Expanded trading will lead to P2W

Nope Micro looks like i stored them on a follower and deleted them. All i got left Xephrian/Sun Keeper and Grand Vizer from Vanilla d3. My Friend collects them he has alot from Vanilla ill check with him.The Puzzle worked for a while and proced quite a bit,but you needed to take damage,stand in fire for a while or something to that effect later on it didnā€™t work at all. I rememer when d3 had trials, it always proc a Treasure goblin

No. Just no. Terrible suggestion. Probably the worst Iā€™ve seen yet on the forums.

They can stop it, they choose to embrace it instead. Thatā€™s the real issue. Cant do anything about it? Oh, they absolutely could lock everything down and make trading non-existent. But theyā€™re profiting off it, so why would they? All you people saying ā€œit canā€™t be fixedā€ and ā€œthereā€™s no use fighting itā€ are a bunch of idiots.

This would suck and not be enjoyable for anybody lmao. I mean if you want that, there are plenty of single player games you can go play where you donā€™t need to interact with anyone.

Say this was the case though, people can just buy and sell accounts at that point. And yes this is a thing that happens.

2 Likes

Thanks Shogun,

I sent a friend request.

Thanks for looking. Blizzard killed the old fire trick to have that ring proc. I do not know if it still the case, but one could put that ring on a follower and it would proc a goblin in a greater rift.

I made a post supporting AH even though I dont. Confusing huh?!

The Case in Favor of a S4 Auction House :house: - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Everyone has a different definition of P2W. Some people think the concept is paying money for an edge over other players. Some people think itā€™s simply paying to clear higher level content with ease. Some people think itā€™s paying money to get better gear.

Ultimately, your perception of what P2W is will vary depending on what you personally view as ā€œwinningā€ in a video game.

That being said, none of this even matters, because what OP is referring to is not even in the realm of P2W. P2W concepts are generally associated with systems the developer personally implements into the game. Case in point: The WoW token in WoW. Many people will deny this being a P2W system, but it is. It simply is, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

When someone accuses something of being P2W, they are specifically referring to the systems that exist within the confines and parameters established by the developer, not third-party sites the developer has absolutely no control over.

RMT on a very technical level is P2W, but itā€™s not P2W in how we discuss the concept. To suggest otherwise is wholly dishonest.

p2w what? leaderboards?

What a joke.

I thought D4 is dead.

dead game got P2W???

Why? Trading without P2W and without RMT is that bad?
Honestly I donā€™t like trading either, butā€¦ THAT bad?

I donā€™t know whatā€™s on your mind, but there are ways to do it right. I really like how Old Runescape does it. You enter the object and your price and the system searches for the buyer or seller for you.

It will have unofficial RMT if the changes planned for season 4 continue.

PVP maybe? You know, those red areas on the map.

In six months we will be back to no tradingā€¦

Blizzard will be able to say ā€œwell at least we triedā€.

Expanded trading will lead to P2W

this is exactly what I thought watching the stream. the RMT will be nuts.
Thankfully, Hack N Slash ARPGs have one of the worst seasonal models and gear really doesnt matter after a couple months.

if we take the ā€œbadā€ definition of casual which is ā€œnoobā€.
then iā€™d say the players doing trade and especially : RMT are the casual because they canā€™t farm their own equipement because they arenā€™t able to or , in hardcore, donā€™t have the skill to.

RMT user arenā€™t even actual players in my opinion
an aarpg is all about hunting your own loot.
if you canā€™t even do this, then itā€™s the wrong genre for them

How delightful ā€“ a recurring comedy where you willingly hit the reset button to become a PTR season tester and engage in some thrilling wallpaper battles?
Then, sit back and eagerly await the exhilarating moment of duplicationā€¦ Not like it matters to me, right?

Just another mindless monster-slaying game revolving around wallpapers? Since the days of Diablo III, it seems weā€™ve blissfully ignored the whole point and joy of looting and the charming loot system.

Under these established conditions, what items (wallpapers) are worth wasting time trading for? Donā€™t you find it ridiculous?

Because people like to compare. Items, titles, and cosmetics used to mean something.

what people?
You realize the massā€™s have left this game for the game that actually has tradingā€¦ Right?
They canā€™t sell cosmetics if no oneā€™s playing the game.

Yea true no one plays D4

Iā€™ll just share my perspective on why I like trading.

First of all, I was a d2 megafan back when that game first launched, yes Iā€™m a boomer by gamer standards lol.

Anyway, back then I just loved the item progression treadmill and the authentic treasure hunter feeling of the game. Even back when I was a total noob and found my first Sigons shield with +1 skills, I was just blown away by how powerful it seemed to me and how hyped I was to use it on my low level necromancer at that time.

Fast forward many months later when Iā€™m not a noob anymore and it was still really enjoyable finding great items because they were frankly quite rare, but also quite impactful and useful it just felt like finding that lost treasure, then realizing just like real life treasure hunters, well youā€™re gonna find some golden chalice in some ancient dig site, but youā€™re not gonna USE it, rather itā€™s just a valuable, rare and awe inspiring item, that you either put on display or sell to the guy who has been dreaming of it for his whole life.

I love finding treasure that has value to people because of itā€™s rarity, treasure that reflects how much time I spent trying to find it, and treasure that I can then either add to my trophy case of ā€œI canā€™t believe I found thisā€ or sell to people that just really need it. I also love the idea of creating my own personal list of unobtainable dream treasures and once someone else uncovers it, being ready because I accrued so much wealth from my own treasure hunting that I can get it from them, and if I do Iā€™m lucky, and if Iā€™m on my game I might get a good deal while Iā€™m at it.

I just love accumulating WEALTH in the process of treasure hunting. I donā€™t at ALL care about just finding slight statistical upgrades to my character. What I care about is finding really cool rare items that I know are valuable, and turning them into a pile of wealth that I can watch grow like scrooge mcduck and cackle to myself in joy. Itā€™s just friggin fun man, itā€™s motivating, and it births FOREVER end game grindability for games like this where otherwise you just capped out your own gear and now who cares what else you find, because you canā€™t trade it.

This is why trading is the lifeblood of D2 and PoE, and why Iā€™m glad they are making more steps towards that direction in D4.

4 Likes

all games are p2w now

competitive raiders in WoW literally spend like a million dollars during world first races HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

You say Scrouge McDuck, I say Smaug. :grinning:

2 Likes