Constantly Disconnected

Exactly the same for me. I have been able to play maybe an hour total today. Very dissapointing as I was working last weekend so I hade little time to play then. And now this weekend it looks like I wont be able to play much thanks to this.

Unfortunately, Iā€™m in the same situation: here in Brazil, the queue is taking around 30 minutes, the game starts, I play for 3 to 5 minutes and then I get disconnected. And then I have to wait another 30 minutes. Iā€™ll play again tomorrow and see if it has improved.

Iā€™m really enjoying the Necromancer, although I think heā€™s quite unbalanced and overpowered.

Iā€™m west coast and DC after 15 minutes of playtime

Youā€™re not the only one. Last weekend, I had one disconnect the entire time and no crashes. This evening, I just had my 5th disconnect as I type this up. As far as I can tell, my internet is stable, none of my other devices in the house are having any connectivity issues. Wish I could figure out why Iā€™m having this issue so much this time compared to last weekend.

East Coast for me.

I am also getting disconnected after 5-10 mins of play. My husband who is sitting beside me at his own computer is having no issues at all.

I know 4 people who have been able to play for more than an hour without getting DCā€™d, and theyā€™re all west coast players. Meanwhile, the longest Iā€™ve been able to play is 14 minutes. Typically dc after 5 minutes. In about 10 hours, Iā€™ve managed to level up to 10.

same. only had one or two disconnects last weekend, have had at least 6 today - and 3 times it happened while i was very close to completing a dungeon. very frustrating. iā€™m giving up now. hopefully tomorrow will be better.

@Blizzard - make it so that if a player gets disconnected, or the game crashes, or the player closes the game deliberately, retain them as ā€œlogged in and past the queueā€ for X minutes (5-10 minutes?) so that upon relaunching the game they can immediately resume playing. Having players to wait in the queue again because of some issue on your end is not good. In the beta it can be excused (kinda?), but definitely not in prod. aaa

Ive been stuck in the peaks with the bear tribe for about 4 disconnects now. Im about to just try and hide in a dungeon, hopefully it doesnt lag in there

i disconnected at least 5 times today with like 40-60 min queues =(

I believe disconnects with this open beta are common and a known issue. Hopefully things smooth out somewhat by the weekend. I have not been able to play more than 20 min at a time.

Same here - Eastern Canada - Played 12 min on 3 try with over 3x25min waiting timeā€¦

Iā€™ve been d/c just 2 or 3 mins into the game each time. Talking to npc ā†’ crash. Hopefully blizzard can sort this out soon.

Same, Iā€™ve been playing for 10 hrs now and Iā€™ve spent more time in queue than in game. Iā€™m getting dropped every 5-10m and then waiting 30-40m in queue. Fix your sh*t Bliz!

1 Like

So i donā€™t know if itā€™s just me. But i had been dealing with the disconnect error all day about ā€œthe selected party member was not found (code 316703)ā€
I went into the settings >> options >> social and disabled cross-network play as well as cross-network communications. I also disabled further down the setting that is called ā€œenable display of local network playersā€ So far iā€™ve been connected for an hour straight, and i had disconnected 9 times over the course of the previous 7 hours. (each time with about a 30 min queue to get back in)

Iā€™ve also been avoiding the public areaā€™s and focusing on side quests and the dungeons/solo instances from side quests. Iā€™m unsure if itā€™s just luck or what. But has been working for me fine.

I tested my network and wasnā€™t dropping packets if i tried to throw up a stream or anythingā€¦ And iā€™m in central USA (MN) so idk if location had anything to do it. Was playing with a streamer friend all day and theyā€™ve been connected for 8 hour straight.
Hopefully this helps some people, let me know!

1 Like

What the solution to this. I have to wait 25-40mins to get into a server than I only get 5-7mins of game time. Two other buddies are on wifi in the same house. Iā€™m wired with 850Mb/s speed. Iā€™m the only one having this issue though.

try my suggestion above and see if that works or if it was just for me. i really would like this issue fixed before they release the game.

Iā€™ll try to turn off the cross platform stuff. Iā€™m on PC.

Same. i too am on PC. So idk if the issue was when i ran into a console player in the wild. Cuz there didnā€™t seem to be any rhyme or reason for my dcā€™s other than they seemed to happen more often in a public are like town.

Same! I could barely get any game time. Wish I could see the logs of what caused the DC.