Console players do not count?

“Minor tweaks” lol, I’m guessing you’ve never worked with software, or in development.

Big company or not, you can’t just pull people in from other teams and expect them to be at 100%, depending on how agile their process is it could take a month or more to change one line of code, from planning to implementation to QA to acceptance testing. Granted they will have multiple teams, but each team is going to be limited in scope, and not interchangeable with members of other teams.

I think one of the things you aren’t considering is whether they thought K&M was important. If they didn’t build support for M&K into the console code from the start it isn’t going to just work when they get a new library. The PC and console versions of the game are fundamentally different, the two console versions are probably more similar than the PC version is to either.

This guy gets it. I’m a career software developer for 28 years in multiple industries. Developing for the Xbox and PS have become easier over time, but they are still inherently different codebases then a PC game. Now you ‘can’ develop one codebase to work with all platforms, but you limit yourself to what you can do because you are limited to the libraries that are cross platform.

Normally though, UI changes like positioning and scaling are pretty easy for the given platform because you already have the framework created for that platform UI. At minimum, they should allow for text scaling, UI element positioning, and the ability to turn off UI elements. This is not difficult to implement.

But then there’s QA….

If it’s that easy then why for example in House Flipper window washing feels weird with mouse or why mouse cursor disappears in PC Building Simulator and few months later it’s back there again and few months later it disappears again which can make building/repairing/working with programs nightmarish guessing game. Good that I now have two Elite Series 2 (original black + Core Red) controllers so I will never have situation where I have controller with empty battery.

Unfortunately PC players complain the loudest.

1 Like

Enlighten us, smarty pants. Tell us how hard it is. Tell us what you think you know.

Please get rid of the god damn “USE WHEEL TO OPEN CHAT” or i swear so help me ill…