Dear Blizzard: This isnt Elder Souls

I think some of the spells are definitely way too mana costly. I don’t mind playstyles that revolve around waiting for cooldowns but not for 20 seconds at a time

14 Likes

You don’t speak for me, I enjoy needing a tiny bit of skill to beat a boss.

8 Likes

Honestly glad thats happening for you man, truly. Sorc feels terrible right now. Its great in cooldowns, but after that it takes 10-15 seconds to just clear a pack of non-elites. I literally tele through dungeons to objectives, blow cooldowns, wait for unstable currents to hit 10s on cd, then start teleing to the next objective. I’ve spent over 3 million gold trying to find different non-meta builds and they’re just not there. Mana is a crutch instead of a resource.

5 Likes

This is the core of D4 and D3. D1 and D2 did it right. Won´t happen again with Blizzard of the current generation.

5 Likes

In the situation where i have to count/watch my spender if it’s proc vulnerability before i can use my core…

1 Like

Waiting for cooldowns isn’t skill. Anyone whos played a heroic dungeon or raid before knows not to stand in stuff, thats not skill, its second nature. None of these bosses require “skill”.

11 Likes

What level is rogue? Interested in your build as I am abandoning my 51 sorcerer.

3 Likes

This game requires no skill… you just need to run in circles, use your generator skills, wait for your cooldowns, rinse and repeat.

That offers zero fun or challenge.

14 Likes

you guys must be playing a different game. this is literally just D3 everything on the screen dies in half a second. LOL

1 Like

Sorry you feel the need to lob lame insults. I thought people got over that immature behavior you know, when they grew up. I havent insulted anyone yet here you are. Pretty ironic, eh?

Back on topic. We dont need a brain-dead game. There are other mindless button mashers out there. Lets have some depth and difficulty.

4 Likes

Have you ever -successfully- gaslighted someone before? Because that isn’t going to do it, bud.

2 Likes

Also bit silly least from playing Rogue and Sorcerer, that your survival ability is moreoften used for dps instead. With Ice Barrier giving a damn nice boost to ice abilities, and rogue concealment with a 6 seconds vulnerability.

1 Like

Im not trying to. At least you refrained from the insults this time.

1 Like

wiglaf got trounced pretty hard earlier by me in another thread, so much so that they had to make a new account, and post some faux outrage on the new ID… pretty sure i know who it is too… now i see they are lashing out elsewhere… redditesque buzzwords and all… LOL

2 Likes

This was something harped on in like, every review and constant forum posts and I’m not understanding why it’s bad? I’m playing a Necro that doesn’t even use core skills, doesn’t spend any resource, doesn’t use minions, and everything dies in half a second. I solo content 10 levels above me. I could honestly use a little more scaling lol.

Every time I felt like I hit a “wall” I just pinned a new Legendary dungeon on my map, went get a new ability, inscribed it and then I was back to sweeping the floor again. I’m level 40 with nearly a full set of legendaries. Maybe it gets worse or something? But I’ve seen this mentioned in reviews that only leveled to 50.

Just finished a boss and my dot damage ticks for 4k against them, melted it in seconds

You mean Elden Ring I assume? Or do you even know??

Upheaval feels and looks and sounds amazing. Speak for yourself.

Yeah, toxic positivists love to pretend the issue is difficulty. The issue is tedium and slow pace molasses.

10 Likes

So at level 50 80% of the game is trivial?

Great idea. This is why no one pays yall to design games

Guys, this is exactly what D2 was, it’s just people don’t know it cause there was a way to “cheat” it over and over (buy mana pots, kill everything, buy more)

Make a mod in D2 where mana pots are 10x the price and this is what you’ll get more or less overall (sometimes I really think this should be tried out tbh)

On the other hand if want to make D4 feel as D2, all that’s needed is to add a button that refunds your mana for gold :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like