S3 Rogue has died

Honestly, the good rogues are theorycrafting around the gauntlet at the moment and generally don’t come to this forum to whine anyway.

Rogues got a nerf to precision and has a few things still left unaddressed, but buffs to flurry, barrage, non-puncture based ranged builds. It’s still funny to see barbs/sorcs not nerfed, but it’s no where near doom and gloom for rogues.

What for nerfs ? :interrobang::interrobang:

We’re expecting to see a moderate to substantial damage nerf on precision depending on how they change it.

What you talking about, you didn’t watch the campfire chat?

I thought it was Weapon Mastery getting nerfed because it was bugged doing double Crit damage. Though they mentioned it tying to Precision, I have no clue what it all means.

So in other words, I’m guessing we can’t avoid Phase 1 on Uber Lilith?

You mean, the same campfire chat where they specifically mention:
Fixed an issue where the Precision Key Passive was incorrectly scaling based on the player’s Critical Strike Damage bonus”?

Which, this is in reference to the precision damage bonus calculation that is based on an inflated “Critical Strike Damage bonus” value.

Further details of this below.

So the Weapon Mastery bug was introduced in the patch that fixed the Advanced Rapid Fire bug.

The precision “bug” (which we didn’t really know it was a bug until now) is a calculation bug that uses the following formula:

(((( [crit damage bonus] +100)*1.5)-100)*0.15*1.5+50)/100+1
Which for 581% crit damage, translates to a precision bonus of 257% damage bonus.

Which we’re assuming now will be revised down to:
( [crit damage bonus] *0.15*1.5+50)/100+1
Which for 581% crit damage, translates to a precision bonus of 180% damage bonus, or a 22% reduction in overall damage.

or worse:
( [crit damage bonus] *0.15+50)/100+1
Which for 581% crit damage, translates to a precision bonus of 137% damage bonus, or a 34% reduction in overall damage.

1 Like

ah ok, we will see,

but another question is in my head, the new barrage aspect, if you put it on a 2hand, the riccocet chance can go over 100%

can a split arrow split again? is thats true, thats would be a nice aoe chain reaction then

i also really like the attack speed buff for basis + the vampire basic aspect ~40% more attack speed…

looking forward for a basic machin gun build

I doubt it, but you never know. It’ll still be a very strong aspect now.

Theorizing what? How will you use PENSHOT or PENSHOT+RF?
What is there to “theorize” beyond that?
Complain anyway? Let’s take just two classes, Barbaro and Rogue, what is your assessment of the 1.3.3 buffs/nerfs?

Did you play TB in this session? Do you plan to play one day?

Do you think having only builds with PENSHOT or PENSHOT+RF will complain anyway?

Well, maybe you’re theorizing that they’re now trying to replace Puncture and that’s a very good thing?

In the skill tree, what do you theorize about Ultimate active skills?

Weird to ask questions that I’ve already answered, but you do you I guess.

Map layouts, density levels, gauntlet concept, and strategy.
What targets should be prioritised based on kill speed vs score.
How much to bias towards single target damage or aoe clear.
How much armour and DR we can sacrifice in favour of movement speed because the content has been confirmed to be T70.

If you think you’re going to be using the same builds and strategies as what you’ve been running T100 vaults and NMD’s, then I’ll just say good luck :slight_smile:

In fact, you didn’t give any answers to my questions, shall we repeat the most relevant ones?

1. Do you play PENSHOT or PENSHOT+RF?
  2. What is your opinion on active ultimate abilities?

One new:

1. If Rogue is as wonderful as you say, why didn’t you use Rogue for demonstration? Why use barb and sorc and not other classes?

As already said, I made 2 Rogues, a TB and PENSHOT, which I alternate between pure PENSHOT or PENSHOT+RF. I don’t have any difficulties with bow skills.

And as I’ve said “N” times, the problem isn’t giving arch bufs, the root of the problem is what other constructions can you use?

By the new patch notes, they only fixed the broken interation regarding crossbows, let’s hope that’s it.

They also buffed rapid fire by 10% and inner calm now goes till 40% (LOL!?).

If nothing else changed, I’m pretty sure I can one shot world bosses without overpower using a Skyhunter on the next patch, lol.

Cool story bro. Read some of my posts within the last 24 hours including the one above.

1. You want to know what I play? You want to know what I ate for dinner too?
  2. I commented about the CQC nerf. Need me to spell out that this impacted the viability of ultimate based builds for Rogue too?
  3. Demonstration of what? That it’s not doom and gloom for rogues? Have you actually played the class? Do the majority of rogue builds really feel terrible?

Doing it as a mid season fix would be a little harsh anyway if barbs/sorcs won’t also get nerfs, but it should be fixed eventually.

The conversation is about the rogue and not about his food.

Not wanting to or not knowing how to respond is something I must respect.

Because you’re coming from a place of making a knee jerk reaction to my comments - made rightly - that people are being too whiny about the rogue changes. Not a conversation that I’m interested in.

I am surprised they remembered Flurry exists.

I built a TB cold rogue this season, did 100 NMD, and killed the seasonal boss, and quit to play LE. Grinding for ubers not for me, and nothing else to do

Attack Speed increased by 20%.
Dev Note: Lower the Power interrupt frames from 20 to 16.

is this something special? never read something in d4

It will make forceful arrow and heartseeker more attractive to use as an alternative to puncture. We don’t yet know how this will play out however.

This should make the skills behave like puncture more where you can stutter step and cast smoother.

• Flurry
    • Damage increased by 10%.
  • Improved Flurry
    • Previous: If Flurry hits any Vulnerable enemy, it will make all enemies hit by that cast Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
    • New: Flurry deals x20% increased damage to Vulnerable enemies. If Flurry hits any Vulnerable enemy it will make all enemies hit by that cast Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
  • Advanced Flurry
    • Previous: Evading through an enemy will cause your next Flurry to Stun enemies for 2.5 seconds.
    • New: Evading through an enemy will cause your next Flurry to deal x30% increased damage and Stun enemies for 2.5 seconds.
  • Of Encircling Blades
    • Damage bonus increased from 8-15% to 15-22%.

I’ve been running a Flurry Spam build that uses Beastfall boots and focuses on shadow imbuement (800-1.2m flurry burst.) Works great in NMV 90-100.

Flurry does great at trash clearing, but its by far the biggest weakness is single target damage. If I run into Son of Malphas or The Butcher. I just skip them and not even bother. Also don’t do Ubers with the build, takes way to long.

I’ll try to get a video up this weekend of the build. The final vault room with the build is actually pretty hilarious as you just stand in one spot and nuke the mobs with the burst setup.