D4 Haunted Refuge Dungeon Bugged - final boss doesn't spawn

The Haunted Refuge dungeon, located in the Rotspill Delta zone of Hawezar, is bugged and unable to be completed, making it more difficult for new players to finish the dungeons portion of renown. You complete the initial portion of the dungeon, enter the mid-dungeon room, kill the two bosses, then receive a “Slay All” objective. Upon completion, a new objective, “Slay the Festering Shambler” appears, except there are no more monsters in the dungeon. I have clicked on every single shrine, healing well, chest, etc. and the “Festering Shambler” never appears. I’ve retraced my steps all the way back through the dungeon and never find it.

Hope this report helps fix the bug, or someone is able to help out if I’m missing something. This same exact process happened with my fiance on Xbox.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Having the same problem on PC, looked on Google and saw this post

1 Like

Same issue here. There are a few other posts about this and a Blizz employee posted indicated they would forward to the dev team. Its been an issue for a while, hopefully it will get fixed on the next patch

1 Like

Still bugged as of tonight, so not today’s patch apparently.

Bugged as well on ps5

Bugged on pc. Festering Shambler not showing up. Reset and relog didn’t fix it.

Had it happen to me in HC on the PC earlier today so it’s pretty much everywhere.

Yeah it’s a bugged since i don’t even remember. One would think blizzard would finally fix a damn bugged dungeon instead of playing around with aestetic stuff like putting the mount on the loading screen. Strange priorities…

1 Like

Still? Sigh blizzard hates completionists…

1 Like

Still no final boss on PC

No boss appears after defeating the mobs in the second phase.

Still bugged on PC. No boss after getting the “Slay the Festering Shambler” message.

As another comment said, on hardcore is the same. I just cleared the dungeon and couldn’t complete it for the challenge in the codex since it’s the last aspect I need to unlock in Hawezar.

same issue on pc, tried on multiple characters, issue persists

Can confirm.
Tried multiple times. On one character. Still…

still bugged. just attempted to complete this again.

Still bugged on PC, just tried to complete this dungeon

Still bugged on Xbox one.

same problem here on pc

maybe this should be a higher priority and things like quest givers not following than those complaining about tempering which is mostly fine to me. It does not break the game.