Camera Is Too Zoomed In

It can’t be just me but at times the camera is just WAY too tight. It’s like my Character is occupying way too much of my screen both in towns and in the open world and it - while it might seem silly - makes the game really hard to enjoy and play at times as I really messes with my depth perception.

I really hope we see some camera improvements or just a fixed distance that is far greater than what it currently is. The “world boss” camera change is perfect imo and I would prefer that to be the default option with the ability to zoom in if needed.

ETA-1: When I say the world boss camera change is perfect, I mean the distance. I cannot stand the loose following of my character in WB fights though. I’ve died a lot in WB fights because I’ve lost my character.

ETA-2: The way the camera zooms out when mounted on your horse is PERFECT… That would be the ideal distance all the time except for boss fights.

ETA-3: Not only because it’s just a nice QOL thing, it turns out I (and quite a few others) are experiencing highway-hypnosis and this reddit post in r/Diablo4 breaks it down nicely. TL;DR: Playing D4 can trick your brain into feel like it’s watching beige paint dry and make you sleepy.

279 Likes

Agree, it’s very annoying. They probably did it for console players, there needs to be an option to zoom out.

58 Likes

feels like im playing on a tablet

57 Likes

I agree, slightly too close, its better than the abomination that was immortal though. Character took up 1/4 of the screen

26 Likes

Yep agree, but id wager its baked into just about everything and will never change.

1 Like

Seems like based on a lot of the dungeons if they zoom it out any further it will really mess with the gameplay.

2 Likes

Yep that, mob balance, performance, lighting, clipping, AI, Loot drops, destruction ect… everything was baked with that view and likely wont change, would love to be wrong though.

4 Likes

The closed end game beta was more zoomed out and looked just perfect, I’m not sure why they changed it.

11 Likes

Thats encouraging tho, maybe they can bring it out more.

I can zoom in and out using the scroll wheel on my mouse. Are you all not able to do that? Have you looked in the key bindings to see if there’s one for camera zoom? (I’m in queue so I can’t look right now.)

5 Likes

I can but even when I zoom “all the way out” it still is very close. The whole UI just takes up so much space and the camera so far in doesn’t help either.

2 Likes

I assume you’ve noticed that it’s slightly more zoomed in when you’re in town (in case you’re in town while making your assessment.)

1 Like

Actualy sometimes i whish, i could zoom in, to enjoy the details :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

No, not zoomed in enough, I wanna see the pores on my characters face while she punts a demon so hard they turn to red goo.

3 Likes

a lot of people complained about it last year … guess they dont care.
The camera when you fight WB is pretty good, i like that distance … but nothing.
They havent done much past 6 months. Same bugs, same glitches. But they did replaced the AI voice with actual voice acting … which is funny cuz they said it wont be there but Lilith has a voice … Inarius has a voice … i have a voice … but yeah camera … WB zoom distance is required, shouldnt be a problem for 70 EUR

5 Likes

Yeah it feels a bit like a mobile game with this zoom

9 Likes

agreed. but tbh i feel that way in all topdown games. every single one of them could use zooming out.

in diablo 3 i wish i could fight with the belial camera at all times for example.

4 Likes

Agree. Needs one more scroll for zoom out.

9 Likes

There’s an active camera that zooms into you and out in certain terrain and scenarios. No idea if they’ll add a toggle.

Yes, too zoomed in. They really need to fix that and implement one or two more steps to zoom out.

7 Likes