Did they implement WASD for movement in time for launch?

a few options using autohotkey seems to work well ,

even better i f you have programmable mouse as well

I have reported the cheat software to hacks@blizzard.com hopefully they are looking for it now.

1 Like

Nope, that is a mobile gacha game.

1 Like

For now controller seems to be the way to go for the movement intensive classes that require frequent and precise movements like Barbarian/Rogue. With controller you can change the speed at which you move based on how far you push the joystick which gives it even more precision for fine movements.

I’ll still probably use KBM for Sorceress/Necromancer. Although WASD would be nice it’s realistically not going to be here(officially) for a while. There are tons of other things they’re gonna focus on first like ray-tracing support.

People who don’t use 360 degree mouse movement are crazy and stupid.

Didn’t you get the memo?

Always good for a laugh aren’t you? lol. You’re hilarious.

No, they did not implement WASD. They did how ever put it on the quality-of-life improvement list with no promises.

Perhaps there is a 3rd party software that allows you to map WASD into movements somehow… no idea how any of that works or if Blizzard would even allow such a thing. Ah well, see you in the game!

Also there is an accessibility option in the settings that prevents you from running circles around the mob like that. I forgot what they called it, but it’s there. I think I read about it in one of the blogs when they were discussing accessibility options.

Edit: I found the setting, it was called " Persist Target Lock" and “Enabling Persist Target Lock will ensure your Skills and weapons stay focused on an enemy instead of whiffing.”

3 Likes

Bind ‘force stand’, i use space, and shift for my dodge.
Then bind ‘force move’ i use a side button on my mouse, lots of people seems to like the scroll wheel though.

Done. Youre fine without wasd

1 Like

dont you guys have mouses? what the hell are these people that waste questions on devs about stuff like this… i want to control my avatar with my thoughts and eye movement but its just not gonna happen. if Q & A session had a " why isnt there a solo self found indicator/server" then id believe the marketing team is acting in good faith

1 Like

Can you explain what this means?

Yea but as i explained, left click movement tied to an ability is annoying. If you accidently click on an empty space instead of the mob you want to kill, your char will stupidly move to that location.

If you have an xbox controller that will work with your PC, I would suggest looking at MicroX’s predecessor AntiMicroX

It should allow you to remap your controller to keyboard presses. Maybe not the best solution but it should work well.

Yes, but rebinding a button on your mouse to “force move” is very, very, very different from using a third party program to spam clicks around you at 100 clicks/second in attempts to simulate WASD movement

From the games perspective, it doesn’t even know you’ve rebound anything in your case. All it sees is “Oh, I received X input, X input is bound to force move, let’s force move”

Whereas for the WASD program, it sees “Hmm, this player keeps clicking in these exact locations around his character, at 100 clicks per second, consistently for hours at a time. That doesn’t seem very human-like behavior”

1 Like

Do none of you baddies use a gaming keypad with a thumbstick?

If you did, you’d see why WASD is a must.

It’s coming anyway, OP, so don’t worry.

2 Likes

Unofficially: there are 2 options

1. as you know there are GitHub programs that you can try. But knowing Blizzard games and their security measures. In time, they will decide to ban players who uses it, so it is risky.
  2. You have to buy an extra hardware, there is a wasd + mouse (console controller) and I won’t promote them here, so you have to install DS4Windows for such “controller” to work. In-game it will be detected as controller. And just a few keybindings, it will get you going.

well, option 3 is waiting for bliz to say anything about WASD controls.

WASD is stupid for an isometric style game and literally has no place because you your camera stays fixed which means when your character moves down your A and D keys are backwards to the movement if your character.

You do realize you can rebind force move the W key and it literally will move your character the way your mouse pointer is facing?

3 Likes

How does this make it stupid? W up, D right, S down, A left. Super simple. It’s literally the same as a joystick but in button form

3 Likes

If you’re moving towards the bottom of the screen it super unintuitive to have to press A to to turn to the left when my character is facing to where technically the A should turn him to his right.

It is not a good movement system for isometric games. Blizzard already fixed it to where you can have interact and move with no combat skill on 1 keybind

2 Likes

There is a key to lock position of the char, I think it is called force attack (there is another key force movement). I regularly use it: keep it pressed while attacking if you want be sure your char doesn’t move.