Female Necromancers and Female Druids: Obesity vs Anorexia

I would never even imagine in my wildest dreams that I would be posting about this, but enough is enough already Blizzard. As someone who struggled with obesity for a very long time and ended up with diabetes before I got my act together, and also had an anorexic friend who had health issues, this is just insane. I get that people come in all shapes and sizes, so why don’t you have different body shapes sliders then? Emphasize the beauty in all body types and promote inclusivity by implementing the sliders.

In Diablo 2, I played a summoner druid. The druid did not look hideous, or like he just ate at the all-you-can-eat buffet either. He looked like he probably ate a good balanced diet in all honesty, and looked like he came from “the woods”. I’m not sure what happened especially to the female druid now in D4. I was really looking forward to playing her as being a biological female (can’t believe I even have to say that), but all I see is a miserable fat girl, someone I used to be. I come to play video games to relax and really kind of “become one” with my character; working on her gear, stats, builds, BIS items, reading the plethora of blogs and guides already for builds and experimenting on them on my own as well. When my character is fully built, is when I start farming pets/transmogs or any other special items that are available. My point is, I do not want to look at a fat, obese and unhealthy character when I am playing.

Same with the necromancer. I feel like the females look like men. The D3 female Necromancer was a kind of gothic/beautiful, but with a tiny bit of eerie built in as well. The D4 necromancers have no breasts at all. It’s almost like I’m essentially playing a man in a woman’s body in all honesty. The voice actress is nice and that’s all I will give in this regard. I like my breasts, I want my character to have some as well. They don’t have to be anime babe Size K or something like that.

Please stop promoting obesity and Anorexia please.

Obesity is a major public health problem in America. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 42% of American adults are considered obese. Obesity is defined as having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher.

Obesity is associated with a number of health problems, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, certain types of cancer, and other chronic conditions. It is also a leading cause of preventable death in the United States.

According to the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA), an estimated 1% of American women will develop anorexia in their lifetime. However, this may be an underestimate, as many people with anorexia may not seek treatment or be formally diagnosed.

Anorexia can have serious physical and psychological consequences, including malnutrition, organ damage, osteoporosis, depression, and anxiety. In severe cases, anorexia can be life-threatening.

I don’t care if I’m burned at the stake for this article. But this is just not normal, I’m sorry Blizzard, but it’s honestly shameful and disgraceful.

114 Likes

I like the look of the fem necro.

42 Likes

Are you a biological male? Can you elaborate in detail why you like it? Maybe you like a more feminine looking male character?

2 Likes

Some people are chubby chasers. Some people are twig ticklers.

It happens.

7 Likes

I highly doubt this. Anyone who puts the energy into creating a wall of text post about video game characters being obese or anorexic is the same person to lecture a fast food worker because their fries were cold. I bet you say things like “I’ve never had to yell at someone like this before” or “I am such a nice person I never do this”.

43 Likes

Necromancers have always been portrayed as gaunt, sallow, and basically skin and bones. It’s not something new. Definitely not my preference if I were looking for a partner, but very fitting thematically. She’s not unattractive and while definitely skinny, is not anorexic. Don’t think the druid would be counted as obese either. Overweight yes, but not obese.

16 Likes

What a weird bait thread.

33 Likes

I actually find fast food workers to be very hard working and I actually like hiring people with this kind of background. Dealing with angry customers, long hours in sometimes very poor conditions with no AC, standing long hours. I very highly respect them. I can see where you are coming from though. I just really have my own opinion and so do you.

4 Likes

This character creator is garbage.
Its impossible to make a conventionally attractive female on any class.
The facial hair options for men are 2 beards and a bunch of variants of i forgot to shave today.
Most of the hair options make you look like an unwashed hobo, or are that modern side shave garbage.

They should have just reused D3 character models.

25 Likes

I laughed at that beard option on the druid. The “I’m letting it fill out” beard that will never fill out and will just look awful forever.

Did you try to google Necromancer? Soon you want a Kardasian Necro. I am not bothered that Necro female is skinny with small breasts. It must be a man issue that they need a character with big boobs.

9 Likes

Here’s how you can solve your problem. Rather than deliberately associating the looks of in-game characters with real world people, simply don’t. Treat the druid character shape as “shape1” and the necro character shape as “shape2”. Each character happens to be of that particular shape. There’s nothing to discuss and no associations to be made. If you’re interested in customizing your character’s looks - look at what customization options are available to you, pick the settings you like best, and move on.

5 Likes

Please read the above and then reply to me.

I got bad news for you if you think what you wrote is “an article”

11 Likes

Maybe the devs wanted to make the hair options realistic to whatever century D4 takes place in and how much grooming there was at the time? I’d think this explains the hobo looks. I agree about the modern side shave - doesn’t fit with the game.

1 Like

It actually is normal, for a lot of people. Just because YOU don’t like looking at people who aren’t deemed “perfect” does not mean they’re unhealthy. You can be bigger AND healthy.

4 Likes

Personally I think she shoulda had a Gothic Mage look.
The Female Mage & Rogue appearances look better as a Female Necromancer with the right tattoos and makeup

Like you said she ain’t ugly, but both male and female Necros look like century starved vampires

Maybe if people gripe about it enough she might get a buff instead of budget cuts

1 Like

Flabby arms, double/triple chin. Yes very healthy you are right.

7 Likes

Imagine being triggered by a videogame… call me a boomer but no wonder kids these days are on a dozen different medications

11 Likes

The Druid isn’t obese, he has the body of a powerlifter. I bet you’re a skinny manlet who’d die if the wind blew in your general direction.

8 Likes