Current tempering is REALLY bad

I’m gonna keep this simple. I stopped playing Lost Ark because it SEVERELY punished even the most dedicated players who were not pay-to-win. Current tempering disrespects our played time in your game. Tempering as it is, is extremely punishing. I will only allow so many really good greater affixed items (that feel REEEALLLY good to find) to turn to complete trash by this garbage tempering system before I quit the game. That’s it. Fix it. Nobody likes this system as it is. Stop punishing your players.

54 Likes

i like the system as it is…

18 Likes

The tempering system is really bad without reset…and this problem related to the logic of the specified system, not the RNG algorithm.

5 Likes

couldnt of said it better. tempering base is really cool but the fact it so easily bricks items with no way to try again with even rare items just hurts the gamers. its not like poe where you craft the base item and start over if it bricks. these items are very rare rng to drop in the first place

9 Likes

Reset tempering at cost of 10 mil. But please add a reset button like masterwork

12 Likes

10 mil is too cheap. would have all bis very quick. i think something like 1000 pit mats or a spark or something. something hard enough u wont do it on just any item

2 Likes

No, that’s too expensive and the season not long enough for you to do that many times…

5 Likes

10 mil is not cheap. You still have another 5 tries to brick the item again lol

7 Likes

im in the middle. i want a reset but I want it to be hard to reset the item. this still rewards dedication

2 Likes

No you don’t. You only spend time on here to troll people who criticize bad game development because you’re just weird.

Anyway, yeah some suggestions of a reset button is a great option. Regardless, the system as is sucks. Feels great to find the double and triple GA, to be rendered trash by an even trashier system that feels like punishment for investing time into the game.

12 Likes

idk how we are playing such a different games.

10m is not cheap - WDYM? i’ve got literally 6b and i even stop selling items. 10m is nothing.
tempering as it is now is fine.

Do you guys understand that as soon as they add reset system to tempering that means that we have only 3 affixes and not 5?
This game is already dumped down as much as possible, but you keep insisting on more and more. D3 players.

7 Likes

I believe it has been said many times here, but tempering in its current form is something incredibly frustrating. You drop/buy an item with x GA and you just can’t be happy because you don’t know if tempering will destroy it - which happens quite often.

Ideas:

• A rare item that resets tempering, falling sporadically but giving you a chance to return to the “destroyed” item in the future
  • 5 extra attempts for each GA affix, for example
  • offer the previous option when rerolling
  • reset button like masterworking

I hope you will change and improve this Asian destructive mechanic for the good of the whole community :slight_smile:

really pretty sure i like the system as is.

3 Likes

it is pretty suspicious that spam about tempering comes from new accounts

3 Likes

ive farmed about 7b so far had6b of that brick. tempering as is isnt fine. you just trying to trigger people? the only people that think its fine engage in rmt either buying or selling

4 Likes

no there are a lot of players who think that tempering is fine. Who cares that you brick 6b? Maybe stop buying stuff that easy to brick?

3 Likes

1745 posts. you actually play the game or just troll here 100% of the time? the forum trolls not worth talking to just ignoring since they will just poke the other side no matter what

1 Like

sure man, 0 arguments, you just “don’t like” this system. Accusing anyone who disagrees with you of trolling LMAO

3 Likes

System be fine if it was not already impossible to roll good items because stats like life per sec or poison resist are weighted to roll on 99 percent of the GAs.
Add on that the diablo patented loot throttle for those that play too much. When i started I was seeing dozens of 2 ga and a few 3 ga items every day. Now even though i kill much faster i see maybe 1 2ga a day and 3 ga about as rare as an uber.

2 Likes

yea i lost alot of good items with this random system