Bosses are too hard

The game is very good but the bosses are so hard that I will not buy it. Comparing to Diablo III it is ridicusly hard even in the adventure most easy mode. Why is what? What happen to not addicted players, just casual players that would like to have fun and not loose to every boss?

11 Likes

Bro bosses are literally scripted and scaled in this MOBA game.

You always end up half HP and no flasks afrer killing it,
I mean if you cant kill it, then dont just stand there and do nothing. :smiley:

3 Likes

its probably cuz ure playing melee class… the classes are very unbalanced early on

4 Likes

I am playing with the druid

1 Like

Melee characters struggle with bosses in the 12-20 range, especially if the bosses are melee oriented in their abilities. I tried Malnok multiple times at level 21 and it just wasn’t happening.

Very gear dependent, my Druid cruises through all bosses now and the world boss has to work hard to try to kill me.

3 Likes

Agree so much. Bosses are massively overtuned.

8 Likes

malnok took me ~6 tries on my rogue (world tier 2). that last try I was thinking man, if this doesn’t work I’ll go back to town, upgrade some gears, add some health gems, etc. but I managed to beat him with like a 3 HP left and 0 potions charges remaining - felt like a huge accomplishment.

I had to avoid every ice bomb, every swing, eek every last drop out of my potions - it was tough but probably one of the more memorable experiences in the game for me.
loved it.

5 Likes

I almost fell at the boss in Kassam - the woman was summoning a lot of demons. I had chaos on the map. Fortunately, I was playing a Necromancer, so some of the enemies were busy fighting skeletons.
I also play on the “Veteran” level, where I had Diablo experience during the Diablo 2 Resurrected beta and Diablo Immortal

1 Like

Sounds like a skill issue.

11 Likes

skill issue frfr… XD

4 Likes

let me guess, you playin barb? Omegalul

1 Like

Playing Druid? try another class

1 Like

Yikes out of 10.

20char.

1 Like

Druid is perfectly capable just requires more gear and thought than brain dead sorc and necro.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing when I tried Barb on my first playthrough. Then I did Sorc with a few hand-me-down gear pieces, I didn’t even notice the boss mechanics.

I do think it’s on Blizzard to ensure new players can get through the campaign quest on their first playthrough, and right now some circumstances are lot easier than others.

3 Likes

no this game is not brain-dead like old diablos and its a good thing. You need to learn these 3 important features.

1. your build
  2. upgrading and crafting/set system for “Your Build”.
  3. Boss patterns
7 Likes

Right. And we’re talking about the early levels of a game where both a) gear is RNG, and b) bosses scale with you as you level. So if the right gear hasn’t dropped for you when you get to the boss at level 9, you have to stop the campaign quest and go do something else, possibly for many levels.

Is there a way it can be done? Yes. Is it a good/fun game design? In my opinion, no. There’s no reason for bosses to be like that early in a campaign on the easiest difficulty levels on an initial playthrough.

10 Likes

The bigger issue with gear is that 99% of rares you find are 8-13ish item levels lower than your character at 25, as if the mobs kept their item levels on items as if the world wasn’t scaling with us, like we’re supposed to be done with act 1 around level 20. That’s a huge amount of stats and damage we’re missing out on because the potential rolls will obviously be higher for items in the 20-25 range.

3 Likes

I’ve tested every class thoroughly. Yes it can be done. It’s much more difficult for new players who would come here to complain about dying. I had a great time with barb and wasn’t phased at all last weekend. Druid is much worse. It’s possible to beat everything with no legendaries or aspects, sure, but it’s going to be really bad for beginners like this guy.

3 Likes

There isnt any boss my rogue had trouble with as melee. With 2 dash and shadowstep, you can weave in and out for anything dropped at their feet. In fact some bosses, like the multiple succubus fight were cake with shadowstepping between them.

If a rogue played without dash or shadowstep as melee, sure I can see how “chasing” or trying to run out would suck, but then again its crazy not to take those abilities.

1 Like