CPU Utilization: 38-51%
GPU Utilization: 77-90%
GPU Clock: 1860-1875 MHz
Memory Clock: 9501 MHz
GPU Temperature: 77-78 Celcius
Fan Speed: 4004-4018 RPM
GPU Power: 303-310 Watts
GPU Voltage: 1.1

Probably one of those covid era made cards with bad caps and resistors.

Then it would be all the time or at least during big fights with lots of particles. Not only with inventory window open standing idle.

Awwwww. Who bricked in your GPU’s face?

Firstly, i dont believe you. Trying to get a free gpu for being a troll is not gonna fly.

Secondly, if u were telling the truth. U would have called the manufacturer or blizz directly for help. Not here to complain.

1 Like

I almost bought the 4090 but didn’t like the power requirements and wasn’t ready to switch to 4K, so I went with the 4070, max temp in D4 with ultra settings, 43.

1 Like

I have to agree. Normally during my gaming sessions since I set the fan curve to a custom one, I have been seeing 150F on the GPU die, and up to 160ish on the memory/hotspot.

But after doing that simple test, and seeing it spike up nearly 10 degrees more? Yikes.

1 Like

So how hard did you overclock your GPU? Also are you in a cool room with good cooling on your PC?

1 Like

Best thing would be to take the cover and cooler off and check those caps for swelling if you feel comfortable with it go buy a fluke multimeter it’s easy enough to learn the basics to check resistors. I doubt they’ll be able to get an RMA from EVGA.

i had the same issue in diablo immortal when that game was new, after couple of patches the issue was gone so i guess its game engine that is not optimized

You are clearly not reading what is being written. I suggest reading to understand instead of reading to talk over.

I read the op had no power going to the card.

You responded directly to me, not the OP, and I have already explained to you, after you interjected, what my issue is that has been reproduced multiple times.

Oops had wrong window open.

The only cards that were affected were 3080ti’s and they were a select batch that were made with cheap comps due to shortages during the time frame trying to keep up with demand. If your card is properly built, it shouldn’t brick

Sigh… do people not read anymore?

When those numbers go up and more people start putting two and two together, this could badly for blizz. Especially if they knew !

They did, the first post.

Honestly we are talking about two different problems in this thread right now, I can understand the confusion. Perhaps this topic should get its own thread. And leave the 3090 bricked thread to its own fate.

But they both need to be in Tech support where they belong.

1 Like

Fair enough. I did create my own thread, but I have been very vocal about it to make it more visible. I still think the issue I am having could be connected to what is causing the bricked GPUs.

I also made a dup thread in Tech Support.

Sounds line faulty cards, ive had my cards overheat in the past, but pc shut down long before anything was getting fried. However i did get a bluescreen on my old laptop with a 1060 card last night playing d4 and that have never happened before

Didn’t they have a option for a seperate download package on the pre install for Ultra Settings? I could of sworn I heard people mention it I wonder if theres a connection?