"Diablo 4 Season 3 Minion Patch: A Laughable Letdown"

Reading the Diablo 4 Season 3 patch notes, and what a joke! Six months of waiting for two puny buffs that won’t even matter when minions drop like flies in two hits. I can’t help but laugh out of pure sadness at how pathetic this is. The devs claim necromancer minions are tricky – more like they’ve tricked us into expecting anything worthwhile. This is beyond frustrating; it’s just downright pathetic. What a letdown!

Paragon
Cult Leader Legendary Paragon Node

• Previous: Your Minions deal 15% increased damage for each Minion type you have active.
  • New: Your Minions deal 10% increased damage for each 20%[+] of Attack Speed > Bonus they have.
  • Skeleton Priest
  • Healing increased from 25% to 40% over the 8 second duration.

Im just inhale some copium maybe by the expansion we MIGHT get a real patch and pay 60bucks for it or more who knows

https://tenor.com/nl/view/copium-copege-pepe-twitch-meme-gif-23057236

19 Likes

Don’t forget the nerfs to CE lucky hit without buffing the abysmal lucky hit corpse generation passive, Good luck creating corpses now. Reapers don’t generate S%!t ever since the bug (probably a stealth nerf since it was never even addressed and hasn’t been to this day), also lets just remove 10% damage from blighted because.

4 Likes

you meant the 40% lucky hit nerfed to 25% lucky hit?

Corpse Explosion
Lucky Hit Chance reduced from 40% to 25%.

ring of mendeln lovers will have fun…
:sweat:

1 Like

I have a high LH build because I play River so I need a lot of corpses. The ring didn’t even go off that often, now in season 3 I don’t even think it will be worth it unless you use spear.

will have to agree ye, i doubt we will be able to do anything with corpses at all, im gonna play minions either way just to test stuff and show how much blizzard F*&@#ed Up

1 Like

Yes, minions are that tricky. If they slightly overbuff them, then they become brokenly powerful and necro would dominate all content. It happened in D3 a few times that I can remember off the top of my head. The model, right now, places a lot of emphasis on slow priest healing and making you spend time healing them instead of dpsing; so that you aren’t the best of both worlds: high tankiness and high dps.

They could also just pull the sheet out from under you and make it so that minions can’t block mobs at all and generate zero aggro, aside from taunt-like abilities. If they did that, then you wouldn’t have to worry about them dying because you’d spend more time running for your life. The minions would get to do more dps, you’d lose some dps due to running and things would even out.

Pre-Launch Pet-Necro was my most wanted to play…

S3 and i will still not play this class…

I just upgrade my Last epoch game to ulimate, because i will can play a pet class there !

I’m pissed at blizzard !

7 Likes

agreed, pre launch minions were a lot better.

Even if minions might be tricky, doesn’t matter if they become overpower or broken, we already had barb hota for that or sorc ball lightning

seeing as balancing is impossible for blizzard, just buff us to godlike builds so that people atleast WANT to play Necromancer minions…

cuz now as saeko mentioned and im sure others will to as they have done so in the past will just skip the entire class or season…

1 Like

Be carefull, anti pet build fun police might comment “NAH AH! It will be AFK and we don’t want that here! That’s much worse than 1 button bazillion damage bulids! You D2 fanatic scum! Go play somethig else you noob and take your pet builds with you!” And other thoughtful, paranoid things.

3 Likes

people do be like that, im sure anti necromancer plebs will come into this topic and say that everything is fine, just to shiet on necromancer

Don’t go into the necromancer category… XD

in my opinion a big problem with summoner is you have Zero Control oer minions and Harle does nothing for us because we would need something taht buffs passive abilitys instead.

Also the passives of the minions should be changed they are giving us Health and Dmg but health is useles because they cant tkae more than 30% in 1 hit and i doubt that the bonus health does anything, a dmg reduction would be way better like per skill point get dmg, armor and ele Resi on them.

Than in my opinion remove raise skeleton as an active ability from the game and make it a passive.
As passive it should have somethin like all 10 seconds rise a skeleton from a nearby corpse, now it is a real choice do i sacrifice them or use them as onabe meatshields or supports for aspects like getting mor essence per living minion.
After that give as an active ability like command skeleton which has something like d3 atack target enemy they deal x% increased dmg while doing it.
The upgrade of this command skeleton than would be reduce the cd of the rise skeleton passive to 2 seconds, upgrade options could be like if they hit an enemy they heal you for your life on kill ability or second they heal themself for your life on kill value.

This would be my opinion how a nice change could be going because now also minions would profit from + skills.

Maybe an Uber Unique like harlequin bunt for passive abilitys would be realy nice to!

oh? maybe i should have a look
maybe ill just repost my shiet there as well why not yolo XD

1 Like

Cult leader changes looks like a nerf to me…

Will turn things even worse to pure summoner.

Its so funny all those anti minion comments when you have so many op builds…

Perhaps i will keep playing with Druids, my second option…

1 Like

Necros biggest Problem IS a Guy by the Name of Adam Jackson

7 Likes

I’m starting to believe that they don’t want the necro to have strong minions, they keep mentioning that they want to buff them but to me this looks like a nerf to the minions rather than a buff

2 Likes

I miss the armymancer from D2. This form of play is pretty useless in D4. A big „Thanks!“ for this bs to our beloved developers.

2 Likes

Thank the fools who cryed AFK build, based on low level gameplay during the open beta. Now I don’t say devs aren’t at fault for listening and makeing a knee jerk reaction to it, but if people would have more than 2 braincells to rub togeather, and not judge minions based on lvl 25 content on wt1,2 and wait to see what they can do in late endgame content we wouldn’t be here.

3 Likes

So much for my S3 minion build… laughable minion changes. :rofl::rofl::rofl::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

I’ve pretty much given up on minion build. I was never able to loot the mednaln ring this season, and even with paragon board filled and glyphs maxed the build was useless. If the Butcher came I was dead meat because he would completely ignore my minions and wack me with a couple swipes. If I died to a boss, I couldnt complete the NMD because there were no corpses around for me to raise them. Why does there have to be corpses around for them to be raised and why do they even have to die in the first place? They’re friggin minions.I’m not sure why minions are an issue for this dev team because I never had these problems in D3.