Damage nerfed with last patch

Has anyone noted a nerf in damage for Rogues with last patch? I think it’s related to precision because I saw other people complaining about this with all different main (rapid fire, pen shot, etc).

Yes if you’re using a crossbow they fixed the bugged Precision interaction they introduced last patch.

No, I’m using bow and before the last patch I did way more damage. I noticed my CRIT bonus for precision went down from 220% to 160%, and on the other hand Rapid fire was supposed to get a 10% damage buff and still less than before overall.

You probably abused the bug were Rogue was able to hit for Millions into Billions of damage that they fixed, or?

My Rain Of Arrows went from 390K damage to 190K damage :-(( Sucks big time. Thanks a lot Blizzard for the “10 percent upgrade” !!! LOL.

1 Like

As I answered to someone else: NO, I didn’t use crossbow with Weapon Mastery bug, but Skyhunter.

They “fixed” the precision allegedly “double dipping” that they talked on the last camp fire, but they didn’t put it on the patch notes…

You can expect about a 25% damage nerf playing RF bow even with the Rapid Fire “buff” :clown_face:.

I know, but as it’s written in the patch notes they fixed a bug that occurred only when using crossbow, so I don’t see why should it affect bows too.

There’s 2 bugs that were fixed:

1. Weapon mastery bug where critical strike damage bonuses such as Precision and Weapon Mastery were double dipped. This affected crossbows that used a dual-wield skill preceding the case and 4x the damage from before.

2. Precision bug where the critical strike damage scaling calculation was calculating a larger damage bonus than it was supposed to. This affected ALL builds using precision and with this fix, Skyhunter builds do as much as 19% less damage and crossbow builds do as much as 17% less damage.

Wtf didn’t know that, do you know where can I read more about this? Thought it was only Crossbow… thanks for the info anyways

It was a change that was not mentioned in the patch notes.

It was written down in one of the campfire chat slides as bullet point #2 under the rogue, but wasn’t distinctly mentioned at that time either.

https://www.youtube.com/live/Yit1Dz7pBwo?t=2147

Here’s the detailed explanation of the bug itself.

I did not know that there was a bug, and I am really bummed of this. I dont follow any build or such, I just go with what i feel like on every new character. At the current Rogue character, I have been going with pucture, penetrating shot, and crossbow/sword/dagger, to get the bonus right from the “weapon mastery” skill, to fit both my paragon and stats. The stats even out on poison(and dmg to poisoned), vulnerable, and crowd control. Overpower is not i focus, though i still have random 450 % to it. Glyphs are mainly physical dmg, crit dmg(as much X dmg as i can find), attack speed, vulnerability. I have above 1000 dex, and precision enabled. Pen. shot shows 60-75k with all combo points. I crit at 100-200k damage, after crowd control, vulnerable and poison hits. Down from 400k - 1.4M crit. This from a nerf that is not even mentioned in patch notes? My character is UTTER RUBBISH now. almost struggling to do mobs. Before I was struggling with bosses. My friend goes around with a hota barb striking millions to billions in damage. I dont understand crap of blizzards focus in this.

Everyone swapped to Barrage. You’re stuck doing the same sadly.

Curious to see your build, how come are you using poison? Can you share your build link here and tell me the stats on your bow or crossbow?

I’m hitting as high as 4 million crit damage at the moment with penshot.

Are you using only pen shot or with rapid fire too? Can you share your build?

Using both yes, with no imbuements.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/planner/6z2s0e79#1

1 Like

Thanks so much! Your paragon board is a work of art, I changed it a little and now I’m pretty happy with the result, somewhat around the damage I did before patch so all is well.

1 Like

sorry for late response, I took a few days break after that. I game mostly on playstation, but also on PC, but I have not uploaded the build. I choose poision this season to get both the “% reduced dmg from poisoned enemies” as well as wider variety to choose from in the bucket, with " % dmg to poisoned" . Mostly because I dont spend too many hours gaming this season. After a few more hours of gaming, I tuned in the best I could, and plow through regular stuff pretty easy. But bosses/ endgame is clearly for different builds! I’ll just wait for the next season now :slight_smile: