Feedback from OPEN BETA and early access

Open World
*Just add feature so people cant see others or interact with them. i have no issues with the feature. It makes the world feel alive but to many are not gonna play if its like that at launch yes i want it to be a desolate world but it can also feel alive.

• Open world events should have a timer or bar so you know if you can make it to it in time. most last a minute so running to it for it to be over can be a huge waste of time.

• Running through a region and finding no enemies because someone else you ‘share the world’ with is like two steps ahead of you and respawns haven’t kicked in yet was terrible. Maybe add a way for people not in a party to have there own set of monsters?

• Entering and exiting town frequently resulted in rubberbanding/being unable to actually leave town and enemies often jerked around the environment.

*Having to search for enemies because other people have cleared them for you is bad enough in an mmo, but it may end up being game breaking for a diablo-style loot action rpg.

*Fighting world boss was fun when there wasn’t under leveled players. Please lock it to like 24 to 25 minimum and scale for each boss. A level 10 doing as much damage as my skeleton makes it impossible to kill the world boss of the same level.

*Teleporting back to get to the boss fight after repairing is fine but maybe you should be locked to your first area until its completed? Also maybe make a few extra empty instances so people teleporting out and back in don’t get locked out for the whole time and cant even fight the boss. I hope the boss spawns enough to get it through out the week.

• The game’s atmosphere is perfect so far. As long as no other players are around, it feels bleak and dark and threatening. Particularly in the dungeons. They felt superbly themed. But lack a flow when doing them.

• Some of the special abilities felt a little underwhelming visually. While skills like Caltrop and Lightning Spear felt great, some of the spells I expected to have a big impact like Chain Lightning, Blizzard, Meteor, and Poison Trap kind of felt pretty bland visually speaking.

• Story is great so far need to fix transition from open world to cutscenes.

*I didn’t like the long trek up north east without a decent spot to teleport to after getting there. Either you had to do the entire story or do another 20 minute trek north east.

• Some npc dialogue seems to be unskippable. This is bad. No dialogue should ever be unskippable. I shouldn’t get locked into a 2 minute conversation because I tried to update my potion. Also i will watch it the first time but the second time I’m trying to speed run speed up the convos.

*Lilith’s shrines shouldn’t have to be done each season people will stop playing if they have to or will do the long grind just looking at a map. each character is already a bit much i would be fine with it being ONCE per account this will get tedious and unwanted very fast.

• A ‘Disable all cutscenes’ menu option would be really appreciated for subsequent playthroughs.

• Additionally, please don’t make us emote for quests in this type of action rpg. Asking a Necromancer or a Rogue to ‘cheer up the troops’ felt so out of place. It’s not an engaging quest mechanic and it just feels wrong in this style of game. i was fine with waiting at the pond or sorry at the health shrines.

• The combat felt pretty satisfying and the difficulty curve for the opening areas was pretty well handled.

• Controls were responsive except lag.

• The UIs felt a little bit… underwhelming, especially considering we’re only seeing the basic ones. Additionally, some of the menus - particularly the talent trees - felt a bit inefficient. Need more skills and options. some of the nodes are bad and will never be used without more things to expand that “build”.

• I have some concerns about travel time. Particularly in two areas - first is travel time spent within the cities. The town layouts seem pretty awkward for the purpose of minimizing amount of time wasted wandering around a town instead of killing enemies with the gambler being far away from the extraction npc and the blacksmith and stash being far away from each other, etc.

• Dungeon layouts need some work - particularly with the goal of reducing backtracking and time spent not engaging in combat.

• Cellars suck. They need far more variety than they have now, they shouldn’t be just a long delay before killing a single pack of monsters in a generic room that looks like every other generic room. Even in D3 cellars were better - some had little quests, some had vendors, some had rare packs, some had cursed chests, etc.

• Shrines don’t last long enough.

• We should be able to see all aspect we can reroll on an item before we do it. spending 100k gold to find out you cant get int or all stats sucks. Also we should get 4 to 5 options and keeping the current one. With 2 stats it makes it impossible to get a good roll. Also i would test how much the rerolling costs to get the roll you want and how long it takes to get that gold at late game my guess is this is all messed up.

*loot that dropped WAY below my level was upsetting. I was level 25 getting gear that i would wear at level 16 and stuff that was like level 7 or 10 like why… getting gear i want at my level is already hard enough gear needs to scale better if im level 25 i shouldn’t see ANYTHING below like level 23 drop… Once you max level you shouldn’t see anything below max level drop. I Don’t know how everyone drop rate was but mine was abysmal i got maybe one legendary per like 2 or 3 dungeon runs and some people were getting a few per run.

*Loot filters so we can see put in keywords / levels/ and stats. EX: Blight, Skeleton, Blood nova, lvl 28 to lvl 30, int, dex, +to all stats, +1 to blight, +1 shadow skills , rare and legendary only. then something at end like must have one, two or all of these. you kind of already had this system for skills would be nice to have it for item filtering so you can quickly sell these and then check the gear you want.

*I hope the end game was tested alot currently it worries me a bit.

*Respec costs suck. Let us play around with our skills. Please remove that before launch. We shouldn’t be penalized for wanting to try something or for getting an item that revolutionizes our build.

• add WASD movement so people who want it can use it.

currently 6.5/ 7 out of 10. with changes probably 8/9 out of 10 if done well and right.