D4 crashing after selecting character

Yesterday, I played D4 normally during morning. But, at night my game simply started to crash after selecting character. I updated my windows, my video board and try to modify somes video settings of D4, unistalled / installed the game, verified / repaired the game but without success.

My setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics - 3.70 GHz
16Gb RAM
Radeon RX 570 Series GDDR5 8Gb

3 Likes

hey any updates? i have the same problem. If anyone has gotten it to work please update us. thank you!

3 Likes

Nothing. But now, I’m trying to install my battlenet and D4 in the same windows disk.

same, played for hours last night, but today ive had 4 crashes and i havent changed anything

been playing since season started but after last night’s “hotfix” the game always freezes after running for 5 minutes in and I have to terminate the game before PC fans die from spinning to fast.

hey, any solution. I can’t enter game since last patch, it stays on queue and does nothing

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a fix? i cant even download the game on my main disk for some reason and i have enough space. when i do install it on my ssd it just crashes and freezes and is unplayable.

I changed the D4 from the HD to the SSD, but it didn’t solve the problem.

Same problem here, i am on a 13900k + 3080ti, so it is not hardware specific :confused:

Same problem here. In addition to dropping general video quality down to medium (no ray tracing), I disabled cross-platform play to see if that might help. I did get in at one point, but didn’t have time to play to see if I’d get kicked later.

I’m having the same issue. any fixes yet?

It’s been two days and I can’t even move.

1 Like

How many of you skipped the High resolution assets when installing the game? I feel like the game’s been trying to pull those assets while we don’t have it installed and it just hung itself a few minutes after the game launched. I can’t be 100% sure due to not enough disk space to install the assets. So if you have space and you are encountering this issue. Try install the assets and see if that’d solve the problem.

Have had the high resolution assets installed since Season 0.

All the crashing started with the so called “hotfix” released on the 16th. That is the consistent variable in all this. Blizzard needs to fix this.

6 Likes

They patched the game recently since s4 started
I had no issues playing on day1 of s4, played for 20+ hours without any issues.
New patch and now I get constant crashes.
I kill the game (through task manager) and bugs it out.
I hit repair and the game launches ok until I start trying to open inventory and stuff like that, the game just hangs.
Better than no loading into anything when it’s just bugged out :frowning:
How do you release a hotfix that breaks more than it fixes?

3 Likes

I got mine to run.

1. before your character loads at the first screen, hit escape a bunch of times to get the menu open.
  2. if you get the menu open, it won’t freeze loading your character.
  3. I hit start game and it just sits for a while and then returns to character select screen.
  4. I start game again and everything is completely fine.
2 Likes

Kudos to you! Worked for me as well, now I’ll try later again tonight if freezing reoccurs.

Mind you, once option windows appeared, I disabled cross-play just in case, not sure if it helped.

Now from time to time the game freeze a bit, but it’s on the verge of manageable until they fix their hotfix with a new hotfix… (Blizz, if it ain’t broken, DON’T FIX IT!)

this and Blizzard Support - Deleting the Battle.net Cache Folder
both together got it working. Thanks!

Lol, now it won’t work for me and freezes with the menu open. Guess I’ll just sit on my thumb. I had a very small update today and now it won’t work. Very cool.

Same problem. Missed most of last season because I was loosing hope in this game. Now I come back to check out the new season and I cant even play without the game crashing or lagging so bad its un playable.