Constantly Rubberbanding and Disconnecting on PC

I’m constantly rubber banding and getting disconnected on Diablo 4 on PC… I’ve rebooted router, disabled crossplay, reduced graphics to minimum. What else can I do?

I managed to play a few hours last night then the issue started and since it started it hasn’t stopped even into this morning. :frowning: Paid extra for digital deluxe so I could play all this weekend and now I can’t. :frowning:

23 Likes

Sounds like an issue with your connection to the server.

Diablo IV appears to be touchy about having a good connection to the internet. If its glitchy, if you are running on a wireless connection, if you have other people using the internet while you are trying to play, all these thing can lead to latency spikes that will cause rubberbanding.

I think I only encountered this twice in the past 2 days, and only briefly when leaving a town to go out and do something.

During Beta, I had seen it a lot more frequently.

But yeah, the number one cause of rubberbanding is network connection, someplace between your computer and the servers.

My internet connection seems stable for everything else, other video games play ok. My speedtest check looks good. I am using a wired connection and there are no other devices using my network just now. The rubberbanding is constant. :frowning:

12 Likes

My partner is experiencing the same issues. Constantly getting disconnected from the D4 servers. With the amount of posts I’ve read & seen in relation to disconnections, it sounds more like the D4 servers aren’t coping with the influx. Both my partner & I had no issues during the beta nor the server slam weekend, it’s only now which suggests that the D4 servers just aren’t coping with the demand.

Our internet connection is stable & high quality, all other games & streaming works perfectly. It’s only D4, which indicates that it’s specifically the D4 environment, such as the demand on the servers causing the issue.

Blizzard needs to address this & start working on keeping the servers constantly operational with more brought online when the demand is higher.

I work in software development & know that it can be done in today’s day & age.

I would say that Blizzard severly underestimated the demand that the servers were going to placed under.

11 Likes

I can barely play today, I have gotten disconnected 6 times so far :frowning: HD streams and everything else running without a hiccup on my 1gig connection, not my side as far as I can observe.

7 Likes

I managed to play this afternoon but now in the evening again it is unplayable. When I load into my character it says my latency is about 53ms but within 5 minutes it jumps to 1700-2300 then kicks me back to main menu…

WHY!?

3 Likes

I’m also experiencing this. “Network Disconnect: The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server.”

Nothing else on my network reports an issue or latency.

6 Likes

I am getting this also. Didn’t have problems during beta nor pre launch. Only after launch have I been getting this and it happens constantly.

3 Likes

Just disconnected in the capstone dungeon during the boss. Still watching a stream and internet seems fine.

2 Likes

I’ve been disconnected for 8 times already in the span of 2 hours. There goes my sigils lol.

6 Likes

My personal opinion would be that at least european servers are worthless. I have 350ms minimum latency. Hell, according to ookla that´s double the latency than Sydney. Hope someone will fix this soon. It´s giant pain in the but and and the game is unplayable.

2 Likes

This game rocks!!! The graphics…oh I had to turn those down because of the constant stuttering. The sound quality…oh those aren’t working either with the constant dropping out and stuttering. The speed…oh the stuttering. What about the connection to the constant online server requirements…oh ummm no that’s not working either as I’m constantly being kicked off when I click the “i” key to bring up my inventory or I inadvertently tap “tab” to see the map or was it when a conversation with an NPC starts up and the sound skips and stutters then the conversation becomes a mish mash of everyone talking over the top of everyone else. This game rocks!!!

2 Likes

I’ve been having similar issues the last few days. I notice that when I get disconnected, sometimes I’m unable to reconnect to battle.net. Can’t login to it, ping it nothing. When I sit here for 5 minutes or so with the battle.net app open and watch the upper right corner where my account name is I see I’m disconnecting and reconnecting every couple minutes. I’m not losing internet connection, is there something I can do to fix this? I can’t imagine playing HC, I’d be dead before I was level 5 like this.

1 Like

This is a server issue, during early access everything was fine, 0 dcs no rubber stuff. Now as game went live and everyone started playing constant dcs

7 Likes

Same issues here, UK server deffo worthlesss.

2 Likes

Getting constant disconnects, and rubberbanding. US servers. I’d prefer longer ques to get into the game if that eliminates the problem.

5 Likes

I’ve disconnected at least 100 times today. After that I just stopped counting. No other devices are connected and every other game runs perfectly fine. Love the fact that I paid to play early and can’t even leave town without disconnecting. I refuse to even play hardcore cause I’ll definitely die from rubberbanding. Money well spent :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Joining the band. Can’t even play the game, to much stuttering and DCs. Only happening in D4, other Online games are fine

4 Likes

The lack of comment from Blizzard on this is absurd. There are a lot of posts regarding this, with the same behaviors, and all I see is posts to run WinMTR, which suggests they think it is NOT their servers. Every WinMTR trace I’ve ran I see no latency that explains the stalling/stuttering. C’mon Blizzard, let’s see some accountability for this issue. At least acknowledge that you are looking into it.

10 Likes

Tried to play today too. Early evening was fine, now the two PC users are having constant dcs but it seems to work ok on the ps4.

2 Likes