Butcher news? Any info?

Butcher thing is Friday.

This was a dinner event hosted in NYC with a dungeon theme and hell theme menu. Devs, influencers, etc. Pretty small group - not a HUGE party. There was some Stranger thing guy there I guess? I did not know who he was but people seemed excited.

There were quite a few chats with Rod, Pez, others. The last 25 mins or so was just Rod sitting with the streamers and folks chatting about D4 game design. That part might be of interest if what you want is the game stuff.

1 Like

It is over now they had an informal discussions with Rod at the end. Too many sinical post so I will leave it at that.

Thanks, so nothing worth watching. I was expecting more info about the game itself, nightmare dungeon affixes, and such.

Yeah it was a social event and the dinner was mostly entertainment until afterwards. Then there was informal story time and chatting with Rod Ferguson but that was just natural chat, not “scheduled”. It was not a structured and scripted thing.

I was glad they showed that part. It is the best part of getting to attend Blizzcon and live events. Just sitting and chilling out talking game design and features. Telling stories about why X feature exists, how it came to be, etc.

Force is a legit guy. I thoroughly appreciate his neutrality in reviews and the likes. Been following him for a while now. If I cared to watch the stream, it would’ve been purely because he was there. But I was too busy smashing my face in on ShellShock Live. :>

He was the first guy I would watch before D3 launched. He was asking Rod questions about seasons, but the music was so loud I could not tell what they were saying. Hopefully he will do his own recap.

1 Like

Seems to be a private launch party for devs and streamers.

While i was checking the twitter link i also saw that “BlizzCon is Coming November 3-4”
If there is going to be an announcement ,i bet half on SC3 and half on new game.

That is a good description of it I think. It was not very long and the bulk of it was just the orchestrated dinner. The mingling thing was not for very long.

Why even stream something like that, I don’t mind them getting to go and whatnot and thats sort of nice I suppose. but why bother to stream if there is nothing in it for us? No exciting news or anything?

Feels a little, “Look what I got to do.” “I’m having a great time, watch meeee!” Odd.

Do people watch those whole things and think “Golly! I wish I was there too!! I’m going to send him a $20 superchat!” or whatever they call it over there on Twitch

Its just verry strange to me, am sorry.

No, and they were not talking about money or anything at all. It was just an IRL stream. They talked about D4, the food, travel to NYC, all sorts of normal stuff. There was no mention of subs, donations, nothing.

If you don’t like the sorts of streams where people just walk around and do things while streaming it might not of interest to you though.

If you want to see what that kind of event is like, watch it. If not, perfectly fine too.

I will say that I have a headache from the music and commotion while watching. I don’t handle that sort of thing well and it is not the sort of event I think I would have personally enjoyed. A bit too thematic maybe? Def too loud for me.

1 Like

Heck I don’t even like streams watching other people play video games, would rather be doing it myself!

Getting up there in years I guess, oh this next generation.

Watching a drag queen trying to talk about a game he/she, they/them knows nothing about was moronic.

Umm, EXCUSE ME?? LOL Was that part of the stream? thats good stuff.

And woot… Blizzcon is backkkkkkk…

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1659197241654149120

https://meat-shake.prod.fooji.com/#rules

https://images.prod.fooji.com/original/organizations/172/campaigns/1792/published/official_rules-4050796.pdf

There’s a drink called “butcher meat shake” no idea who sells it though and honestly don’t care. Basically, you’re not missing much.

Looks like a milk shake, so nothing crazy. I wonder how it tastes though.

The butcher need some definite balance based on single player combat and the character you’re on not able to be slowed, crowd controlled taunted, or anything means you’re running around as a sorcerer with your hydra or conjure try to kill it necromancer you’re just running away and hoping your pets can do damage because your golem can’t taunt it, or stun it. The Druid your tank enough to take a few hits and then you’re running away. This is a joke of a Bossfight the nemesis at least was balanced in Diablo three this is a joke meant to kill players when they are on a streak.