Diablo 4 not supporting game sharing

So apparently Diablo 4 game sharing does not work for early access? I keep getting error codes while my friend is in and playing, I’m having this issue on Xbox anyone else?

20 Likes

Same, I find it hard to believe a company owned by Microsoft would find a way to negate one of the prime features of their parent company.

10 Likes

Same, my best friend and I are game sharing. She can get in, but I cannot. Just getting licensing error

4 Likes

same error code of license not found for my wife but i can get in no problem

2 Likes

Maybe this is part of the login errors they’re having, system not applying the license through home settings

3 Likes

Im having the same issue. My friend is on no problem and waiting for me and im just getting error codes. I work alot i wont have the time to play in 4 days when the non ultimate editions release.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue with game share. My brother can play but I cannot.

1 Like

Same here. Xbox console no game sharing. This is garbage.

2 Likes

Any luck? or am I going to have to just buy it… sigh

Tried the buy 1.99 platinum on Microsoft store, so far that hasn’t changed anything

3 Likes

Still showing code 315306 iirc, no valid license, Microsoft store shows I can download it, Xbox let’s me launch it

5 Likes

Gamesharing here and cannot log in with the account that didn’t buy the game. First time we’ve ever seen this so it has to be related to how they’ve locked out the standard edition until Tuesday.

3 Likes

yupp. launching the game works just fine.

however, it’s the battlenet account linking that’s screwing all this up. they only gave a game license to the gametag linked when purchased. there seems to be no game sharing supported. if true, doesn’t this violate xbox’s ToS for distribution?

3 Likes

I’m an hour in and still no dice some people are saying to install a game and try again but all I’m seeing is talk for PlayStation so I don’t know how helpful it is for Xbox

I tried that too, no luck.

Same - i am able to get on under my gamertag, my wife cannot. We have tried on her xbox and my xbox, still getting the no license error regardless.

3 Likes

I game share on PS5 with my Dad and when he hits play it directs him to purchase the game. How disappointing.

I find it stupid if they made it so people who are game-sharing can’t play until standard release date because most people preordered this like me and my friend with the intention of playing with our duo or squad and to prevent people from doing so is up right disappointing, first it’s the cancellation of pve in overwatch2, now you can’t play Diablo 4 if your game sharing :pensive:

6 Likes

Some clarity from Blizzard on this would be nice.

7 Likes

So 2 people in the same household have to buy 2 seperate games just to play together on early access? That is ridiculous.

7 Likes