Diablo 3 feels better

I think D3 feels better and plays better than D4, I’ve played all the diablo games.

4 Likes

A 1000x better? What an over exaggerated point of view, sure the game isn’t bad, but it’s nothing more than a D3 clone made to nickel and dime the base.

I do enjoy the graphical overhaul and the story at least. But a 1000x better isn’t remotely how much they’ve improved with all the resources they have on hands.

This feels like a money grab 1000x percent more than a quality product.

But that’s where we are now in terms of video games so get used to it.

2 Likes

Don’t be mean… I bet you still have D3 on your computer just like the rest of us…

1 Like

D4 is nothing like D2 or D3. Everything matters. I can’t wait the crying when Dungeon spammers realize they need to actually explore everything for extra stat points + 10 Skill Points in EVERY 5 Acts… :joy:

Obviously you’ve never made it to t140+

Awful take, this game got me hooked.

Combat feels better than D3, but some of the systems need to be rebalanced a lot. The duration of vulnerable and berserking for barbarian abilities, for example. 2 seconds of vulnerable isn’t enough, compared to a Sorc who freezes for what feels like an eternity.

Bosses are too sponge. WAAAAAY too sponge. I understand having their mechanics kill you quickly - I like that. However there’s no need for 10 minute boss battles, and I know some of that is lack of proper gear optimization but no… not on world tier 1 or 2. I’m confident the balance issues can be sorted out, but I won’t trust a hope that Blizzard will do it.

The game is more or less just a campaign. The end game systems don’t look nearly as deep or replayable as D3.

Dungeon is nightmare… have to walkthough all the dungeon for key or kill all mobs to open door… very bad design :frowning:

D3 shouldn’t even have the name diablo in the title tbh.

It’s a fine ARPG, but it shouldn’t be in the diablo universe, now that’s just my opinion lol.

Wait till D4 seasons start and characters get wiped :joy:

Go play Jazz Jackrabbit then.

Nothing gets wiped. Just seperate pools of characters.

1 Like

Yeah but there’s a character slot limit right?
Does D3 increase char slot limit as the seasons progress?

Better is relative. Temporally, developmentally, evolutionarily relative. Oh yea, and subjective.

Better can be, for example, 1 is better than 0. Or, 11 of something better than 10 of that same thing.

But, lest we forget this sage comment:

“Why don’t you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?”

`These go to 11.

I like d2 better than D3 and D3 better than d4. I quit beta after level 20 to go back to d2. Got a few torches now.

1 Like

You basically just said it’s an improved version of D3… and that’s what a lot of people including myself, was hoping not be the case. I’ve got a lot of playtime in D3, and it improved incredibly a couple years after launch, but I didn’t want D4 to be D3 2… and it seems like that’s what we got.

Then what did you want? I am happy to see a game that improves on all aspects of D3 as a proper evolution should do.

yeah BETA 2 month before release. its going to be a COMPLETLY other game in 2 month.

1 Like

What am I , the wiki source for refunding mediocre games ? Do your own research , the community is split 50-50 on this game atm , which is abysmal for a series of this magnitude.

If you ever grew up playing Diablo 1-2 which i highly doubt , i could probably count the people on this entire forum that played them and had builds saved on floppy disks , then you are in no position of asking anything :slight_smile:

You are simply out your league , taste , standards and everything else.

I find it quite funny that you compare a beta release which is capped in levels and therefore capped for endgame, to a refined game that has had multiple updates over the years, I’ve played D3 since release, but I found D4 to be a fresh game, built on a very different engine than its predecessor, ofc they ha e to find quirks and flaws that need improvement, I mean, every game has that phase, thats why games are released in alpha/beta stages, to get input from players and hardware to improve the results.