Bricking an Item on Tempering needs to go

I will never let this go. Devs wnated us to feel good about getting items and GA items. But nothing feels good about getting at 2/3 3/3 item and bricking it every single time on a NON End game function.
Masterworking was intended to be the endgame pinnacle thing to do. You need to move the Bricking option from Tempering to Masterworking. This allows us to gamble our way using Enchanter or Tempers to get the AFFIX’s we want and the Rolls we want for them. Then we brick it on Masterworking trying to get 3 crits on a single roll ( if thats what your trying to do) which makes that godly item still good, just 1-5% less as good if you got the crits where you wanted them, vbersus the current system where the item is trashed if you dont get the temper you want or need.

Fix it.

17 Likes

Disagree. I like the randomness; feels REALLY good to hit the tempers you want, and the tempering buckets usually have other affixes that while not optimal help your build as well.

10 Likes

There is a middle ground here. Making it trivial where you can just pick the affixes you want is just as bad a problem as bricking. There just needs to be a way to undo tempers, and make it a time consuming process (not a difficult process, just time consuming). That way people won’t bother with unbricking items that aren’t worth the time, but can retemper godly bases. That’s the way to do it.

4 Likes

i didnt say that was an issue. thats fine???

Either give us the option to undo or make it possible to retain the previous one (I bricked a 2-greater affixes weapon today because I accidentally chose the wrong recipe… fault is on me but I hope I could undo).

Also the rng feels very fixed; and for certain builds, it’s just too easy to brick because they require very specific affixes (rogue for example). I thought tempering was Ok when playing Necro and got really upset with bricking after starting to play rogue.

2 Likes

Agreed im not saying you need to be able to PICK the affixs you want???

1 Like

The reason it feels really good to hit the tempers you want is precisely because you know you have a limited chance, and you could have used all your chances without hitting the ones you want.

1 Like

Awww no, you got upset?! Diddums!

Honestly, people around here are pathetic. It’s a game about luck and RNG. You all want everything spoon-fed.

You didn’t get your roll? Get out there and start grinding!

A lot of the criticism around this game has been valid, but some people here I think just enjoy whinging.

2 Likes

and yet the rolls can be utter crap. its a horrible system. the end game should brick items not the early game[quote=“Kuritzo-1595, post:7, topic:162752, full:true”]
The reason it feels really good to hit the tempers you want is precisely because you know you have a limited chance, and you could have used all your chances without hitting the ones you want.
[/quote]

Maybe that is true for you. It feels good to get the enchant I want and you have no limit.

2 Likes

Oh I prefer being able to brick/create an imperfect item. Definitely makes tempering more interesting. You can reset masterworking.

1 Like

Tempering Limit is good. Makes the system much more interesting than it would be otherwise.

Would I prefer if the Temper affixes simply were part of the item when it dropped? Sure. But as long as it is something that is added at an NPC in town, the limit is a requirement for the system to work.

Tempering very much is an endgame system. And so are 2 and 3 GA items.

Agreed. Allow us to keep the previous roll.
Only thing that should change with Tempering.

:100:

And now it is.

That said, also remove resetting on Masterworking.

1 Like

I wonder if the RMT stores are selling items since trading leg’s are doable now. They lower the Tempering cost so you can temper a million items (maybe buy packs of 50?) but rerolling stuff will still make your gold disappear in 15s flat (probably cuz it binds to account).

No its not, if it was you couldnt do it at level 1 bro. lol Masterworking is the only TRUE end game system

Any systems you interact with in endgame are endgame systems.
Especially a system as important for endgame progression as Tempering is.

I don’t think people are opposed to “bricking” an item. The issue, as I see it, is that tempering is the first step in crafting (if you want to call it that) an item. There are other ways to make landing a good temper feel good without allowing it to brick your item. IMO, potentially bricking an item should be the last hurrah.

1 Like

They also have useless tempers like 180% distant damage for barbs. Or % increase on +skills so you literally get nothing.

I would like for them to add some sort of currency that restores the tempering charges on items.

1 Like

agreed completely, brickign an item before its an item is stupid. tthats like adding a bricking method to Enchanting

2 Likes

What is this supposed to mean? As long as you have 2 tempers on the item, you can masterwork it, regardless of whether there are tempering rolls left.