Couch COOP not working?

When I’m in the character creation screen it says I have to wait until I’m in game for player 2 to join so I do that. But then I’m in the game there’s a pop up that shows the button for player 2 to join but I push it on 2nd controller and nothing happens. I try to switch which account I’m using on the playstation and I got logged out of Diablo 4 so now im waiting in the 2 hour queue (now 90 mins)

Is this a bug or am I just doing it wrong? Either way it’s not clear enough
Update? someone on reddit was speculating the player 2 might have to wait in the queue but I don’t even know how to tell if they are waiting in the queue. It would be nice to get blizzard’s input on this or someone who’s done it before.

update someone on reddit says they were able to have a 2nd player play for like 15 minutes and there was no queue for player 2. at some point player 2 got disconnected and couldn’t get back in

15 Likes

Same issue here - PS5. Roommate was already in the game, I pushed the PS button and selected my account (I have PS Plus) . When I was redirected to D4, I saw the prompt to press pause to join, but nothing happened after.

Her inventory screen now pops up on the left, as opposed to the right originally, and my controller indicates I’m player 2, but there are no further prompts or indication for second player.

Right now she’s just playing through campaign to see if you have to “unlock” coop, if that might be the case.

Side note, first boss was a little difficult… as if increased health for two players? But this may just be the new difficulty system.

2 Likes

if the random person on reddit is correct then maybe your player will pop into the game after it’s done waiting in the queue? I don’t know if this is correct and it’s sucks that there’s not a way to verify it but definitely let us know if that’s what happens because so far I have no other idea of what to try than that.

update other people on reddit are saying there is no queue for the other player so maybe it just isn’t working

1 Like

Yeah, same for me and my buddy. We were playing just fine when the bete first opened, then 15 minutes later we were both kicked and i had to rejoin the que, and now he cant join my game.

2 Likes

Same issue here. On ps5. Waited 90 minutes to log into the game, was able to login after that. Pressed start on second controller to log in player 2, nothing happens. When you turn off player 2’s controller it acts like they’re in the game, but they never actually loaded in. Tried signing player 2 out of their account on ps and signing in again, same issue. Ended up restarting the game to try to fix because we were really looking forward to couch co-op. 101 minute queue…

5 Likes

if it’s any consolation my 2nd queue time is 20-30 mins shorter than it originally said.

Same Issue. Buddy was able to login and play Coop fine for the first 10min. Servers logged us out and after a ~30min que I rejoined as player 1. Could not get player 2 into the game. We switched PS5 accounts and I tried to join as P2 with the same issue. No error or anything but when you press the options button to login - nothing happens.

1 Like

we weren’t even able to get the 10 minutes of coop although I did hear about someone else getting 15 on reddit and having the same log out issue

Same here. Hoping Blizzard will fix that. Really frustrating. We waited so long to finally play together. Don‘t think there is a queue for Player 2. my husband is playing for a while now and i can‘t join.

2 Likes

Is a ps plus account for the second player necessary to play?

Now couch coop is working fine! Just 10 minutes ago, as we were dealing with the first boss, in the bottom right of the screen we found some text which said something like “there are no characters for P2 to use, click [pause button] to create a new one”.
So we did create second character, now we are playing together :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you only need one subscription because we’re paying for 1 but you do need separate accounts

1 Like

Cheers! I got booted a while back, but ill give this a go. Thank you!
Did the character get made on the main account or the second?

For me I ended up making it on both accounts separately before we were able to join together but I don’t think that’s the way it’s supposed to work and it could even be easier to join without making the 2nd character first (according to known blizzard issues). I’m currently having issues with it and other people so it hasn’t been worked out yet, but it is possible to play COOP, just not easy. (some people think there’s a queue time for the 2nd player to join and you just can’t see it)

We were entering a dungeon as couche co op and 2nd controller could not enter. Then we got kicked with error 312703. We are now waiting 150 minutes oooo please let me wait more.

1 Like

No couch co-op…2nd player joins and nothing happens.

1 Like

Also could not get coop to work. Will try again after this queue, I hope.

1 Like

We are having the same issue, not working.

Also experiencing this issue. When the beta first opened, my co-op partner and I were able to launch and play the game together. However, when their character picked up any gold, it was always deposited into my characters bag.

After they picked up a piece of equipment, their character froze, then was disconnected. The game left us in co-op mode, and displayed their character as a memeber of my party, but sgowed their battle.net account as disconnected.

1 Like

Not even getting that far. Oress join on second controller and it disapears and nothing. If i go to quit the game it then shows a error 300010

This is the most frustrating thing.

3 Likes