Console players do not count?

I have not seen any comment regarding any change post beta for the console players. Blizzard we do not count???
There are multiple HUD issues , broken HDR, frame issues, loading lissues, and so on …are you not going to adress this?
I want more customisation for the HUD ( to make it smaller, to remove all the quest writing ar annoying permanent whell prompt ) i want a clear screen and a more immersive experience (not menus everywhere)
So where are our much requested changes at least like the broken HDR???

5 Likes

We the console players are the last sh1t to them, they don’t give a damn about us

• Aiming abilities that you can’t aim with. The joke tells itself

• No keyboard and mouse support, even when its natively supported by actual consoles

• broken HDR

• And a long etc.

The money from the sales of the console version will be used to improve the pc version. They have absolutely ignored each and every one of the requests that console players have made to them in the forums, twitter, reddit…

It is clear that our money is worth less than that of PC gamers. Thank you Blizzard for despising the fans of the saga in this way

2 Likes

Well if helps they did respond to the HDR issue. They said they were looking into the console HDR issues. I think its the only blue response ive seen on the console forums unfortunately.

1 Like

PC users not getting everything they want either. There is no WASD support for them. Plenty of complaints about it online if you do a quick search.

• Controller issues apply to both platforms.
  • PC doesn’t get WASD, console doesn’t get M/K. I’m pretty sure PC will eventually get WASD, I’m not so sure about console getting M/K. Though if the game lasts long enough I think it will as consoles better support more input devices.
  • HDR is actively being addressed.

I don’t really find this topic to be true given the game is being developed cross platform. This isn’t a completely separate experience the way we saw with D3 where console users definitely had a right to feel they were second class citizens.

If anyone has more room to gripe this time around it’s PC players for the simple fact consoles have more restrictions and therefore are the lowest common denominator.

2 Likes

Which is minimal. Options are nice. PC Players have MKB AND Controller as an option. Console can’t even get MKB, which is laughable in 2023.

2 Likes

You could also push this argument over to the console manufacturer, that they don’t better integrate it.

And to be honest, if you are so worried about pc get the edge on PvP, just turn off cross platform functionality, which is an option.

Chat keyboard is supported, but tedious.

Still arguments for pc? play it on pc

A big nothing burger

2 Likes

None of that matters to me, I’m playing on PC but I would have preferred to play on my X because my computer is old, but no MKB, no thanks. Both PS5 / S/X support it, up to the devs to turn it on.

1 Like

You are right and I’m wrong, it was stupid statement of me.

Edit:
It is news for me with that PS5 / S/X supports mice, puts everything in another perspective.

Then I agree they should have fully integrated support for it.

1 Like

All good. Call of Duty is the big one I can think of that supports MKB that I know of off the top of my head, pretty sure infinite does as well.

1 Like

console have couch coop and pc are maidenless

For me the right thing from Blizzard would have been to make a proper post with all the changes that they are going to make both to the consoles and to the pc: the changes made, the ones which are working on and the ones which are coming in to the future.
In this way they will show that they care about their console community not just randomly replaying on tweeter or posts.
As a console player i like my screen to be as immersive as possible ( all the big playstation publishers have dynamic hud which dissapears completly just for us to enjoy the game -but at least to have many customisation for the HUD screen. And also the Hdr should be perfect to give tribute to this game not to mention that all console players are investing in expensive tv’s which are very good at hdr

It’s not switch they can just flip. Support must be programmed to game.

That’s what was said. Devs program the game correct?

Still hoping for MKB support on xbox/ps

Actually it is nearly a “switch they can just flip”.

The functionality is already programmed on pc platform, so the code is already written, and I’m 99% sure/guess they use the same developer language as a base.

Sure they must program minor tweaks or a little code to implement it to console, but that should be so easy for a big company like Blizzard.

For something like the UI Center vs Left, I would agree it could be a simple switch to flip, but the low level OS and i/o subsystems on different platforms are the thing that is most different between platforms. Even if they did their own development of the interface libraries for talking to the console systems, instead of by a pre-made one, the M&K support for newer consoles is still pretty new, and would have to be developed from scratch for their interface libraries.

1 Like

“low level OS and i/o subsystems on different platforms are the thing that is most different between platforms.”

• what are you talking about?
  • it is not something that the 3rd party have to code in second generation code language

“interface libraries” exist for all platforms nowadays premade from console manufacturers as part of their operating system.

Developers just have to call that libraries to use that classes, objects, functions, procedures etc. ← This was the 3rd generation language from early 1990’s.

• and no way they hard code this ‘calls’ deep in spaghetti code

I don’t believe it is more complicated in 2023.

Every platform has different libraries to include, you aren’t going to include all of them, the actual calls are going to be different too, the code segments are not interchangeable.

Not everyone want to use the premade libraries, vendors usually provide API specs as well as libraries, to developers who want to tune their interfaces.

Additionally, when a new library/api is released you cannot just drop it in place and expect it to work. Think about how many years D4 has been in production, and how long M&K support has been around for consoles natively.

1 Like

Like I said, minor tweaks or a little code to implement it to console

Not a big deal for a big company like Blizzard. Then they also get the code for all future games if they need to do that.

• Irrelevant.
  • The time when PS5 / S/X was released with support for k/m with api’s is more important.
1 Like