Diablo IV: Constructive General Feedback

Hi everybody,

This is general feedback after nearly three days of playing Diablo IV - Beta and clearing 99.9% of the available content. (hello collectables). Additionally, please comment on your experience below. So let us get started.

I entered the beta approximately 9 minutes after it began. I had a three-minute waiting line. Disconnected after forty minutes of playing after and waited in line for over an hour more. After this, there are no further concerns. Even though it was anticipated. 9/10 where 1/10 WOW launch of Mists of Pandaria (alliance).

1. 10/10 for graphics, network, and optimization. Game looks fantastic. On my ancient 3080 with 8 GB of VRAM, I was able to play the entire game at maximum 4K resolution at over 100 FPS with few frame rate drops. Except for the early few of hours, the network was stable at all times.

2. Gameplay: Imbalanced classes (expected). Dungeons feels identical. Very few unique bosses. Not enough unique encounters. Very few optional quests. The world does not feel particularly interactive, lively, or complete. Not a huge lover of MMO elements. Nonetheless, it was a satisfying experience. 7/10

3. The audio is excellent as always. Where can I download :slight_smile:? 10/10

4. Difficulty: I am a huge fan of “difficult” games like “Souls,” and I was playing as Barbarian. The first moments of the game were enthralling and the future of the game appeared to be bright. Closer to level 25, though, it became much simpler, and after achieving legendary powers I was able to survive and one-shot anything without hesitation. Here is where things gets tedious. I hope that higher tiers and more unique battles will resolve this issue. I do not wish for it to be another D3 with minmax gameplay difficulty. It has potential. Currently, the score is 6/10.

5. I have acquired all legendary items while exploring and completing tasks. So far, I’d say this game’s grinding is 2/10, yet D3’s is 10/10.

6. The story felt unclear and vaguely familiar. However, it was enjoyable. I’d give it 6/10.

7. I was able to reach level 25 in nearly no time and complete all available content in a single day. However, this is only a sample of what will be available upon full release. So far 4/10. you can play it chill and catch up in no time.

8. Price: Way too expensive for what we received, but we’ll see in June. If it is assumed that the game will remain in its current shape, the score would be 1/10, whereas 10/10 is the best deal.

9. Bugs: encountered few bugs. mostly user interface and dialogue. 1 bug in open world. All reported. I’d give it a 9/10, where 1/10 is a game with extreme bugs.

I imagined this game to be “easy to learn, difficult to master,” similar to “Dark Souls” in a Diablo shell, where equipment is helpful but not the key factor in PVE gaming. I am over D3’s 99% GR grind and simplistic gameplay, and I’m looking for something new and rewarding. Something similar to how D3 began, but without the plethora of useless legendary stuff. So far this game has this potential, but I am afraid it could quickly become another incarnation of D3+Immortal.

Because of the preceding, my overall rating is 6/10. If I see a more original approach to the series in the future, I could give it an 8/10.

Thank you for reading this, see you all in Sanctuary.
Sincerely, MrShovel

1 Like

I agree with the first few points. I was having some nasty errors with error code 32403 or whatever it was which lasted for a whole day. It was “fixed” this morning and I could play some more.

The class balance feels all over the place but we’re only seeing 25 levels of the entire game so not going to complain about any of that.

As for the difficulty it seems to vary from person to person. If I wanted to play a dark souls game I’d play dark souls. If I wanted some insane platforming I’d play Kamilia 1-3. I want diablo.