Diablo 4 community managers and twitter

Well given the text when posting from the support site page to the (support) forum, other players are more competent than their support department. Yes, it is written there that forum users will provide help.

Do you see the state of the game? Explain how good she is. They can’t even fix anything until season 2. The game has an exploiter on an exploiter. Are all working builds exploits.
If this is a good job, what is a bad job?

1 Like

With all the sells they’ve got on D4, probably around 5,000,000 for now, at min 70 bucks, they got the bricks, even they got tons of bricks :slight_smile:
I don’t know if they need even more bricks, they can probably do everything for free now, what’s the point to make a paid battelpass or whatever now? It’s not like POE which got just cosmetics and supporter packs to paid their dev and artists.

Shareholders etc is the main point - which for them is a need not a want.

Yes they have the bricks - now it is time to build a house.

Good bricks though.

Bit of a chicken and egg situation perhaps? Even during the beta the toxicity level on here was pretty high. That being said, I don’t understand why they don’t pay at least one person to wade in and at least correct misinformation, if not try to respond to peoples’ legit concerns about the game. As it is, this place is just an echo chamber of rage.

2 Likes

Reddit and Discord having mods that work for free as Blizzard shills might have something to do with it.

Well, it turns out that everything was true, although it contradicted each other.
But one thing is worth noting. if you can provoke them, you will get a ban faster than an indication of what made them angry.

1 Like

As far as Twitter goes, he can wear the “personal account” line as shield when he tweets with the added bonus of his bosses being able to see what he tweets, so it looks like he is going above and beyond his job duties.

1 Like

I think you mean he is going above and beyond to only use Twitter and ignore this entire forum. While also going above and beyond to block anyone on twitter that doesn’t post glowing reviews of him and the game so his bosses don’t see how bad of a job he’s doing.

2 Likes

I mean, maybe? But insofar as being as big, accessible, and efficient as Twitter?

Probably not.

I mean I would blame that on Blizzard, not him. He is likely fulfilling his job requirements or else Blizzard would have an issue with it. The communication methods definitely need to change though.

2 Likes

How is it blizzard fault when two other blizzard games allow thier community managers to respond on blizzard forums? Also diablo 4 during beta when filthyrich was community manager allowed reply on his posts and did not require messaging him on his personal twitter. So i believe very much he has something to do with his preference and not a blizzard requirement. Because if it was why do community managers from their other blizzard games do it differently?

Why did filithyrich reply to players on the d4 forms for beta?

Don’t you want an outgoing Community Manager who engages regularly and you feel speaks for/with the Community?

“Fulfilling his job requirements” is the bare minimum imo. I want a go getter who takes the positive and negative energy of the community and puts it to good use…the betterment of the game and increasing morale.

At least the WoW forums has a community council that the Devs respond to the questions from players there. This live service game has no such feature on these forums.

2 Likes

Im not surprised they dont reply in here given the ammout of dumb/cry babies like you whining around here all the time.

This forum is just a trap for you all to dump all your rubbish for it to be forgotten.

This forum barely provides any meaningful feedback to them.

I would ignore this forum too if i was Blizzard.

But i love throwing the tough truth at the face of people like you.

Why would anyone monitor this hell hole. Seriously. I follow them on twitter and get news every hour, Nothing toxic just questions and answers.

It’s worse on the WoW forums but they still have a community council where they are in communication with the WoW devs.

Do you understand how insanely limited that is? The forums feel like it is a feel good decoy to avoid talking about real issues. They complain the council gives them an “excuse” to further ignore the rest of the forums and feedback.

I don’t totally agree with that, but it is not some bastion of magic communication. It is better and more structured this year than it was the first year, so they are making progress.

It is better than D4 though and it is transparent, in that any questions answered are done in public, not on Twitter or Discord.

Source: I was on the Council for the first year and was one of the first people added.

What do you believe the solution is?

Diablo isn’t as important as WoW. Diablo is one of Blizzard’s backup IPs, they don’t care about YOU. Neither does this MVP lol.

I appreciate the communication, but I loathe that community management has evolved to basically be “social media engagement” in terms of the “management” part.

This was a big problem with DICE for a while, where the best place to find updates about BF wasn’t to go to the forums or the site, but to find the CM’s personal Twitter pages to look for their tweets. Or developers.

It’s so weird because Blizzard was once heavily built around engaging in the forums and still to this day maintains tech that makes it trivially easy to find their official posts.

But they’ve transitioned to doing so much communication over personal Twitter accounts and videos that places like this forum feel like they have less and less value.

I’m just waiting for them to follow the trend that’s starting of simply shuttering forums altogether and moving to Discord. Which is one of the worst imaginable platforms for replicating the functionality and benefits of a forum.

1 Like