Couch COOP not working?

Also having this problem all morning. I could use 1 game over 2 consoles…i had a moment about 15 minutes ago where i could get a second person logging in to create a new character because “the other one was not allowed” on one couch playing but that moment passed because i had to run back to the other console to stop from dying. And when i returned the option to join had passed and the profile was again seen as offline

Same here. When I press the options button the prompt to press it disappears but that’s it. No couch co op.

2 Likes

Same here Just a little frustrating.

I’ve tried everything I can think of for Couch Co-Op. I used a character far out of the prologue to try and get my second in, I created a new character, I went through the prologue with that character, and nothing happens once you press the Start to Join. But, when you leave the game, you get an error that it’s canceling the co-op, and if the controller turns off, it freezes the game to tell you to turn it back on.

1 Like

Seems you have to wair for the second player to queue in…

1 Like

I play this game with my husband. He’s logged in and playing but I can’t get in for couch co-op. Occasionally the button on our PS5 will show up for me to join, but doesn’t do anything. I got in once to create a character did that clicked to join and it never connected. So I’m
Just watching the hubby playing my game because we don’t want to do the queue again for a 3rd time. I’m a tad frustrated.

2 Likes

We r having same issue on ps4 couch.
co-op player 2 gets kicked and aftwr 15 min can rejoin, however must start a NEW character as NONE of the 3 previous characters are eligible to enter the game…

I am having this issue on PS5 - when i make a character and start the game, it gives the option for a second controller to press start to join so she does and nothing happens. After some time, a Blizzard window pops up asking to link account to Battle net which both of us have done in the past, but nothing else happens. Need an answer quick!

1 Like

I have the same issue on Xbox series S :frowning:

1 Like

Same issue for me. Friend and spent almost 3 hours waiting and messing around with logins to no avail. Got into the game. Got a message saying 2nd player can join once player 1 starts a game. Then nothing…

1 Like

clearly when P2 tries to connect, it has to wait for another queue.
But when P2 has join, even after creating a new character, it says that the character as no rights to join the game.
Both BNet accounts are linked to PSN accounts.
I’m on PS5.

Same issue here, tried everything, hopefully it’s fixed next weekend because it’s a bummer, we are having to take turns playing …

My couch coop is working but I’m not getting credit for doing quests. It’s saying I’ve already completed it when it’s my first time doing the quest.

1 Like

[PS4] My wife was second player last night, I pre-ordered the game, it took time to get her into the game but it was saying quests did not count for her, she got disconnected and we couldn’t get her back in as second player. Today I had her sign in first and start the game with her character she created last night and it let me join as player 2 (I pre-ordered the game) with no issues so far.

1 Like

Tried :

• P1 bought the game and PSN linked to Bnet
  • P2 created both New Bnet and PSN accounts (linked), uses start to join ingame, game asks to create a New character, After that we have a message that says that “No character fits to join (or something approaching)”

Please help us :+1:

1 Like

I was dealing with the same issues as you guys trying to play with my wife. First whole day only played for 10 minutes together but we got it to work all last night. Try completing the prologue on the main account solo. Try having your second person login in and complete the prologue on their character solo. If you get error codes close the app. If the error codes persist delete and reinstall. You can also sign into the second persons account and then have the owner of the game join we did that the last two seshs. This is all for couch co op. Good luck everyone.

1 Like

We played the whole early with my son in couch coop, with my stepson via inet, sometimes a little laggy, but is a beta…

Same here, Turn on the controller select your profile, you get back to Diablo hit Start to Join, nothing happens. I left it for 2 hrs just to check if it was a queue issue, it never started.

Wife keeps getting booted…but then it bugs and keeps her leave game options on screen indeffinitely and bugs my controls so that i can only press x. Game needs to restart in order to resolve and thrn she can rejoin the queue

This is an issue for me and my girl as well. Wont let her connect