Cpu Temps getting high

Is it just more or are cpu temps a problem for other people? I can run any other game on high settings and usually stays cool. Im getting cpu temps in the 90s.

What’s your CPU and cooling?
My 5800X3D runs between 60s to 70s° in D4, so nothing out of the ordinary.
Im only reaching 90° under full load on all cores.

1 Like

It’s a problem for me too. I even underclocked to make sure this wasn’t a voltage issue. I’ve got a galahad 360AIO pump (and other fans in the case) running with an I7 11700 and something in the game is spiking my cpu temp from 90 sometimes to 100. I’m talking like the cpu utilization is PEGGED at 100 degrees. Not sure what’s going on.

1 Like

The weird spikes in CPU temps have been an issue since launch. I have a huge thread about it here , but it was never responded to by Blizz despite tons of community engagement.

I started another thread here since the original was closed, but it hasn’t picked up the same amount of traction as the original.

I have a Ryzen 9 5900x that typically sits around 65c max during gaming under a NH-D15. Have had zero issues with my set-up in the past, until D4.

Every few minutes (anywhere between 1 minute to 5) it’ll randomly spike to almost 80c for just a second or two before going back down to usual temps. Doesn’t seem to matter where I am or what I’m doing.

CPU usage is never higher than 20-25%, and does not change during the temp spikes.

Performance is otherwise fine, but it’s very jarring having my case fans go haywire intermittently like this. GPU temps have so far been normal.

This did not happen during the Beta or Server Slam.

1 Like

I have a i7 13650HX and I even underclocked but it still hits the 90s.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.