Diablo is SAVED!

I watched the stream with no expectations, i havent played Diablo 4 since season 2, and damn, all the changes are great, we are finally having crafting and an endgame. Loved it, thank you Diablo team and keep up the good work !

Here is a brief summary:

• New Itemization
  • Reroll Costs Capped
  • Can Trade Legendaries & Uniques - Not Ubers
  • Actual Crafting System ( Tempering, Masterworking, Greater Affixes)
  • Revamped Helltide
  • Uber Andariel
  • New Endgame Called “THE PIT” Basically D3 Greater Rifts, Up to LVL 250
  • Multiple Uber Unique Farming Methods - Open World, Duriel, Andariel, Lord Zir and Beast in Ice
  • Summon Uber Uber Bosses - Materials to summon from The PIT
  • Class Balance Changes
  • Aspects now in Codex
  • Camera Zoom Increased
  • HC cheat death removed
40 Likes

Agreed. Only thing they did wrong was bork any remaining interest in S3. I mean even I just feel like waiting a month to play anymore sans PTR.

7 Likes

I would wait until is live and we see it.
In theory everything sounds good and than on the live server was not good or they pushed back for mid season patch to bring players back.
We have to play S3 for an other Month lol

3 Likes

I do admire your enthusiasm and positivity but burn me once etc so, I will wait to see what d4 actually gets, what works as described, and what inadvertently gets broken.

2 Likes

Will be a different game for sure starting in s4… all for the better.

3 Likes

The testing phase starts on April 2nd and ends on April 9th.
PTR is not long open.

1 Like

The D2 simps have finally lost.

These people wanted a slow leveling Diablo. Everyone hated it.

These people wanted a Diablo where the end game is just item farming. Everyone hated it.

We have Rifts back. Nuff said

Diablo 2 isn’t that good of a modern day game. It’s like going back and playing Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazing games for their time, but people don’t want those games anymore.

4 Likes

Itemization got better in some ways, yes

But not sure about the other things they said

I mean the game got even more laborwork than before

Now you can exhaust yourself to death even after lvl100 and play up to lvl250 lol

I mean I guess it’s just time to realize the game is not meant for someone like me tbh

3 Likes

too early to draw any conclusions. Thats a big changes for sure, will see how they will work.

For now it looks like massive power creep, may be i’m wrong. But i’ll play it to actually judge by myself.

7 Likes

Same, it’s not just powercreep but also combined with more laborwork… It’s even more chores than before

Guess kinda liked the Helltide change though

2 Likes

You can kill monsters up to level 250…you won’t be level 250.

The itemization changes sound really cool (this all applies to Eternal and Seasonal), the tempering system sounds pretty awesome, and all of the class changes to boot seem to really bring this in line with making ‘your’ build.

We’ve got camera zoomed out more, ray tracing, Tempering to add your own affixes, 12 masterwork upgrades with random stat boost procs, Greater Affixes, The Pit to earn Masterwork currency (greater rift/AoZ dungeon ladder system), Andariel a new uber boss with the drop table of Duriel, and more.

Helltides can now happen at any world tier and build up towards minion invasions for even more density. Uniques at WT 1 & 2, and Ubers in WT3 and up can appear. More experience gained in WT1 to WT4 to get you leveled up faster.

The Codex also updates ranks of Aspects as you salvage loot and you keep that rank forever I believe, even on alts.

Uniques and Legendaries can now be traded!

And a ton more it seems!

2 Likes

Yes, and in order to do that you’ll do what exactly ?

Upgrade each item in your gear 16 times, and in order to do that what will you do ?, more runs, i.e. more chores

I get it, some may like that, I don’t feel like the game is “forgiving” (nor open) to those that don’t want to “commit” or “invest” the tripple digit hours in it tbh

I’d have much rather enjoyed a hard cap that is super hard to get and you get as far as you can. Didn’t work ?, try something else, adjust, or try a different character, see something about it and try another try with the original one…

It’s also more socially-active for people to adjust and overcome

IDK, it’s just wayy counter intuitive to me that logarithmic progression of power and hardship to be replaced with a logarithmic amount of time spent per level, and the only thing that is the obstacle seemingly is the invested time

3 Likes

Imagine getting an item with a base 1,000 max life stat, then it gets a Greater Affix bonus so it’s now 1,500?, and then after an insane luck streak that upgrades as well 3 times to some nutty hp bonus via masterworking. That is a pretty cool possibility and that’s just part of it.

I get it but they did it backwards

Instead of that system to be DURING the progression/leveling they’re adding that after the finishline

3 Likes

I spend more time than that just looking at and disposing of crap gear that has zero meaning in the game for my build. At least those same hours will be applied to meaningful progression.

1 Like

Yeah but we’ll be progressing faster through the leveling as well, but that is a fair point. I guess we’ll have to see in a couple weeks how this all feels and pans out.

That also contradicts the game design though

Like they say that D4 is a game of Systems, i.e. most of combat is done “before it happens” and then making people investing even more time into actual combat that evolves even less than before

IDK man, again, just everything about it feels really unintuitive, if not counter-intuitive tbh

3 Likes

I agree.
And also now with the even faster leveling. Why not just give us lvl 100 characters to beginn with so we can play this game that is barely a true arpg anymore and instead play this Action system playing game (Aspg).

1 Like

Great news about the items. I am very happy.

And Minions are SAVED as well :+1::grin: .

1 Like