D4 vs PoE 1 and 2 - My thoughts as a casual player and huge Blizzard fan

Well almost everything is just an opinion… sometime based on some facts.
You think D4 is better I think PoE is better, both opinions are ok. We can have discussion about it and we will disagree with each other… that also ok.

My problem was with your statement that D4 is better BCS it has bigger playerbase.

1 Like

What a conversation. :smiley: From D4 vs PoE to psychology to individual rights to Taylor Swift. They say if you keep this up long enough the fuhrer is going to appear.

1 Like

My honest opinion on the whole PoE and D4 discourse is that it’s aimless and pointless. Both are related insofar as being of the same genre and same style, but the fact of the matter is that they couldn’t be more different in character building, loot itemization, and spell customization. The only reason why they continue to be compared to one another is because they’re the most popular of the genre, but they’re popular for different reasons.

To be honest, this entire discourse has only distracted from the game that I believe to be an actual competitor to Diablo IV: Last Epoch. Last Epoch is still more complex than Diablo IV, but not so complex as PoE that it alienates new and incoming players. I don’t think the game is a threat to Diablo IV if only because it’s not available on console right now. That said, the game is releasing next month, and Eleventh Hour Games have already promised a content cadence in the form of seasons a la Diablo IV and PoE, with an even more robust endgame to indulge in. The best part about it is that it’s half the price of Diablo IV and will be staying that way post-launch. With the right support and momentum, that game has every chance of stealing the spotlight from Diablo IV. Here’s hoping season 3 ends up being a knockout success for Blizzard.

poe keeps making me feel smart. d4 keeps making me feel snoozy.

after 12 hours of poe im juggling ideas and i’m eager to come back.
after 12 hours of d4 i am thoughtless.

still play both… but one of them gets a lot more of my time heh

1 Like

Thats maybe true for POE1, but POE2 will be for a way wider audience and they’ve mentioned it multiple times.

Ofc it will require more than avarage game knowledge in the higher min/max section but this is the case in every game out there.

All in all it will be completely different than POE1 in term of complexity. :wink:

They are 2 different games entirely. Please no more D4 vs POE.

Somehow, it’s really not surprising that you enjoy pre - digested drivel.

So after lurking, I just have to add to the “best” vocalist discussion.

Robert Plant and Chris Cornell.

That cover of Nothing Compares 2 U. Whoa.

If you mean Chris, did you see his cover of Zeppelin’s “Thank You”? Nice.
I was fortunate enough to see him twice with Soundgarden (RIP).
Unfortunately, never got to see Plant, Page, et al.

LOL, I guess off topic from the main OP, but anything to stop seeing POE vs Diablo. And someone did bring up music.

1 Like

Idk, I think yeah in terms of the skill system revamp where the support gems get socketed into the actual skill itself is a good change which does take away from the annoyingness of not having the 6 link of the correct colors and constantly re rolling to get that GG roll.

The skill tree is back in PoE2 which I know a lot of new players were intimidated from seeing it in PoE1. I get they are making some changes to the PoE2 skill tree with its dual specialization talked about on their website.

All in all sure, you are going to bring in some players cause its the 2nd iteration of PoE. Where as some old PoE1 players stopped playing, but will check out 2. Guess we shall when it releases.

please do not consider PoE…that community doesn’t need you or any blizzard boot licker.

1 Like

Your wish list would not being fulfilled would not deter me to continue loving D4.

This game is all about finding the best loots. Looking at each loot and finding the best ones for keeps is a major part of the game. If you let the game do it for you, why play the game? A videogame is made to fill up our extra time. If time is precious to you, dont play videogames.

I learned from D3 is that no matter how much extra bags I have, I would fill it up and would clutter it if I dont organize it. I realized I have kept tons of loots that I would never ever use. So, stop keeping garbage loots. On Season 2, I was able to organize my stash for 4x builds. Stash management is on you. Again, I dont want the game to do stash/loot management for me.

I was able to do NM100 and AoZ from 3 builds. Uber Lilith is not on my list. I just wish they lessen its one-shot-kill mechanics allowing Casuals to have kills on her. Maybe make another Uber-Uber Lilith for those with Uber Uniques and high level AoZ glyph.

You’ve never felt the carnage of existing powerful builds. Why not enjoy first on what exist? I dont wish for more if I havent experienced the current one existing on the game.

It’s on you. Your GeForce Experience has the ability to record your adventures. Some of mine is already on youtube… not just for D4 but also from other games like my AoTC and KSM captured from WoW and all my incredible stunts from GTA-V, and my incredible wins on 1vs1 match up on StarCraft2 and AoE4. All of those were done manually. It kills your memory space of your hard drive. I dont think games would capture it for you. For RTS like StarCraft2, it’s like a must to have a replay.

It’s okay to have it but I wont cry if it doesnt have it.

D4 is D4. D3 is D3. They are not the same. I have no wish to have pixelated mogs to be transferred to D4. And I dont need my obsolete D3 achievements to be seen on D4.

POE 2 will be a defining moment for Grinding Gears IMO.

It’s supposed to be a more streamlined version of POE and if they can strike the right balance it could become the premier ARPG.

The issue with POE 1 while a brilliant game is that isn’t quite complex and suited to more dedicated players. It’s an excellent game and anyone dedicated to ARPGs would be foolish to not give it a go but for someone that just wants to pick up a game slay some demons and they move on with something else Diablo 4 is still a good option.

Hi nice to meet you. Do you speak on behalf of the entire PoE community?

Just started grinding some poe for first time.
Got to level 48 on one, and another character to 40. about 20 hours all together.
and wow, i already thought d4 was bad enough.
At the point of level 20 on my first character, i did more build theorycrafting and build planning in that first 3 hours of poe, than i have in the over 200-250 hours on d4 WITH endgame builds.

I’ve spent more time crafting in poe already than d4… and i’ve enjoyed it too.
I’ve spent more time decorating my hideout and having fun with it, than theorycrafting a build in d4.

The item stats are super interesting, the combination of skill gems and freedom to customize it, the currency system, (Able to craft super chests and modify before opening them, wtf awesome)
The difficulty curve is nice, and not boredom to straight face rolling like d4.

I’ve also spent more money on poe than d4 already, and its a free game.
I recognize the fun in poe and i’ve splurged on several cosmetics and a supporter pack, and feel good about it.

5 Likes

Thanks for your views Slayer, sounds convincing. I am curious, from tomorrow will you be spending more time on D4 season 3 or continue with PoE?

Why do you ask, was putting in mathematical facts of the game not enough? Posting the purchase prices not enough? Fully counting the number of affixes in the game wasn’t enough? Pointing out the RNG loot box “crafting” since the beginning wasn’t enough?

You’d think with the dissertation I wrote you’d understand I have played it.

I’m just going to let you in on a secret, very close kept. You can like a game even if it’s poorly designed.

I’m sorry you were offended that I pointed out obviously bad design in Path of Exile. Some of its even the same design problems as in Diablo 4, except people like yourself are too emotionally attached to PoE to be honest with themselves.

:wink:

You need to try harder when you challenge me. You’re still new, you don’t know any better.

2 Likes

This was enjoyable to read, these forums can become gladiatorial. Purrsuasive I am curious as to what your views are on Slayer’s thoughts on POE posted 2 comments above.

Interesting transition from your first post here. Careful though, you don’t want to make it too obvious. :wink: