The Character Sheet should display the things that matter most to the player in the most accessible way possible. Do not hide important information from the player. Order of importance is: Survivability, Damage, Aesthetics.

The Character Sheet could be improved in a few of ways:

1. Do not put Materials & Stats on the same pop out frame. Instead, put a tab down with Equipment/Consumables/Quest/Aspects called “Materials” and list the materials there where it is more logical. If the Materials cannot be put in a tab, then default the Stats to show. I almost never want to see my Materials, but I almost always want to see my Stats.
  2. Under the Stats frame:
    (a) Remove the Currency header because it is redundant (it is listed at the bottom of the Character Sheet).
    (b) Remove the Core Stats because it is redundant (it is listed under the Profile).
    (c) Show where the sources of equipment buffs are coming from when hovering over individual line items in one color (like blue for example) and spell/consumable/temporary buffs in a different color (like green for example). Additionally, highlight the piece of equipment on the Character Sheet so we can easily see the source of the buff.
  3. Under the Attack Power, Armor, Life section (below the Materials & Stats button):
    (a) Add a listing for each type of Resistance (Fire, Cold, Poison, Lightning, Shadow). Show the source of any buffs as mentioned above.
    (b) When hovering over Armor, include a listing for Dodge chance in the popup window.
    (c) When hovering over Attack Power, include a listing for all the sources of Crit, Overpower, Attack Speed, etc.
    (d) When hovering over Life, add a listing for Life Steal and Life on Kill.
  4. Create an “Ideal Character” tab where the player can create a target for their equipment. For example, if I want to have 50% all resistances, show me which equipment sources are contributing to my goal and provide recommendations based upon equipment slots that could be improved (if my gloves don’t have any Cold resistance, show me that) and which buffs I have access to might help me.
1 Like