Feedback On The Combine Movement Option And Lack Of Basic Melee Attack

I’d like to start off by saying I’m having so much fun with Diablo 4. I’ve only recently picked up the series with Diablo 2 which I’ve been playing for about 3 weeks now and have been loving it. So going straight from that to playing this after hearing what happened with 3 I’m glad they’re decided to go back to what made D2 so fun.

With that said I have a couple issues and solutions I really hope that the team could consider implementing.

The first thing is the fact that you can only use a basic attack with your melee weapon in the beginning of the game. This forces you to use your Mana/Essence/Etc to break lootable objects and to kill individual mobs if you don’t have any of the basic attacks in your hotbar. I have a feeling it’s not an option because at this point it would take up one skill slot in the already very limited skill slot count. However, I think the perfect solution for this would be to add its own keybind for regular attacking.

To expand on adding an additional keybind for attacking I think there needs to be more options for combining what normally the Left Mouse Button does. As it stands if you want to have a seperate keybind for the Basic Skill Slot it makes a few things in the game a bit annoying like picking up loot and talking with NPCs. My idea is to replace the check box for the “Combine Move/Interact/Basic Skill Slot” with a drop down with the following options:

• Combine Move/Interact/Basic Skill Slot: This would act as the exact same way as it does now and allow you to set a specific keybind for the Basic Melee Attack.
  • Combine Move/Interact/Attack: This would have the LMB now attack the target you click on, while also being able to interact with objects, and allow you to set a specific keybind for the Basic Skill Slot.
  • Combine Move/Interact: One of the annoying things about turning off the Combine option now is you have to use an interact key if you want a seperate keybind for the Basic Skill Slot. This will allow you to set a keybind of the Basic Skill Slot and the Basic Melee Attack while still keeping the LMB as interact as well as movement.
  • Combine Nothing: This will act exactly as if you have the original setting off while also allowing you to set the keybind for the Basic Melee Attack.
2 Likes

Totally agree that this needs a major change.

Druid is the worst, you turn into a wolf (or whatever the baisc skill you choose) just to break an objest, it just looks and feels awkward/stupid