Diablo 4 and ui mods

hey im seeing several content creators using mods for ui for showing full buffs for d4

wow allowed them is this the same for d4?
wondering because a barb wont show them all

No, they are not allowed. Blizzard does not allow the use of any third party software that touches their actual live game without approval. Esp if it gives an advantage. If software displays information in D4 that is not available to every player, then that is considered a rule violation.

You would want to send the details of that via email to hacks@blizzard.com

WoW was built specifically to have user addons that modify the UI. They exist in Blizzard’s sandbox that Blizzard controls. None of Blizzard’s other games have that. Blizz intentionally did not create a UI sandbox for Diablo games.

They did post a reminder to everyone in a pinned post at the top of the forum.

for those who don’t like to click on links, here is the rest of the statement talking about overlays that display data.

With that in mind, we want to make it clear that TurboHUD4, like any game-modifying software, is prohibited for use with Diablo IV. Players who install this kind of software will put their accounts at risk for disciplinary action, which can include permanent suspension.

Thank you to our players for helping to keep Sanctuary fair for all.

1 Like

oh believe me i will i know wow let ya use ui mods for raids and such was wondering…

that being said … how do i go about reporting that i cant see all the buffs i can get with a barb… i have to visually rely on one hammer then the 2nd being overpower with the new ring

If you feel there is a bug in the game then you report it on the Bug Report forum. If it is a game design issue, you create a thread on the forums suggesting that the Devs change the game to better display buffs. Leave out cheating accusations. Stick to what needs to be displayed and why.

If you want to report cheating or exploits you email hacks@blizzard.com with the names, videos, and details. Those don’t go on the forums. Posting like you have here (other threads) will just get you forum banned for not going through the right channels.

The fact that blizzard was sitting in a meeting discussing design decisions and someone said, “Ya, if they have too many buffs, just push some of them off the screen.” and everybody agreed and they launched the game like that, shows just how incompetent the developers of this game are.

8 Likes

I feel you, this full buff indicator problem happened in diablo 3 too, eventually they fixed it after waiting a long time

It’s Sad to see diablo 4 has the same problem, as a remember D4 director Joe shely was one of D3 dev back in the day. The dev really never learn i guess.

Then there’s the other annoying side of this coin that D3 uses where buffs are hidden under a “buff holder” that you have to actively mouse over to see the buffs. You’d think with two decades of experience from WoW and D2 + D3 that they’d figure out how to display buffs in a succinct yet practical way. Yet we don’t even have a timer for D4’s buffs, even on mouseover!

And the fact that people are risking bans to use a 3rd party UI because blizzard can’t be bothered making a better UI is… something. Like… how can someone make a better UI for FREE and blizzard can’t even make a better one paying someone. WTF are they doing at blizzard?

3 Likes

Show me one lil bro.

it saddens me that this even has to happen… i mean i get a bug after a hotfix they literally didnt see in the code… but this is a thing thats in the game and not from fixes…
that a barb and a sorc cant see all the buffs and we as players that dont get paid by blizzard are used at troubleshooting where … well ill say it, someone isnt doing their paid job good enough to notice. ya know its like me putting on pickles on a fast food burger because the picture shows them, its listed on the topping that come standard, but for some reason the pickles just dont get on the burger
and posting a bug fix on here is like talking to that worker teenager on their phone that could careless… so you go social media and a manager finally answers lol

extreme yes but still
nothing against you at all MissCheetah… you are amazing on here and always have been from as far back as i can remember ya being on any of the forums

Im here after playing Walking Arsenal Barb to lvl 80 and wanting to find a way to know when my next Overpower (OP) will trigger… feels like I’m supposed to be able to track that and use it on time on purpose?.. correct me if I’m wrong in that assumption. I’ve gone on now just ignoring when my next OP will hit next with 8 swaps aspect and other OP timers… but it’d be AWESOME if I had some kind of UI beyond the little icon on the buffs bar to tell me how many swaps or just something highlighting my next attack will guarantee OP… I never know on Barb the way I did on Necro last season.

i only ever see this as an issue due to the seasonal powers/buffs. did not notice this last season or pre-season. but i agree its annoying and needs fixed.

1 Like

Are you sure it is not just the “advanced tooltip” options that are turned off by default?

Just mod it. No one cares about this dead game.

seems pretty alive considering you are here as well =)

edit: Holy moly, this dude parrots the same thing since july lmao.

2 Likes

That’s impressive, to hang around a ‘dead game’ for 4 months give or take. I mean at least it shows his level of commitment, if for nothing else.

2 Likes

Very true. Play POE if you want a real ARPG and not this cheap American Lost Ark rip off.

1 Like

as iggi said lol. it tells quite a bit about you for hanging arround 4 months in a dead game

1 Like

i dont usually watch streamers, mostly only when i need a twitch drop. so i dunno, maybe this really is a thing going on.

can you provide some examples? or are you just gonna toss out an accusation without providing any evidence?

It’s possible the overlay is just on the stream (in their broadcasting software) and not on the game itself on their screen. That wouldn’t violate TOS I don’t think. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.