Did Blizzard just put KFC themed cosmetics in Diablo 4? Monetisation of D4 is getting ridiculous

You dont have to sub to streamers or buy kfc op. They arent even appealing cosmetics.

youtube links = instant report for spam

You know Dusty, I just ignore it all.
I focus on making my Barbarian the best he can be…
Although more and more looks like I’m going to need more than one Barbarian - Ha!

2 Likes

The fact that KFC got involved has got me imagining a particular breed of human.

The room or basement is just dimly lit, the main source of light is from the computer’s screen, empty energy drink cans, fast food leftovers and used tissues all over the place, the keyboard and the mouse is thick with grease, the individual sitting on their screechy chair can barely fit on it, heavily sweating as they’re pounding away at the keys, heavy breathing ensues, their hair is stuck together, whatever clothes they’re wearing or lack thereof are covered in stains mostly from the food they’ve consumed, and the glasses they’re wearing is crooked, which they adjust with their big bulky finger every once in awhile wiping droplets of their sweat away at the same time.

I have managed to convinced myself that I do not want these cosmetics. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Another good reason to join the AFC and not the KFC. We are all well educated :face_with_monocle:. Mentally and physically strong. When we dont rock the Diablo field we do the same on the football field. We have our own rowing team (always No. 1) etc…

I forgot to mention we are looking goooood aswell. RAWR :heart_eyes_cat:

:unicorn: !!! FOR THE HORN !!! :unicorn:

Eh. KFC chicken sandwiches are pretty good. So i get kfc for lunch a couple times and also get stuff for diablo.

Also, theyre cosmetics, who cares?
Games gotta make an annual profit, selling cosmetics is better than pay to win

1 Like

Companies have been doing these promotional partnerships with food outlets for something like 50 years.

Almost everyone has some sort of promo branded cup, toy, or item they got from a fast food place when they were growing up. Happy Meals were one of the main sources.

Overwatch they did a promo partnership with Taco Bell involving cups and maybe some sort of code on them. I know they have had many more as well.

I don’t care that companies do it. It is as common as seeing a TV advert or a billboard. I personally won’t be linking my Bnet account to a KFC account (that I don’t have). So that means I am making the choice not to get any of the cosmetics available that way.

I did not get the WoW ones that were linked to Mt Dew or whatever either.

There are going to be so many hundreds in game over the years, and/or via Battlepass that I am not worried about finding enough options to transmog my chars.

Your description is the South Park “Make Love not Warcraft” episode I think. Blizz partnered with them to make it.

But I want to dual wield Chicken Wings and wear a KFC Bucket Hat.

Even if you bought all these things, you wouldn’t have all the items in the game. There’s a shop as well with rotating items you have to buy directly with $

You don’t “HAVE” to do ANY of that…

Imagine thinking you’re oppressed due to video game mechanics and cosmetic options.

1 Like

…have to sub to 2 twitch streamers

…have to buy a KFC sandwhich

Do we? Do we have to? or is that just some arbitrary expectation you impose on yourself?

At least the Korean sword cosmetic looks so dumb no one would actually want it or notice it beyond a regular white dagger or something.

I don’t really care about cosmetics past beta and launch week. But they certainly figured people like me out and are loading up on endless cosmetics for this time. Sucks! FOMO!! Ahhhhh!!

People need to stop thinking this means anything.

You buying the Ultimate Edition is meaningless. You bought HOPEFULLY for the content it came with.
Not with you thinking it will fund more content in the future or something like that.
If you enjoy the items the Ultimate Edition gave you, then why bring it up?

There is 0 obligation to use battlepass to fund Diablo 4 future content at all. Don’t buy any of this naively thinking it will.

And they will of course try to get as much PROFIT as they can. KFC thing probably they get kickbacks from chicken sales.

This goes to fund EXEC big BONUS compensation. But if you like the item, enjoy it. Just know the money is not being funneled to the devs you are buying a new yacht for some exec.

2 Likes

I want a drumstick mount

1 Like

Maybe we will see a werechicken form for the Druid.

Colonel Sanders haripiece and glasses :smiley:

2 Likes

Check out the 3 books that were released as companions to Diablo 3; Book of Cain, Book of Tyrael, and Book of Adria; they do a really deep dive on Diablo lore. There is a book coming out next month called Book of Lorath, which is a companion to D4, and will hopefully add some insight into more recent events, perhaps some that are not brought out in game play.

2 Likes

Need a fourth, the book of KFC

KFC is disgusting and these cosmetics are the most atrocious looking I’ve seen thus far. No loss here, ignore it and move on.

1 Like

KFC pays Blizzard, then nobody buys this rubbish or equips it even if it’s free.

Sounds pretty ideal to me.

I am a total clothes-horse when it comes to transmogs, character skins, etc. I have spent more on ship skins in EvE (which barely anyone will ever see) than I have on all the ships I’ve ever bought. But I just cannot get motivated about D4 character customization. By level 10 each weekend I had a set of low-level coordinated gear that I thought looked nice and which I think I will be happy playing the entire game in.

Immersion-breaking real-world cosmetic stuff should only be allowed in PvP zones where I can demonstrate just how much I love your Colonel Sanders Giant Chicken outfit :smiling_imp:

My only real fear at this point is that their monetization scheme based on cosmetics in a game where very few people may care about cosmetics is going to fall flatter and be every bit as much of a disaster for them as the RMAH was in D3, and, if that happens, what they might be willing to do to try to boost revenue to meet their projections that were based on D4 cosmetics being the most popular in-game purchases ever.