D4 crashing after selecting character

I had to close the game and now I came back and tried to launch the game with the same method and also without it. Both failed to work as the game just freezes itself when teleporting to different areas… I can’t believe there’s no blue replying to this. Since so many ppl encountering the same problem.

3 Likes

When I logged out, I had to redo it again. Esc - Options - makes changes - reset to defaults - change my cursor colour back - and… I can login.

This will be my 3rd attempt right now (3:37 am here) and I won’t be able to login in about 24 hours…

What saddens me: no communication from Blizzard at all, from nowhere, and this isn’t the sole post… keep it up guys.

1 Like

nvm, it still crashes even after this b patch

1 Like

I’m playing in Japan. I am also experiencing the same phenomenon. Things were fine at the beginning of the season, but after the patch, symptoms started appearing. No matter if I teleport, open the menu, go to Helltide, or ride a horse, it always freezes and loses connection.

3 Likes

There are no problems with the internet connection or PC specs. This is clearly a synchronization issue and I think it’s a server issue.

2 Likes

It seems getting worse than before but either way, it’s impossible to get past 2-3 minutes after the game has run because the screen will just freeze and can easily hear CPU fan spinning like crazy.

1 Like

The game started working again, a little strangely, but it did. They updated a new patch and it froze again. It’s complicated, Blizzard.

No, it’s not. the game hangs after a min or two. it might work 1 of 100 times but 99 times it just hangs. it feels like a mix of bad servers and memory leak combo. Saying it again it’s been fine until the 1.4.0a patch rolled out. the 1.4.0b doesn’t fix the problem at all.

1 Like

Just adding my name to list of this issue. Worked fine until the 16th.

1 Like

Dont uninstall, is the same sht, i did even a fresh windows install and is the same hahaha

2 Likes

But Blizzard won’t say a word… but pwetty please buy their cosmetics at the cost of 2 x Diablo 4 base game (I do my part, I pay for your shizz, now do your part.)

Feel like an Old CEO (Kotick?) is there again…

Buy the battlepass for accesing the good version of the game.

1 Like

I dont know what happened here. Yesterday, I accessed my game and left for some minutes on the select character screen, after this I clicked play game and thats it, my game works again.

Today, in first time that I play D4 and was clicking play game on select character screen my game crashed. In second time, I entered in game and left some minutes (5 minutes ±) on select character screen, after this time I clicked on play game and the game worked. It took a while to load the game, but it did.

2 Likes

^
I can confirm that this method is the only way to make it work. Even though it doesn’t work everytime.

1 Like

her iki yöntemide denedim girişte sıkıntı olmadı fakat karekterim ile bir yere ışınlanmam gerektiginde gene takıldı ve inat ettim bekledim 10 dakika sonra ekran geldi. Sorun donanımsal değil bunu blizzard da biliyor fakat bu sorunu çözebilecek kadar kabiliyitli değiller ve bundan dolayıda cevap bile veremiyorlar. Arkadaşlar paramız ile rezil oluyoruz ve karşımızda muhatabımız bile yok çok yazık

It’s as if the game, every time we enter, is generating cache. On the character selection screen you expected to load the basics of the game, after that you had to load each space on the map, each mob, each animation.

I am having similar problem.
My issue is that my game crashes on character selection screen and can’t get past it. Never had this issue before an update.

3 Likes

As wPiazao mentioned, I wait as well, but I use the ESC button when I see Hell’s door a bit before you can see the flames (then the character screen will pop up).

So once ESC has activated the Options Window (I smash it quickly about 5-10 times until the option window open), I play with the cursor colour and… I wait… sometimes a bit longer than 5 minutes but I can hear my CPU/GPU fans working super hard, then I know it’s “loading”

I then wait another 1-2 minutes and I get in the game.

*Once you are in, it also takes time to load so just walk out of town, you might freeze a llitle but eventually it goes away.

** And if you plan on loggin in later, I select Leave game, then on Character select I click on options, and then I don’t touch my PC until I’m back to play, and I get right through, no need to do the whole process again.

And YES, never had this issue from any season, until patch on May 16 2024.

I have AMD, not even NVIDIA.

I am having, what I believe is, the same issue.

Pre 1.4.2 patch, I would click start game and it would freeze. Post patch, I click start game and it loads the cut screen but freezes. Then it will error out saying connection is lost, click the button and the game crashes. Occasionally, I can get in but not very often.

Same pc and xbox s series