hinder your Mount have been reduced by 60% in each Open World zone.

UI Improvements:

1. Add Map Marker improvements to give you the most efficient path to your destination.
  2. Add “Bloody Footsteps” to augment the Map Marker. Footsteps appear on the terrain as you travel.
  3. Add WASD as a movement option in the settings.
  4. Add a quest codex to see what quests in a zone you completed and what quests still need to be completed. Quest source is noted. If quests come from a drop, Drop is indicated as its source and the general location of where it drops from (specific dungeon or area of the map).

General Class Improvements:

1. All class builds are balanced to be able to eventually do a Nightmare Dungeon Tier 60 with appropriate gearing.

New Classes:
Paladin: a Blend of D2 Paladin, D3 Crusader, and Diablo Immortal Crusader
Blood Knight: from Diablo Immortal with more fleshed out class kit for D4
Monk: from D3
Inquisitor: a mix of ranged crossbows, mid-ranged whips, and holy spells. has a shadow specialization that applies debuffs of despair. can call on aid from 4 Paladin Knights for a short time. Ultimate is Judgement that calls down a holy beam that deals damage and consecrates the ground.

New Gameplay Features:

1. Add 5 Uber Boss fights that scale from 55-100 that drop a Unique, Title, Mount, Mount Armor, and Mount Trophy.
  2. Completing all 5 Uber Boss fights awards an exclusive Armor and Weapon Transmog along with a title.
  3. Add in an Unending Dungeon. Every 3 floors, you get rewards similar to completing a Nightmare Dungeon (glyph upgrading and gear). Unlocks when Nightmare Dungeons unlock. Each floor has a random set of affixes applied while on that floor. Every 10 levels, you encounter a difficult unique boss that drops a Legendary with an affix themed around the boss abilities and its head as a mount trophy.
  4. Add Crafting into the game. Can only craft Magic and Rare items.
  5. Add in a Questline that leads you to a Tower inhabited by vampires and a Vampire Lord as its final boss. Vampire Lord has a chance to drop a unique armor transmog themed around the Vampire Lord. The D2 Countess tower was cool but we killed her in D2 and Diablo Immortal. Let us kill a family member of hers or something.
  6. Add the Fishing minigame from Diablo Immortal into the game so there is a change of pace from killing monsters all the time. You can cook the fish to make food buffs.
  7. Add in a Gladiator Colosseum into the game where you are pitted against difficult boss fights ranging from captured creatures to named enemies. Last boss fight is either an Angel or Demon that interrupts your final victory cheer to fight you for a final bonus fight. Killing it gives an Angelic or Demonic armor set respectively and has a chance to drop a mount trophy. I was thinking of the Trial of the Crusader raid in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion while thinking of this as well as the Martial Arts Tournament from Lost Ark.
4 Likes

Fire everyone. Make zero new content. Hire a new team just to post on the forums how great everything is going. Ban anyone who says otherwise.

Game will be 10/10 in a week.

2 Likes
  1. Removing aspects from the gear and placing them either in skill tree or in paragon boards, or maybe creating smthing like Kanai cube but for aspects. This will help with itemization, open an opportunites to add sets and runewords. And even todays uniques stop competing with aspects and will get it’s own place.

2. Adding 2 leagues. No trade league and with trade. League with trade should get AH, not RMAH but AH with gold. Also smart loot should be disabled for league with trade.

These 2 changes give a huge time for redoing rotting core mechanics from D3.

4 Likes