Consider making the VoH campaign skippable day one

As the title says it would be nice to have the option to skip the VoH campaign. Some of us don’t care about current Diablo lore.

Our characters will trivialize the content as well considering player power. Make it an option for the players who want to experience the story but please don’t force it upon us.

Are you a speed racer who wants to one shot everything as fast as you can, and don’t care about anything else?

Are you capable of not derailing a single thread that contains a topic that you seemingly do not agree with?

I said, twice, that we should have the option to skip the VoH campaign because there are players who are not interested in current D4 lore and the campaign, for me, would feel meaningless anyway because of the current character power.

1 Like

It would be like paying for a movie and the person next to me only cares about the ending.

Okay thank you for your opinion.

Given that it’s an “optional” expansion, i.e., you can continue playing the game even without it, you just can’t go to the new zones (probably), get the tiger mounts & tiger pets (unless from the cosmetic store), and can’t play the new class, the campaign is only “available” to those that buy the expansion, and therefore is likely to be an optional thing anyway.

The point of the main campaign not being skippable doesn’t really apply for the expansion. It very likely will be something you can choose to do, or not do, but some dungeons might be unavailable unless you can complete it.

Personally, i’m not sure why anyone would pay for a game like this and NOT do the campaign, it’s honestly the best bit. But each to their own I guess.

It will also fulfil the request that a lot of people have had… being able to play the campaign in WT4 so that it’s more difficult. I imagine the expansion campaign will be pretty difficult compared to the main one, especially if you do it on WT4.

2 Likes

You will most likely have to play thru it once before getting a skip option.

1 Like

Yeah I figured as much, was still hoping for it to be optional. I mean we will heavily overpower everything in the expansion and it will just be trivial go from point A to point B thing.

I just view it as a big waste of my time considering I am not invested in the lore and don’t care about it. It would be nice to not have my time wasted but I doubt it will happen. Nevertheless I just wanted to share my feedback, for the record :slight_smile:

1 Like

While Im glad we dont have to repeat the campaign over and over like in past Diablos(dear god was that boring), I wouldnt mind an option to replay it once you hit the next tier for those that want. Heck, even I might give it another go in WT4 just to experience how it feels

1 Like

or imagine a campaign where every major boss is on uber lilith level. Id love that honestly haha.

1 Like

Now THAT would be interesting. Maybe give some cool title for completing it. That would be something worth striving for.

1 Like

While I think it’s unfortunate someone would want to skip it and not play it, I do think the option should be there. There is the big question, as the expansion is launching along side S6, will that mean, like the current base game and seasonal content, the expansion campaign will need to be completed first, before the seasonal content appears? If so, then 100% some people would prefer to skip the expansion campaign, start the season right away, and then later on create a new character and jump into the expansion campaign. Or will both the seasonal content and the expansion campaign quests be available? What do we think?

Given that the expansion is optional, you will be able to jump right into the season whether you have the expansion or not. You’ll have the option of doing the campaign, but it will likely be required in order to unlock new dungeons, towns, and strongholds, which need to be done to unlock more dungeons and waypoints.

It’s unlikely that any seasonal content will require you to go to the new area, unless the ‘area’ is unlocked for all players, but the new class and dungeons are locked or something like that.

I see absolutely 0 reason why the campaign will be forced for seasonal players, you just won’t get the new content until you do it (there’ll likely be a quest to pick up that will start the cut-scene taking you to the new area, and that quest won’t pop for non-VoH players).

1 Like

This is what I am asking for. I want all the expansion features without having to play the campaign. After all I am paying for the expansion and if I want to skip parts of it I should be able to.

I just don’t like it when the game forces me to do something I dislike in order to be able to play the game. Kind of reminds me of Torghast in WoW. It’s not like I’m paying less for a version of the game that doesn’t have the campaign. I think that people who want to experience the story and get immersed in the lore etc. should be able to do that and that people who don’t should have the option to ignore it.

Being forced to do something I don’t want to even though I am paying like everyone else just feels wrong.

This is a pretty naive way of looking at things to be honest.

If you buy the game, but you don’t want to play what the game has to offer, why are you even buying the game?

This is not a sandbox, you don’t login and instantly have access to everything. Things have to be progressed / unlocked.

Part of that progression is doing the questline.

It won’t take more than an hour to complete the campaign quest line, if you can’t find 1 hour for the rest of the life of the game to do the expansion campaign because you don’t like that kind of content, then (1) How do you even find time to play the game? and (2) How do you expect your character to become aware of locations, monsters, and other characters as part of its character arc?

This is an ARPG after-all… emphasis on the RPG. Which in case you aren’t aware stands for ‘Role-Playing Game’. Your character is playing a hero, and hero’s get asked to do things. If you don’t want to play a hero, and do things that people ask of you, you might be playing the wrong genre.

It would be like ordering a large meat lovers pizza and only eating some of the crust. :pizza:

1 Like

I don’t understand why some players like you have such an aggressive attitude towards player choice. I just don’t get it. Me skipping the campaign has as much impact on you as you playing the campaign and enjoying it on me.

I don’t want to get into a debate on what I should or should not be doing, all I’m asking is for choice. You don’t need to call people names unwarranted or make analogies as I’m not interested in being proven wrong. You can’t convince people to do something just because you feel a certain way.

People don’t like being forced into doing things and being told what to do or especially that they are wrong for wanting to do something a certain way when it comes to paying for a game. I’m not saying people should not play the campaign am I? I’m not trying to convince people one way or the other, I just want to have a choice since I am paying for the game, that’s all.

If it takes one hour why is it there in the first place? Anyway, player choice please.

I just think it is funny that people will purchase a game that has a campaign but they do not want to play the campaign. Others will purchase a game that has seasons but they do not want to play seasons. Still others will purchase a loot grind game but they do not want to grind for the loot. You do whatever makes you happy.

2 Likes