Diablo.Trade is ruining the fun

I think I may have to enforce a hybrid sytem that will ensure fun and gear upgrades I earn while tapping into trade for gold in season for reroll and masterwork.

My new rule for S5 after seeing what happens in S4 is to only allow trading for gold and so no buying items in season but anything goes on eternal to see how far build can go with best items. This sees how far you can push your build in season with items you earned.

Problem with just allowing yourself to trade and flip and such is that this will always beat playing the game to earn items faster. So you get good at flipping and can gear your whole character. So you stopped playing D4 at some point and started playing Trade Sim 4000. This is fine for eternal type wasteland but not good to do in season.

Depends how many cosmetics did you buy? :hamster: :popcorn:

1 Like

Disable trade or do D3 limited trade.

Or do AH, d3 trade was stupid af

Open trading is the problem, not a website or an AH.

So no from me for AH as it solves nothing.

If they continue with trade then they need to separate it into its leagues trading/no trading.

I’d prefer they just do no trading (except with party member drops like d3).
Just my 2cents.

This is my preferred method as well.

1 Like

I wouldnt say this is particularly true. Yes its easier but gold is in abundance just playing the game. However it does mean you need to do other things then greater rifts till your eyes bleed.

I myself have more gold then what I made trading a couple items for a couple billion. So, i effectively didnt even need to trade in S4.

main problem with diablo.trade is the rmt and buying item just to resale at mucher higher prices. Should be like last epoche. Can trade a item one time then its bound to the buyer

They just need a AH
Why should we have to go to a 3rd party?
Just don’t make it RMAH again

I dunno

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/the-case-in-favor-of-a-s4-auction-house

Season 4 has tons of issues but Diablo.Trade is not one of them. YOu can completely ignore Diablo.Trade it’s a non-issue. Greater Affixes are all over the place just hang out in Helltides and kill the Blood maiden (best way to do your seasonal quest) over and over and you’ll be swimming in GAs.

The real issue in Season 4 is the ridiculously bad Tempering system, the ridiculous cost of resetting Masterworking, and ultra low Stygian Stone droprate. You can literally get Stygian stones faster just by creating alts and finishing your Seasonal Quests over and over. This also gets you Resplendent Sparks, tons of Stygian Stones and summong mats, and again tons of GA items.

And the gigantic elephant in the room – piss poor class balance, with one class having Damage Multipliers in the thousand% range, with Multiplicative Tempers that make a basic skill AOE, while other classes wallow in turd.

1 Like

This is bad if Blizzard balances the game around the idea that everyone has a billion gold doing Diablo trading.

Which sadly does seem to be the case, because the gold costs in this game are crazy.

But I play Diablo 4 to play an ARPG, not to play Wallstreet Simulator. I absolutely refuse to do trading, it’s not my idea of fun, I don’t want to sit around like a broker or auctioner waiting for items to sell. I just want to play the game.

2 Likes

i completely agree, I do however enjoy selling items in an auction house like in wow, but I completely understand that is not what defines an ARPG at all, and that probably most don’t want to do that!
However if trade is to stay in the game, we need a system that is simple and in game so that players such as yourself can just find items, go to the AH post them and be done, receiving the gold in their mailbox.

Honestly i’m pretty happy with diablo.trade. Sold some stuff, gained about 2B, now i can buy some stygian and farm a little Duriel for some uber uniques, which is the only thing that still gave me some form of excitement in the game. My barb is 12/12, is not optimal but honestly i don’t care pushing pits, i did a 112, could do a little more but it is enough for me. And after bricking so many double or triple AG, i’m done, every time i find a worth gear, i sell it ^^ Who cares.

No surprise about diablo.trade…

but i doubt blizzard is going to make a tradesystem themselves in the near future.

We need auction house, but If you look how long it takes them to make leaderboards and they even make it for crap gauntlet which noone play. We may see Ah in a year from now.

1 Like

Auction house indeed would be very good, because using 3rd party sites feel awful.

1 Like

No… It was not hugely popular. These forums were on fire over the hatred of the AH. It lasted as long as it did only because Blizzard had advertised D3 as having an Auction House and removing it would have caused legal issues.

Just dont use it.
Just play the fing game.

It is literally that easy.

I’d like to purchase and sell items for gold in game safely and on my time, by simply checking in with an NPC to browse other player’s items for sale and my own.