Disconnects. Tried everything i can think of

This could also be applied to desktop PCs… I find this interesting, as it means the traffic may have issues when handed off between IP4/IP6 nodes or something to that effect.

We need more to try this and see if it helps their own situation.

For PCs, you need to open the adapter properties and there are a couple ways to do this:

Windows 11/10:

• Go to Settings->Network and Internet.
  • Under here choose the type of connection you are using, WiFi, or Ethernet.
  • Once chosen, then go to Hardware Properties (for WiFi). If you click on Ethernet, it should take you to the same page. Look for DNS Server Assignment.
  • Click “Edit” change Automatic to Manual, turn on IP4, then enter 8.8.8.8 for Preferred DNS. Click Save.

Alternate method:

• Hit Windows key and R. Type in Control and run it.
  • Go to Network and Internet.
  • Go to Network and Sharing Center.
  • Click Change Adapter Settings.
  • Find the connection you are using. Double Click it.
  • Go to Properties at the bottom left.
  • Look for Internet Protocol Version 4. Double click that.
  • Where it says Obtain DNS automatically, change that to “Use the following DNS server address”.
  • Enter 8.8.8.8 into the location. You may add 8.8.4.4 to the second box if you wish.

A third option if you are techy enough, you can use your router to assign that IP4 DNS address via the DHCP, you just have to remember to re-acquire the IP address after making the change.

Cautions:

Some networks may need to have the local router as a DNS option for some situations. IN those cases, you may want to set the IP address of your router as your primary DNS, and the 8.8.8.8 as your secondary.

Questions, ask. I will be adding this to my main thread as well.

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 8-7-23

Good luck out there and let us know if this actually helps some of you.