Diablo is SAVED!

What is the endgame because I seemed to have missed that. Serious question.

2 Likes

You guys should remember that first of all diablo 4 is a loot hunting game. If loot hunting will remain the same as before or will be at d3 level nothing will save this. Mark my words.

5 Likes

Greater rift runs after NMD runs :smiley:

Well at least Bosses seem to have an interesting potential :slight_smile:

1 Like

The endgame adds in updates to Helltides, a new uber boss Andariel with Duriels loot table, Masterworking to upgrade loot further, and The Pit to farm masterworking currency and loot. The Pit is a dungeon ladder system that progresses endlessly like Greater Rifts but appears to be different than it as the boss room is unique for each level.

1 Like

Perfect Diablo. Now itā€™s the best of the 4. It has everything I need. It lacks more life and skills, but that comes with time and the powers of the seasons.

It seems like they have completely turned it into a different game.

But i have to play it first to see what itā€™s like.

2 Likes

Are you sure about this ?, did they say thereā€™s a boss at each level or - thereā€™s a boss on each level and you enter where you feel like it :sweat_smile: ?

I like the new Helltides and boss(es) but GR arenā€™t an endgame, they are a loop to literally nowhere. Iā€™m sorry but I guess the game isnā€™t for me because I need some reason and better,an investment in character/story to enjoy this kind of thing. Simply doing the same thing over and over albeit at a higher level is like the antithesis of a good time for me.

2 Likes

You progress through a few rooms and then enter a boss room that has a boss and on top of that another overlapping boss ability at random. In the example, Lilith I believe shows up as a ghost that casts one of her abilities in the room on top of the other bosses casts.

More like Microsoft saved Diablo!

Seems like the Devs can now make a fun game.

WoW next?

1 Like

D4 manager with no simulate run button :smiley:

Looks good so far but I need to actually play it first.

Huge new direction. Excellent move.

But I donā€™t think theyā€™re going to escape the game feeling like a slog without a loot filter. As much as theyā€™re trying to get around that by making item drops more meaningful. Endgame will consist mostly of picking up items you donā€™t care about. Thatā€™s going to be most of the gameplay.

They need a loot filter.

The helltide system looks much more fun. But most happy I get souls, still, if itā€™s not.

1 Like

Good things - now i have a better feeling about the further direction of D4. Not interested in S3 anymore, but enough to do with Ronin till S4.

1 Like

finally minions are playable

2 Likes

Yeah, imo that is one of the main takeaways from the itemization changes. Seems like all the wrong lessons learned. Literally doubling down on Rerolling affixes :exploding_head: but somehow worse.

Turning everything into guaranteed progression; Codex, Masterwork. People will see this at the same chore as they saw affix rerolling. Because it is.

At minimum, it should not be possible to reroll Masterwork. What you get should be what you get. It is this ability to perfect an item that makes it the expectation. Since it can be perfected with enough rerolls, people will, right or wrong, feel like they need to be able to get it perfected.
Canā€™t wait for the ā€œmake it cheaper to mastercraft, waaahā€ threads.

Seems more like it is a loot upgrading game :frowning:

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna wait until i see a pattern of continuous improvement, canā€™t really claim something like this until enough time has passed. They are copying games like LE, which i dont mind as long as they copy the good aspects of other arpgs, at least its a step in the right direction, although a slow one at that and long overdue. Its premature proclamations and reactions like these, OP that led everone into the trap that was D4 at launch.

Well said. I tried playing D2R when it released and just couldnā€™t do it. Even with the new coat of paint itā€™s still a 20 year old game. Great for itā€™s time, but not something Iā€™m interested in playing again.

This wonā€™t make the game more interesting. There is no variety of builds. The game boils down to the same thing as always! Tree making, dungeons and hellish tide. Nothing changedā€¦

2 Likes