Compiled feedback for D4

Pre-feedback context/summary:

I spent many, MANY hours playing Diablo 3 and thought the story and gameplay loop were great in the end, maybe perfect. After a short stint in the early days pre-RoS, I left only to return around season 3 or 4 and played many seasons after that, picked up Necromancer and played through each other’s class many times as well. I also played quite a bit of Immortal, and D2 way back in the day. Diablo 4 definitely has good vibes like D2, but feels so much emptier and slower than D3. Below is my bullet pointed specifics on what I think needs to be addressed / what I liked.

Liked

• Dungeons (like the actual dungeons with doors and hallways and stuff) gave me real creepy vibes.

• Main character and world graphics

• Color palettes for transmogs (but could be more customization)

Disliked

• Animations during cutscenes look janky (ex. like the dancing NPCs early in the game)

• Clicking on objects feels overly precise

• Gems take up too much room in inventory. Just make them a material like all the others at this point. Or add a gem bag item to the inventory as one slot.

• Need ultrawide support in cutscenes

• Respecing should be free if you are going to be handing out items that grant bonuses to skills you don’t have

• Item Power can be the same on a Common Item and Magic Item even when the Magic item clearly has more bonuses. The D3 Item Power stat was much more informative about an item’s relative power level. Possible bug?

Bugs

• NPCs clipping through doors/objects during cutscenes

• Subtitles out of sync in intro

• LOTS of stutter near other players/in towns

• Two items can have the same “Damage per second” yet one has a “+23” which doesn’t make any sense

Edited to add PC info:
Windows 11 22H2
Intel 12600K
RTX 2060 Super
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM
Samsung - 980 PRO 2TB PCIe Gen 4 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4 LGA Motherboard