Campfire Chat / Dev Stream 🍿 Full notes (no rollback of patch)

Stream over. VOD below with notes and TLDR.

TLDR:

• Not walking back most nerfs from recent patch
  • Future patches will buff the weak classes that are underperforming (1.5 to 2 weeks)
  • Nerfing nightmare dungeons to match weaker characters (hotfix today)
  • Increasing mob density to increase fun
  • Fixing leveling speed to make it feel better

Full Notes:

• They feel the changes were needed to increase build diversity
  • Looking at nightmare dungeon squish. T100 difficulty reduced to T70 difficulty (hotfix today)
  • May add other end game content for people who want to push high end content. No ETA
  • Plans for future to address some class issues
  • The vulnerability change was required and needed and may need more. No ETA
  • May have to change a lot of stats to reduce vulnerability further. No ETA
  • Acknowledged CC in nightmare dungeons is bad and needs to change. They want the game to be more fun
  • They want to make changes to increase build diversity (somehow) no ETA
  • They reserve the right to nerf overpowered builds though (mostly bugged builds)
  • They want to do changes at start of seasons
  • They planned to have the nightmare squish with the recent patch but it didn’t make it
  • They plan on giving patch notes sooner, before patch hits, for future patches
  • Another live stream next Friday to discuss next patch (1.1.1)
  • Patch 1.1.1 - Looking at sorc and barb aspects to buff them potentially. Also looking at other classes. Gem tab change still in S2. In 1.1.1 adding additional stash tab. Increasing elixir stack size to reduce stacks in inventory. Reducing respect costs by 40%. May adjust some aspects for all classes and uniques.
  • Patch 1.1.1 not next week but maybe week after (no promises)
  • Nightmare dungeon squish in hotfix today
  • Planning to increase monster density in helltides and nightmare
  • Not all areas of helltide will receive increased density, just the lower density areas
  • Looking at improving framerates and having fewer graphics related stalls while playing
  • Want to make leveling faster from 50-100 by adjusting XP (patch 1.1.1 ?, didn’t specify)
  • Leaderboards in S3. Want to base these on new content type instead of nightmare dungeons.
  • Uber Uniques - Meant to be huge spike of power. Don’t want people to expect to receive them or that they must find them. Don’t want them target farmable. May add other ways to get them in future seasons. May tweak drop rates a little bit.
  • Looking at CC adjustments to make CC more “fair”
  • No plans for loadouts and no timeline right now
  • Looking at more milestone content for WT4 (S2 probably)
  • More ways to farm uniques in S2 and aspects
  • More patches for S1 before S2 after 1.1.1
  • Looking at nerfing some monsters who kill players a lot more than others
  • Looking at nerfing some nightmare affixes
  • Don’t want game to be easy
  • Looking at ways you use aspects and where you can keep them to reduce storage potentially
  • Leave dungeon time change was “small” change. Added reset dungeon button back
  • Balancing some heart effects in future
  • Resistances are hard to fix. Waiting for S2
  • May be reusing campaign bosses for some fights or new content in the future
  • More bug fixes in 1.1.1 for PC performance
  • More crafting options for future
  • They want you to have skeletons on your bar if you want to pay minions on necro but the malignant hearts can help with freeing up skill bar space already in S1 (they do)
  • Room for more fun goblin types. Buffing ledgendary drop chance from goblins

Overall it was a GREAT live stream. Great plans to help the worst classes (sorc and barb). Glad they didn’t rollback the patch it seems OK to me with the proposed nightmare level squish coming today.

Good news we get future patches even if they are probably small.

Overall it was a home run for Blizzard. :two_hearts:

89 Likes

They need to rename it Dumpster fire discussion.

154 Likes

Salty and bitter, are we?

5 Likes

Can’t imagine why people who spent $70+ would be salty or bitter about the product they paid for being a dumpster fire. No one would ever be salty or bitter about such a thing.
:roll_eyes:

106 Likes

Will be 15 minutes late, good start.

1 Like

Lol, “we know it’s bad”. Hahaha

27 Likes

No, just brutally honest.

1 Like

“We will never do it again”.

Already been said before nothing to see here

35 Likes

It barely started and they are apologizing for this monstrosity of patch… where are you excuses for defending the patch that THEY THEMSELVES are calling bad?

22 Likes

You need to learn to read between the lines. They are defending their changes. Just wait.

12 Likes

Sounds like they think the NM dungeons are overtuned. Are they going to nerf the dungeons?

I personally think that going online and crying about it helps! It also speaks to people’s character and critical thinking.

2 Likes

Nightmare dungeon squish confirmed.

T100 will be like T70 difficulty.

I heard no apology yet and there already trying to defend it i give them 10more min be for i close the stream and just uninstall

6 Likes

None of these guys look like they’ve seen a campfire in their life.

26 Likes

Character? Lol. I actually want the game to be better, in which case I’ll come back and play it.

3 Likes

oh no, uninstall? that is brutal!

Ah yes… “crying”
“Everything I Don’t Agree With Is Crying/Whining” is what you’re saying.

20 Likes

All I hear is fast talk, and nonsense

11 Likes

.NMD 100 is designed to be very difficult
.Some players have a very fixed playstyle aka low cooldown (skills)
.Too niche, not many players can achieve such builds
.Not “our intent” to make players play such a forced playstyle.
.Hence nerf of Cooldowns.

Players’ creativity + choices to overcome NMD100.
Kudos and their satisfaction of tweaking.

?!?!?! WT_ @@"
That’s crazy Rationale. -_x
I just got punched*** Where’s the “play your way” Claim, pre-launch sales speech.

4 Likes