Can we please get gauntlet for eternal realm?

Facts… guy giving this game a 9 right now in its current state deffinatly only plays 2 hours a week lol…

Wow talk about a completely stupid interpretation of what’s going on

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from, but I think you’re over thinking it a bit:

1/ It’s optional and you know what you’re getting into if you’re 3 weeks into a 9 mth old game trying to compete with long timers; some specifically like such challenges BTW

but more importantly…

2/ They’re just desperate for new content, and this is weekly new content for the next ~ 6 weeks (and then returning in future Seasons), and is “the first part of Trials…” (i.e., more future content Eternal may be locked out of )

Ofc Blizz wants to restrict new content to the greatest degree possible not because of a fair and level playing field (won’t happen in this game), but because battlepa$$ et al.

1 Like

Not correct. Not ALL ARPGs do this. Nor is it necessary to keep non-seasonal players away from new content, especially considering the content that is in the game to begin with is so lackluster and bare-bones.

4 Likes

Thousand of developers have worked for 8 weeks on this dungeon.

No sadly you dont get it. I guess that would have added another 2 months of dev-time for them.

i don’t really understand.
I mean it is eternal, the “player 2” will have ample time to catch up to player 1 since it’s…well…eternal : it might actually motivate him/her to do so.

you are overthinking it buddy. (especially since not everyone start season at day 1, i personally started at week 3 for example)

i see no reason why it shouldn’t be in it.
i won’t be using it but i still see no solid reason why it shouldn’t.

and speaking about fairness, even in season : as long as trades (be it of yellow , gold , mats etc…) is doable, all idea of “fairness” get thrown into the bin, especially in season since actual players won’t have the time to catch up to credit card warrior in a mere season, unlike eternal…

i’d say , as it stand, if you want to point out which would be the most unfair : it would be seasonal since 3 months might not be enough to catch up (in a healthy safe amount of playtime) to credit card warriors.

1 Like

i dont get the problem to be honest. people get lvl 100 in less than 20 hours.
You dont have to super min max your gear, as the gauntlets are tier 70.

Not everything will instantly get moved to eternal. who knows, maybe theyll redo the gauntlets after some player feedback into a whole new system?
Stuff on eternal, is exactly that. eternal.

This cant be said for sure about gauntlets.

Furthermore, these requests pop up pretty much every season. People seem to forget that upon choosing to play on eternal, they will miss out on the most current updates and will have to wait for whatever content makes it to eternal. Those are self made problems. you purchased a game that cleary revolves around seasons. Gauntlets are seasons within a season.

It would be acceptable in eternal if it was the full thing.

Either way no one would care or complain in eternal about being behind if it had similar resets

It’s how it works in D3 eternal and seasonal get seperate leaderboards and both reset and no one gives a rats a$$

You’re making a mountain out of a molehill and just throwing fake what if situations out there for the sake of it.

3 Likes

Wait, and here I thought everyone said the game has been dead for 6 months. Im so confused. Why do people come to a dead game forum to post? So weird.

it was dead at S1 launch according to some (some even said it was at release / beta though) :sweat_smile:

For me it’s very simple:

• All my 12 characters slots are full.
  • At the end of this season, I will not be able to play seasonal content anymore without deleting a lvl 100 chars that is fully geared up, which I don’t want to do.
  • Hence, if Gauntlet is not in Eternal, at the end of S3 I will never be able to play it again.

If Blizzard didn’t want players to play Eternal, they would delete entirely the characters at the end of the seasons and not have Eternal at all. You guys can’t say “muh, you’re not supposed to play Eternal, this is a Seasonal game” considering that all characters eventually end up in Eternal and that you can actually create characters for Eternal too, and play it there. This makes no sense, you’re actively gas lighting.

4 Likes

Are we sure eternal isn’t getting trials? There’s a section for it in the menu screen for eternal characters that says “Trials coming soon”.

Unless Blizzard forgot to make a different screen for eternal characters? But they’d never make such a simple error like that, right? :smile:

Quoting Blizzard themselves, and they also confirmed in the campfire:

This adrenaline-fueled challenge is available to all classes in the Seasonal Realm, whether they’re normal or Hardcore.

I’m in support of OP. Nothing wrong with providing options…video games are meant to be fun.

2 Likes

The power scaling if thought of as a curve flat lines pretty fast. For example for necro once you have lidless and black river (which are the two rarest and difficult to farm uniques) all builds are pretty much open. Only way to go beyond that is ubers.
So given that i think even if a player starts later, they will catch up. IMO that makes eternal a much more even playing field. The only question mark is how much ubers translate to rank. As a 100 necro running no ubers, i can already almost one shot everything with bone spear and CE and survive easily. So I suspect ubers wont make as much of a difference as strategy. For that reason i think eternal will actually be more even and approachable competition. Additionally, it will allow players the ability to quickly try out strategies using past seasonal characters that may inform what they pursue in seasonal content.

Ultimately, the question I like most is, what would it hurt?

Here we go again. “add XY to eternal even if you advertised from start all content will be seassonal”

This time it is even worse, bcs this content should be some LB os its kinda obvious people who play since start are in much better place than newbies.

Such players will simply start in season, and after one season, they can continue in eternal, should they wish so.

I don’t see this as a problem for new players. They will simply start as seasonal anyway.

Dude… you put the game down ‘weeks ago’ bc it is ‘trash / boring’ yet you are still active on the forums still? That is contradictory and disingenuous. Why would you write about something trash and boring and still be reviewing the forums and writing opinions? Youre either very bored or are still playing the game.

Your post also has nothing to do with the thread, so its providing negative value. If you want to rant, whine, and complain, start your own thread instead of selfishly sabotaging someone else’s.

Gauntlet would be a big QOL for eternal realm for those people that do not want to rebuild there character over and over every single season, farming the mostly-the-same gear over and over.

2 Likes

This should be in eternal. With leaderboards disabled if need be. No reason for it not to be available except to stick it to the eternal players.

2 Likes

Yep. Which makes it even more bizarre that there’s a section for it set up in the eternal realm.

1 Like