Diablo 4 is boring

Before you come in to ask what the point of this post is, remember you can use your own logic and not read, this is my grieving process for anyone else that has brainrot atm. Also, I paid my money to post my opinion.

Why these super situational damage stats?
Slowed, chill, vulnerable, stun, daze, healthy, unhealthy, distance
All these stats quite literally tell you what to do… how to play, as theyre tied to your skill
how’s this fun? Another required must have stat on everything is what it is. We already have crit dmg locked on our gear.

The open world is not jiving at all.
a twist of random enemy splattered maps you must skip or run by if you wish to actually progress forward, or spend another 10 minutes on another blood shrine event or fetch quest.
The random cellars/ dungeons are laughably pointless. Seems like a placeholder dungeon to make the area seem better or less dead.
No point in clearing one place over another. Nothing to collect, nothing of variety, nothing exclusively possible in these cellars/tunnels.

The story is that of a goosebumps level writing unfortunately. Story drowning with random characters (and important ones) you’re supposed to care about though you can see from a mile away they’re going to die because diablo is a meme now with its over the top “Absolutely nothing works out lol”
I get the aim for a darker tone, but this edgy 14 year old CoD player level humor of a random npc running out of her house then instantly getting splattered because “Shucks…Lol, thats diablo for youuuu.”
Just makes the game seem less serious and more of a meme rather than a dark serious tone of 1 and 2.
So yeah, items and builds interactions are not interesting what so ever. The open world is basically a loading screen to get to each dungeon/fetch quest.
No pvp on the horizon, no building and conquering strongholds for your clans on the horizon.
I’m just deflated atm, and i dont see what they could implement without redoing a core part of the game. maybe ill comeback in 6 months.

169 Likes

Agreed on all counts. A soulless game designed by committee trying to appeal to ~middle aged edgelords trying to recapture how D2 made them feel as a teen.

The whole item stat and affix system is almost comically bad with all the conditionals.

75 Likes

Wrong and clueless on all accounts, refund and get out of here. This is the one good Blizzard game in the last 12 years. Their one game which is immersive and not tainted by woke garbage. Combat is the best arpg combat on the market. This game must be preserved.

100 Likes

My guess from reading this is that you actually haven’t played the game at all. Since I have cleared a good number of cellars and so far none have have had the same events in them. And the point of clearing? As always, loot. The same as it’s always been.

25 Likes

Outside of “farm dungeons” big parts of the open world, and campaign are simply empty

Only hell part of the campaign feeled like a “hack and slash”.

The other acts…simply massive maps, which are empty.

27 Likes

yea, i stopped clearing cellars after about 20 when i realized theyre the same thing.
About the items though…

11 Likes

Some people in this thread keep using that word - empty - but the clearly are clueless as to the words actual meaning. I guess there truly is nothing to see here. Just empty words of bitterness. :laughing:

8 Likes

:yawning_face:

I hope you aren’t a fan of D2 or D3 and calling D4 boring.

8 Likes

You must be on a wrong game.

Diablo 4 is like other Diablo’s… all hack and slash, strategize, execute strategies with mouse precision, get loots and repeat on the next harder mobs/bosses.

I am having a blast. Still on Act 2. Trying to make the gear I looted to work against differing Bosses and mobs. I made a lot of kills. Still on it. Very addicting as I cant stop playing.

17 Likes

It’s all subjective some of us are very much enjoying the game, sorry you aren’t. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

6 Likes

I honestly hate the open world. if they moved on from the top down view then it might work but the world feels like corridors everywhere.

15 Likes

Don’t let the door hit ya! Thanks for contributing you money towards further development of the game.

4 Likes

As someone who grew up with Diablo, I’m loving the game and evolution of the lore. HUGE W for Blizz imo.

19 Likes

I’m on the same page as you, loving the game.

6 Likes

Kinda snooze fest compared to previous Diablo games.
also a spice of crashing time to time. The game crashed at least 10 times today.

11 Likes

Completely different experience to mine, not only am I very much enjoying the game, but I have honestly not had one crash or any technical issues.

Though admittedly having three children and a busy job I have by no means been playing 18 hours a day like I’m sure some have.

9 Likes

see you in 6 months /20char

4 Likes

Open world isn’t referring to the map or how you view it, it’s referring to you sharing the game world with other players.

So I’m a bit confused by this post.

1 Like

probably time to update your potato pc

2 Likes

Have you played the game? You can run for minutes sometimes without a single mob to kill. The map is absolutely empty.
Not knocking the game at all, great so far, but the lack of mobs makes it feel not diablo.

11 Likes