QOL Suggestions for console players, let’s be positive and make helpful suggestions, feel free to add to the list and provide input
-
Stash Access at all towns
-
Transmute Access at all towns
-
Multiple Pins on the world map at one time, with the ability to track multiple at a time
-
Skill Tree refund inputs swapped (Long Press to refund ALL skills, and single press to refund the skill you currently have selected) it’s more intuitive to have the long press relate to larger number inputs
-
Inventory item description toggle for console (opening the inventory on console will automatically select a slot or item and this will clutter the screen with the description of the item, if this was toggleable and mapped to a button you could see you character and item slots without having the description box in the way)
-
Inventory Capacity buff, it’s small enough to constantly pull you out of the open world and make you head back to town mid dungeon, easy fix would be adding a seperate smaller section for gems, this would free up slots for more gear.
-
Maybe a decrease in world events, they seem to start again almost immediately after they finish
-
Text on screen to indicate if an item you have picked up is more powerful then the item you have equipped (similar to Diablo 3 item pickup, keeps you immersed without constantly checking inventory)
-
Sorting inventory with items marked as junk, putting all items in order including junk is unintuitive, junk has already been assessed, put the junk to the very bottom of the sort pile, while still keeping the junk in order in case something was accidentally marked. E.G Helmets, Torso, Legs, Etc. And then at the bottom: Junk Helmets, Junk Torso, Junk Legs, Etc. On Console, you have to manually scroll through the inventory, not point and click like PC, this change would lead to a smoother user interface experience
4 Likes
Great thread idea! Figured I’d give my two cents for some of yours and add a couple as well!
For the Stash/Transmute, I’m on the fence about it. It fits with past games - that only had one town per zone/act - to have that one central hub with all of the things. Long story short, I’m personally good with how it is, but it wouldn’t end my world if it was changed to what you suggest. I do think the gambler NPC in Kyovashad could be a wee bit closer to the center of town, though.
Skill Tree input swap? Oh yeah that’d be great. 100% agree.
Item description toggle? Kind of on board, my big beef with the inventory is I really don’t like how the floating description windows move around. For one item it’ll be on the left side and then the equipped item - for comparison - on the right. But they seem to switch based on where in your inventory the item is, far as I could tell. So then you’d look at another item and have your equipped item on the left and the looked at item on the right. The little banner that says “Equipped” was a bit hard to read, as well, at a glance.
Having the item window be more static and with a single place to pop up, or somehow ensure that the comparison item always stays to one side, would be nice. Too often I’d be like “Wait… so this is what I have now? No, no that’s what I just picked up… hold on… what?”
Gem tab/pouch in the inventory? Seconded. Like it.
Events should have some sort of timer before respawn, yeah for sure. In the realm of like… 5 minutes at most? (Maybe shorter if quest dependent.) I’d be curious what it is set at right now.
Item sorting between marked junk and otherwise? Agreed. Makes sense.
Actually think I covered some of my suggestions by dovetailing from yours! 
A minor QOL suggestion on behalf of my animal loving girlfriend would be to expand the greeting/petting emote from the dog alone to the cat and donkey as well. 
2 Likes
Only thing i see that should be looked at is the d-pad left has no function on controler. Could be made to accommodate another skill impute. Or designate that for health potions and left bumper could be used for an extra impute for a skill.
2 Likes
Not sure which console your on, but left on d pad is used when map is up it brings out your quest list. At least on my ps5 it did.
I do agree on item description those panels are way to big and they move around and block needed information.
1 Like
Yeah when the map is up but in game it does nothing.
1 Like
I would like to have a real cursor, works really good in D2R & Destiny for example.
1 Like
Left on the spas is also used in game for dialog confirmations such as group invites and trade requests, so not a dead key
Could make the mount a stash accessible option for the rest of the game in Act II to help gameplay flow. Also that gambler merchant guy in the main town where you roll for gear needs to be in the 1st floor of the building holding our stash.
1 Like
I really want to see an option to adjust or modify the current console hud to look closer to PC, specifically the hp/mana jars and skills to be center screen and styled like the pc. It looks so much more ascetically pleasing.
After some thought with the EA Beta, I feel like dash or dodge should be on the right stick like in D3.
This opens up Circle or B button to be used as an environment interaction button. Would stop me from attacking with X or A button and leaving the map.
Even just making map transition occur with press and hold instead of single press would be a massive improvement.
1 Like
I’m personally disappointed that the console UI is the same as PC and just remapped. The controller without free cursor in the current design feels really clunky. I wish they had put the time into having a console specific UI like D3 which feels way more intuitive. Not sure why they missed something that big.
Also, I still play on my couch in my living room, not on PC or monitor on a desk. The character/skill menus are hilariously small and difficult to read/navigate. The map covers the whole screen, why not use that real estate for the inventory as well?
These are just my opinions, but some of the design decisions make no sense to me.
1 Like