Diablo IV Extremely slow download (Possible fix)

"Hello, all poor people who are suffering from an extremely slow download of Diablo IV. I had a problem where, even though I have around 500 Mbps bandwidth download speed, my download speed would range from a maximum of 50 kb/s to 4 mb/s, randomly jumping between those numbers.

A solution that at least helped me a little bit was to go to the settings in Battle.net, navigate to “downloads,” and check “Limit download bandwidth.” Additionally, I checked “Latest updates” and “Pre-release content” and set those limits to 999999999.

Right afterwards, my download speed jumped to 60 mb/s but occasionally fluctuated down to around 6-10 mb/s. It’s not perfect, but definitely an improvement…

It’s sad that with a price tag of 69.99, I have to deal with such hardship.

Peace.

84 Likes

Thanks! I got my problem fixed. I was having a very slow download too.

2 Likes

Tried this, my dl speed went from 500kb to 6-11mbps constantly “for now”. But thanks a lot for this info, idk how this method works but thankgod

edit: and its back to its usual slow dl speed

1 Like

How were you able to fix your issue?

Thank you so much. It worked for me. I was trying to reinstall whole game cus it started to crash in act 5 after entering to basement or freezing on loading screen and got another problem to solve: slow speed download…

Works like a charm so far, I am at 30% in 5 minutes, after I got stuck at 11% for a loooong time! Thanks pal!

Thanks a bunch! My download speed went from 2MB/s to 51MB/s with those high limits set!

thanks for this, my download is now mbps and not kbps

1 Like

It worked but only up to 13%, but always something, early download slowed down after 4%. Thanks to the fact that at least a little bit of solving works. I actually noticed that support is not interested in this problem.

1 Like

Thanks! Helped immediately!

Thank you for sharing this, upped my download literally x50

Thanks a lot for help. It works, but blizzard themselves should be lawsuited for that type of action.

I’ve paid for Beta. Pre-purchased. And then they gave away it for free in couple days. Lol:)

1 Like

I had a slightly different experience. After I downloaded the Battlenet and D4 installation files to my PC from Blizzard using my normal Google Chrome browser. I clicked on the Battlenet installation Icon, gave it permission to install and then the blue installation progress bar appeared, with a blinking message that said “downloading files”. However, after around ten minutes or so it hadn’t progressed at all and a new message popped up that said something to the effect that battlenet was unable to get the “Patch Files” that I needed for the installation. After giving them $99 just minutes earlier, and the fact that I have the whole house wired for CAT 8 level speeds, I was like, hugh?? So…, on a whim, I stopped the installation, and used Windows Task Manager to verify that it was not still running in the background (which it was - so I ended it). Next, I turned on my Bitdefender VPN and double clicked the Battlenet installation Icon again, to see what would happen and wham, battlenet installed in just a few seconds. After that I was finally able logon to battlenet and then start the actually D4 game installation. Initially the download speed with my VPN running in the background was changing wildly from around 25Mbs all the way down to less than 1Mbs. So just for curiousity, I toggled to my Bitdefender VPN which was still running, and then pushed it’s pause button. The D4 download blue bar screen at Battlenet was visible the whole time and I watched in absolute amazement as the Mbs went all the way up and stayed at around 70Mbs for the remaining 80% that still had to be downloaded. I did try that fix that worked so amazingly well for everyone else (the 9999999) but in my case, the VPN solution also worked amazing well.

1 Like

Worked for me. Thank you!

Amazing! Thanks for the tip I was going mad. Blizzard fix, you muppets

Worked for me too, thank you for sharing this.
Jokes on you blizzard, seriously…

1 Like

Just wanted to say THANK YOU since this worked for me as well! I had to change the setting and then fully exit the Battle.net client and start it up again before it worked. I was a little skeptical since I already tried resetting the client among other things and nothing was happening. Anyway, I went from 300 KB/s (pathetic) to 80 MB/s. Now I’m debating if I should just leave the settings like that, lol

thanks this worked immediately

Excellent, it works like a charm.
Went from 756kbps to 51mbps instantly.

1 Like

it helped me perfectly! thx a lot!

1 Like