Disconnects. Tried everything i can think of

The game worked fine for the first couple of weeks after release. Then i started to get disconnects on my PC. I have a fast internet connection. I upgraded my PC to an RTX 4070ti card. Game will play fine for hours and then at other times it will start disconnecting every few minutes. I am starting to track the time of day that it does this to see if there is a pattern there. My ISP says my connection is fine. I have rebooted my router and modem numerous times. I reboot my computer and it does not help when this is happening. In addition, i have an XBOX X and it is also doing this. So this is not my PC or the XBOX. It is some sort of connection issue or network issue. I am using a mesh 6 router EERRO plus. I have the recommended modem from my ISP. My internet runs at 500 mbps to 900 mbps. I have run this on wifi and ethernet wired. No difference. My other games do not do this. All my other applications seem fine.

9 Likes

who is your isp?

20char

Hey there,

Since the disconnections are affecting both your PC and Xbox on the same network this does sound like a router or ISP issue.

You might want to temporarily test an alternate connection to see if the disconnects stop happening. That would help narrow it down further.

Make sure the firmware is updated for your router. You could even try plugging the PC or Xbox directly into the modem to bypass the router to try and rule that out.

1 Like

Thousands of us having the same exact issue as you, and it is ONLY THIS GAME. I literally have never had ping problems EVER in any game except Diablo 4. I can play every single online game right now with 48-55 ping and second I open Diablo 4 ping is 100-800. Mostly over 150 ping the entire time in this trash heap. It’s just this game and there is no fix until Blizzard fixes it on their end.

13 Likes

same issues here… the disconnect msg start today… cant play … everytime i get disc after 3m or 5minutes… my internet works fine… seems an server issue. route issues… please improve the quality of ur d4 servers blizzard !

6 Likes

Same problem here. Worked fine until 2-3 days ago, now I can play for an hour or 2 minutes before “disconnected from server” followed by D4 closing, no attempt to reconnect. 50+ times per day, it doesn’t stop the random fun no matter what time I am trying to play. It makes NM dungeons impossible, which is the very thing I need to do to gear up.
Edit: I can be standing still in the middle of nowhere, or in a dungeon on a boss, there is no specific trigger for the disconnects.

7 Likes

Having precisely the same issue on Xbox series x. Tested every option suggested and still persists. I get 40 mins gameplay tops and running dungeons has become simply not worth it.

I experience this on no other game or app. This game payed fine for a few weeks and now this persists for the last few days. This is not my connection!!!

4 Likes

You might want to pass along this to whomever can look into it further:

From what I have been observing for the past month, after having multiple tests done here:

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 8-7-23

My observations are somewhat two fold. First off, the obvious. For some people, it seems the traffic generated playing Diablo IV is being either blocked or de-prioritized by some ISPs as it travels along their network. The user can do other tasks, play other Blizzard games, but for some reason only Diablo IV is affected.
This has been posted about, complained about, and generally shown to be a prevalent case across the globe, as it persists for multiple countries. There are hundreds of posts across LOTS of threads about this. Granted not all examples are going to be equal, but there are too many to ignore.

Second, the fact that there are a few setups where the game actually crashes home hardware. And continues to crash it, even when checked for firmware updates, replaced by the ISP, etc. And ONLY when Diablo IV is played on that hardware.

So while I can appreciate that Blizzard feels its not their problem, it still might be something they are doing with their traffic that is potentially causing some ISPs and some hardware to choke on it. Therefore, this needs SERIOUS attention and continued following up as to what Blizzard intends to do from their end to help mitigate the issue.

Us as players can only do so much. If we are held hostage to the type of equipment we have to use, or the ISP we have to use, why should we be punished for that? Especially in the cases where ONLY Diablo IV is affected?

You can see why that this would garner a lot of angry players. Please take this matter more seriously than your team has been showing us as a player base.

Thanks,

16 Likes

Very well said. You helped me out and confirmed my ISP was fine. I even called my ISP and asked them to monitor it. They also said it was perfect but i am constantly crashing with no errors but fenris log shows “clientdisconnect”

1 Like

UPDATE : . i subscribed to one of TOP 3 VPN´s… problem gone… but today i can play without the VPN … lol… so the problem come and then go… its instable.

anyway my solution was the VPN to avoid headaches ( till blizz fix the servers )

If VPN fixed the problem then the problem isn’t the servers.

So if Diablo IV and ONLY Diablo IV were having issues with an ISP, and the solution is going to be don’t use that ISP, why does that make it sound like its not in part a fault with how the game talks to the server.

I’m sorry, but they have to take some of the blame here. There are way too many instances of issues with various ISPs and local hardware to just say “use a VPN because your hardware or ISP is the problem” and accept that as the only fix.

There is more to this than that. Anyone seeing the pattern can realize this.

2 Likes

yes… i just shared my workaround since these lag and route issues drive me crazy… the correct solution are at server side. may take a long time to update saddly

Hi guys, same issue here. It’s definitely not my ISP or my network. I’m on an Xbox series X. Help help! I get dropped in the middle of stuff at least 3x per day

1 Like

This is YOUR issue. Everyone on every platform with verying isps are having issues but every other game works fine. Stop skirting around the problem and fix it.

Surely with so many people having the same issue beginning at the same time it must be their individual ISP’s and nothing on Blizzard’s end.

I started using a reputable VPN and it did not fix the issue.

I’m assuming you are having disconnect issues and from another post of yours you’re likely on spectrum right?

what modem are you using?

Me too, tried a gaming vpn and still got random disconnects and lag. Sometimes the lag was so bad that it was funny in a sad way

I saw your other posts, thanks for your attention on this subject.

It’s an ET2251, labeled as docsis 3.1.