Diablo IV is much better now

Most of my posts since Diablo IV was released were quite negative (even while it was in beta), but actually now I am starting to like it. For me, it is because it is becoming more like Diablo III and is becoming more about farming speed rather than making all the builds look very weak and everything taking forever to clear. Removing the downtime on travelling by improving horses was a major change too. I wonder how others feel about the current state versus what it used to be.

23 Likes

Not much better for me currently, I can’t log in, have been getting error 300008 for last 30 mins

2 Likes

There’s nothing to do in the game. There’s no content.

18 Likes

1-100 is the content sadly.

Just quit when you reach 100.

When i kill enemies with steel grasp before i even get to use my spender it means the game is bad. I cant even play my build right and im constantly out of fury because everything dies too fast.

DIablo 4 is in the best state it has ever been

Still a lot of things that can be improved (stash space, loadouts, itemization, etc) but S2 wwent in the right direciton and the game is much better than in S1 and S0

13 Likes

Much better is a stretch. Its better in some areas and still bad in most.

6 Likes

Changing opinions are not allowed here.

1 Like

Content ends once you complete wt3. I feel bad for people for grinding to 100.

6 Likes

Making it more like d3 or d2 is not actually a good thing. All the time spent chasing the latest entitled complaint could be better spent on performance and actual content. That said blood harvest is a lot better than helltides.

1 Like

But at least the casuals enjoy it. Too bad they are the first to quit a season :smiley:

5 Likes

I completely agree. Just let that sink in though…when I say it out loud it just feels so sad. This could have been such a good game. But eh…it is what it is and we’re stuck with it.

2 Likes

Sadly i already quit this season faster than s1. Game just isn’t interesting if you can steamroll all the bosses in sacred gear.

At this point i dont understand why this game is online or a live service. Their player base would be better off being able to mod it themselves.

7 Likes

It’s a step in the right direction.

3 Likes

Usually what I do in most games when I’ve played all the content and get bored of it. Wouldn’t be any different for this one either.

To be honest, actually I wish that D4 was more like the original vision, which is a slower paced more tactical aRPG. Why, because there’s practically nothing like it outside of some indie games (Nox is close).

You know that originally, the next Diablo game which became “D4” was to be a 3rd person souls-like game in the Diablo universe, but then it was scrapped because the original devs thought that it didn’t work and made D4 instead. The early iteration of D4 still had this “slower paced more tactical approach” if you see the early gameplay footage or you had the privilege to play the early builds.

But ironically, i think it’s good that they slowly abandon it and “embrace D3” because it takes much more than an isometric camera to make a tactical aRPG. For one, I think that it can’t be a point and click game where you push a button to cast a spell/skill, but you need to be a much more in control of your character, think something like a fighting game but with an isometric camera. In short, it wouldn’t work since Diablo games always have spells and they need to make an almost completely new kind of game.

3 Likes

It isn’t. It’s still a disaster. As long as the itemization is as rigid and bland as it is currently, the game will remain a disaster. It is the foundation for a loot-based game. The fact many Aspects are mandatory just kills build diversity and makes the game feel stale after a while.

People are playing the same builds in S2 as they were playing at launch, why? Because those are the only builds that the Devs designed to be viable. It’s terrible.

6 Likes

Yup all they needed to do was make the game so easy my cat could play it while I watch my 27 kids.

2 Likes

I’ve heard so many horror stories about barb that i’ll never try one.

Making try a class that is actually playable ?

for me the fun is advancing the paragon board and see all the power you get on the road to 100.

Once you get some glyphs in 3-4 boards, It is amazing.

1 Like