D4 sold 10+ million copies and made over 1 billion dollars. That means it is a successful game

Just wanted to remind everyone that D4 crushed sales and made tons of money and that means that Blizzard is going to keep investing into it and it’s not going anywhere.

D4 is going to be around a long time.

And no, D5 is not coming out next year. It’s probably 5 years away minimum.

I can’t wait to see the future seasons of D4 and expansions. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

Great result for the shareholders while burning the Diablo reputation at the same time

125 Likes

and it further destroyed Blizzard’s reputation thus damaging sales of games in the future.

Not sure if it was worth it for them.

53 Likes

How does a game that makes over 1 billion damage their rep? Do you know how game companies work?

Making money = better rep.

3 Likes

Its only Season1 I still have hope in Diablo 4 dev.
I hope OW2 team has nothing to do with D4 because it means game over if thats the case.

3 Likes

diablo 4 is one of the greatest games of our generation. other ARPGs should aspire to be like it

4 Likes

The latter does not follow from the former.

To be fair, Diablos reputation was already burned to the ground when D3 released.

Try 10 years.

Do you?
To ATVI, making a billion can easily end up as a disappointment.

4 Likes

Was that a reverse-troll or? :joy:

1 Like

For the couple of people unaware, OP is almost certainly a dedicated troll under the guise of a rabid fanboy / white knight, just trying to get people worked up and arguing with him.

26 Likes

You think they are hiring tons of positions for a dead game?

They are literally hiring a bunch of people for D4.

It’s not going anywhere. It’s not dead. You need to wake up and observe reality man.

4 Likes

It’s gonna be a blast I know. :joy:

The game sold on its name alone and promises, empty ones that never came to be at launch.

This does not mean it can’t or won’t get better and out the gate 100% it did bank roll it high with those again, empty promises from a rather weak dev team that is over there heads.

Broken horses
broken quest
Lag
powers not working
powers flat out broken
No end game content

They can’t fix any of the above: but have time to add shop items and nerf classes into the floor, but can’t fix BROKEN issues with the game. Look Singularity I still think you are hilarious and I love cracking up at your post but damn sometimes simping is just simping bro.

But again as I mentioned the game, regardless of how much it MADE needs to keep making more money that is the point of this game as a live service and to KEEP making money they need players to keep playing, buy EXP packs, buy battle passes and buy shop items.

Blizzard is not the same company it was, and once the game starts bleeding money for server maintenance and other upkeep task, the game will die: but only because blizzard will not want to spend the money and no matter what YOU think the name of the game is money, that is why as said the game CAN and WILL get better but it is a mess right now and needs more fixes, more to do, and less nerfs, stealth or otherwise.

7 Likes

D4 is so bad even the gold selling Chinese have moved on from it.

20 Likes

Then why are they hiring tons of positions for a dead game?

:rofl:

You guys need to stop huffing the copium. You look delusional. D4 isn’t dead. No game developer would be hiring if their outlook was bad.

That means D4 is doing fine no matter how many angry little posts you make.

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA that a great joke, oh wait, were you serious?

7 Likes

You didn’t read a single word I said, and how is saying the game will get better and WISHING for the game to be better Copium? If anything you and your endless post that this game is PERFECT IN ITS CURRENT STATE is copium.

And this is a good first step in that direction, yes, hiring people - and also firing people.

gamerant
.com/diablo-4
-season-lead-designer-job/

Remove spaces, but new season lead designer? that is good news, Which also counters your whole argument: you say the game is wonderful and fantastic and so magical and perfect this dev team did so well!..yet they are looking for a new lead designer.

I never said it’s perfect. It’s still VERY GOOD. It’s doing fine. It’s actually a hugely succesful game and your tired, whiny, complaining threads are not going to change this.

You can give up now.

You are what is known as the vocal minority.

4 Likes

Pass, Just like you can post all day ever day when I am sitting here at work I can do the very same. And I will keep poking holes in your post and keep slapping my knee laughing at them, until the game gets better.

and again if the game is doing so well and this dev team did so great I mean google is your friend.

Diablo 4’s Dev Is Hiring a Season Lead Designer After a Disastrous First Effort

When diablo 4 DOES improve it will not because of people like you defending its current state, it will be by a new team that comes in and changes everything broken and not fun.

1 Like

You can’t poke holes in anything because you are the minority. Most people are playing D4 and liking it and never come to the forums.

I see tons of people in game every time I play.

You are not doing anything to D4. You are just wasting your time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Review sites were paid to focus on the campaign but not the actual end game we played for. It was a marketing scam that played on nostalgia and the entire industry was in cahoots. Blizzard spend more than their development budget on marketing and drowning out criticism.

3 Likes